Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Brad Crouch has played 42 of the last 64 available games. It's not horrendous and many kids with these pelvic/groin issues start getting past them at mid to late 20s

We're ok with JoeD playing on big money for 11 games from available 45

Brad Crouch is a superior player to Brad Hill and crouch's best is ahead of him

Aug 15, 2009
Donaldsons Dairy
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea
People trying to pry info from me via DM lol, I'm in a tight lipped spot.
If daniher goes in the next couple of days it won't be 5+9

Port won't deal with us any more.
Port can suck our dick. Remember Ryder f###wads?

Last edited:

Fin ice Smuggler

Cancelled
Nov 13, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
If swans are talking about splitting pick 5 IMO Dodoro should be doing what he does best ala when saints weren’t budging on pick 5 for Carlisle, so he went to hawks.

Dodoro should now be engaging with GWS to trade JD there for pick 6 and some.

Unfazed

All Australian
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
If swans are talking about splitting pick 5 IMO Dodoro should be doing what he does best ala when saints weren’t budging on pick 5 for Carlisle, so he went to hawks.

Dodoro should now be engaging with GWS to trade JD there for pick 6 and some.
I dont think GWS have any interest in JD

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
Brad Crouch has played 42 of the last 64 available games. It's not horrendous and many kids with these pelvic/groin issues start getting past them at mid to late 20s

We're ok with JoeD playing on big money for 11 games from available 45

Brad Crouch is a superior player to Brad Hill and crouch's best is ahead of him
He's not a million dollar player though, surely. Fyfe, Gaff, Martin yeah. Crouch? Not yet.

Fin ice Smuggler

Cancelled
Nov 13, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Certainly Witherdens winning the race by a fair bit right now but I'm confident in Ridley hopefully next year he gets a genuine crack. Rutten might like him more and if Hooker moves fwd opens up a spot for him nicely

I like Ridley don’t get me wrong but at the time of drafting I wanted witherden and I believe he will be all Australian 1 day.

Hopefully Ridley proves me wrong, he at least is a beauty for kicking.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
He's not a million dollar player though, surely. Fyfe, Gaff, Martin yeah. Crouch? Not yet.

He's better than Gaff

Dusty and Fyfe on a fair bit more than 900k aswell aren't they? Isn't it 1.2+ for them a year and that was the past few years not the future years where caps are bigger

Degoey and D.Moore are looking at 900k a year from here onwards

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
He's better than Gaff

Dusty and Fyfe in a fair bit more than 900k aswell aren't they? Isn't it 1.2+ for them a year and that was the past few years not the future years where caps are bigger
If we’re going to spend a million a year, do it for Grundy.

Crouch definitely not there.

Fin ice Smuggler

Cancelled
Nov 13, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Their list manager said they'll watch with interest for any spillage but that's all. Also they are blessed with forwards.

Blessed? How many goals did they kick in GF and just about to lose Patton? So if JC gets an injury who steps up?

There interested in spillage but not interested in acquiring a top 5 player in league if fit??? Crazy 😜

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
Exactly me thinks he’s concerned about his longevity and is basically after security, maybe worth it on incentive based contract.
Snap. Can't blame him, and in spite of what a basket case they've been, it would be exciting to be part of fast tracking development as a mentor at a fledgling club.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
T
He's better than Gaff

Dusty and Fyfe on a fair bit more than 900k aswell aren't they? Isn't it 1.2+ for them a year and that was the past few years not the future years where caps are bigger

Degoey and D.Moore are looking at 900k a year from here onwards
That's what I'm saying though. Crouch isn't as good as Fyfe, Martin or Gaff and doesn't deserve that kind of money.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
T

That's what I'm saying though. Crouch isn't as good as Fyfe, Martin or Gaff and doesn't deserve that kind of money.

I disagree

He's better than Gaff and I'm saying to put him on 400k less than Fyfe/Dusty who are on 1.2-1.3 mil a year

I'd right now pay Brad Crouch more a year than Brad Hill and Gaff who are wingmen and don't kick goals

I think Brad Crouch is seriously under rated and that's due to the media and what they've said the past week. To move a player you have to pay overs, to get a need you need to pay overs. I think he's easily worth 800k a year and I'd pay 900k to fill a need

Jack Martin's after 650k the Avg wage is now 400k

Bonars on 400k a year

What are Heppell, Merrett and Shiel on?

Last edited:

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
I've said alot of what's in here outside of the kids

But the only way we get B.Crouch and Jenkins is by addressing Daniher early. That's starting to happen now.

For any club inside the top 12 we need an inside mid more than any of them. B.Crouch and his manager shopping himself around without a coach produces a real opportunity that comes with some risk but I believe calculated. Our midfield lacks on the inside grunt but also the ability to hit the scoreboard Brad Crouch does both. He's entering his prime and his body seemed to cope really well and a nice medical I don't see why we wouldn't give him 900k over 3 years

Play a more dynamic smaller forward line with some nice mediums in there. Get Jenkins apart of the package for very little and Hookers time is now as a fwd

Brad allows Stringer to kick 45-50 goals playing predominantly full fwd
How fearful should we be of Crouch's OP issue? Is it done?

--------- --------------- --------------- --------------- -----------
GWS IN: Pick 5 + (No Bid on Green at Pick 6)
GWS OUT: Pick 6 + Future 2nd

Sydney IN: Joe Daniher
Sydney OUT: Pick 5 + 25

Essendon IN: Pick 6, Pick 25 and GWS Future 2nd
Essendon OUT: Joe Daniher
--------------- --------------- --------------- --------------- --------------
That is pretty bad for us. In a draft devoid of talls, and our best replacement option is Jenkins surely Sydney can come up with something better.

Also, it is a bold/silly move from GWS to move up the draft order like that if they were not sure of someone taking Tom Green before #6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back