Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
We need to start recruiting guys with that competitive streak in their game and that are willing to run both ways and put the team before themself.

We have no white line fever guys outside of Dev Smith and Connor Mckenna. Too many nice guys that want to look good getting 30 disp but getting murdered the other way.
You missed probably our toughest "gives everything" player in Saad.

Towno78

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Aye. Mikevk123 is going to take a little break from this thread so don't be alarmed if you quote him and he doesn't respond for a week.
I'm not sure 1 week is going to be long enough for him to come down from whatever he took

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Where did the Wines drivel come from.

No chance they trade their co-captain less than 12 months after they re-sign him on a 5 year deal unless he packs his bags, walks out of Ports front door and screams back over his shoulder that he is never coming back
Likely just an assumption, but he's been out of favour at Port due to his average form this year.

He most certainly does. He is an SA lad, his family is there, and his girlfriend is there. You think he's going to finish his career at Tulla?

The good news is that his next contract is going to be so big that he can move out of the groundsman’s shed at Tullamarine and into an actual house.

Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Not a great ruckman effectively but his aggressiveness and competitiveness gets him by. Add to that he is ample as a link man around the ground and the skill set starts to apply to AFL level.
In my opinion that’s all we need from our ruckman, competitiveness and work around the ground. As great as it would be we don’t need a Grundy or Gawn.

Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa
We need to start recruiting guys with that competitive streak in their game and that are willing to run both ways and put the team before themself.

We have no white line fever guys outside of Dev Smith and Connor Mckenna. Too many nice guys that want to look good getting 30 disp but getting murdered the other way.
A few Barnard/Wallis types would be fine by me...

According to AFL.com.au, injured Collingwood midfielder Brayden Sier reportedly played basketball under a fake name on Monday night.

Sier has missed the past three matches with a calf injury but is understood to have played in a Diamond Valley Association Division 3 match in Greensborough under the name “Phil Inn”.

Easy and convenient way to cross himself off the list

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
According to AFL.com.au, injured Collingwood midfielder Brayden Sier reportedly played basketball under a fake name on Monday night.

Sier has missed the past three matches with a calf injury but is understood to have played in a Diamond Valley Association Division 3 match in Greensborough under the name “Phil Inn”.

Raises the question about all of these calf injuries.

Used to be an old man's injury...

Schnitzengruben

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
He denied this himself only a few weeks ago. You're either a confidant or a troll. Which is it?
What do you think a contracted player is meant to say during the season when their team (was) well entrenched in a finals birth?

"Yeah nah sorry fellas, I'm out".

Remember when Dayne Beams wasn't going anywhere? Mitch McGovern? Jake Stringer? Patrick Dangerfield? Literally any trade that has ever happened?

Not saying he'll definitely be gone this year, but I don't think he'll be staying with us until the end of 2021. The go home factor, his family, friends and girlfriend will always be there.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Sier? Who is Sier?
521F48D8-7F6C-4917-B11C-7A33EF2C124B.jpeg

May 8, 2018
Shanghai
AFL Club
Essendon

Wasn’t he also on our radar as a big-bodied midfielder?

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
What do you think a contracted player is meant to say during the season when their team (was) well entrenched in a finals birth?

"Yeah nah sorry fellas, I'm out".

Remember when Dayne Beams wasn't going anywhere? Mitch McGovern? Jake Stringer? Patrick Dangerfield? Literally any trade that has ever happened?

Not saying he'll definitely be gone this year, but I don't think he'll be staying with us until the end of 2021. The go home factor, his family, friends and girlfriend will always be there.
Ooooohh. When you definitively said he was going, you meant that you actually don't know, so, not a confidant. Then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back