Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian:
Intention is to keep Daniher, Ess won’t be a big player this trade period.

TheFrenchCut

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Bonar averaged 19 touches a game in 30 NEAFL appearances over the last two years. Had 19 goals in that time too so appeared to spend some time forward but given the standard of the NEAFL he doesn't sound like he's been that good.

Adrian:

Had 3 discussions with Sydney over Daniher. No player/key forward in this draft to replace Daniher.
Expects Daniher at Ess in 2020 and to fall back in love with the place.

Adrian:

Raz advised the club during the year that he wanted to stay, the external noise escalated things....

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
-we are not a big player this week
-its about list consolidation and retention
-dodo and mcartney have kissed and made up
-mcclure is a stain who is still looking for validation over his cox article
-had 3 brief discussions with sydney - this draft wont replace someone like Joe - joe irreplaceable to us
-no reason why joe cant love us again
-pick 5 this year is nothing like pick 5 last year
-2 first rounder get it done? its not up to us to know, its up to sydney to make us an offer
-raz told us all year he was staying - the noise around it made us nervous but he told us yesterday he was staying and loves the club
-looking at a couple of ruck options

pretty bland all round really

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
They do but they also have a decent track record of offloading their kids while they have some value.

Boyd, O'Rourke, Jaksch, Tyson, Pickett, Hampton, Kennedy

All those players they have got adequate compensation for and clearly won their respective trades. I like Bonar but if GWS are happy to trade him I'd be hearing alarm bells
Maybe, but he's also an inside mid who wants to see what's out there because GWS's senior midfield is stacked. He went at Pick 11. There's plenty of upside at the right price.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
Adrian:

Raz advised the club during the year that he wanted to stay, the external noise escalated things....
-we are not a big player this week
-its about list consolidation and retention
-dodo and mcartney have kissed and made up
-mcclure is a stain who is still looking for validation over his cox article
-had 3 brief discussions with sydney - this draft wont replace someone like Joe - joe irreplaceable to us
-no reason why joe cant love us again
-pick 5 this year is nothing like pick 5 last year
-2 first rounder get it done? its not up to us to know, its up to sydney to make us an offer
-raz told us all year he was staying - the noise around it made us nervous but he told us yesterday he was staying and loves the club
-looking at a couple of ruck options

pretty bland all round really
Thanks boys. 👍

Oct 5, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Based on that interview with Adrian, and knowing how Sydney value their young talls, I don’t see how a trade is going to happen.

5&9 are just picks. We need to REPLACE Daniher and those picks won’t do that.

We should be holding onto Daniher.

If we could walk out of this offseason with Raz and Daniher staying, Bennell and a backup ruck id be incredibly happy.

Gives us 12months to canvas options forward. Get our future ruckman in Draper on the park, and then be prepared next off season.

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
1570745919059.png

Xavier Menzies

Team Captain
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Dodoro is playing the game.
We cert have targets but he would like to keep it inner house.

Sydney know we have a plan, and they don't see eye to eye re Joe.

Carlton also said to be looking to split 9. We are ages away. Maybe just maybe we can move into r1 without daniher being traded.

I might be active in approximately 12 hours I'll have more

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Dodoro is playing the game.
We cert have targets but he would like to keep it inner house.

Sydney know we have a plan, and they don't see eye to eye re Joe.

Carlton also said to be looking to split 9. We are ages away. Maybe just maybe we can move into r1 without daniher being traded.

I might be active in approximately 12 hours I'll have more

You never answered my question the other day

So AFL.com says we are speaking to a ruckman, and either due to the shitty Telstra website or my office shitty Telstra NBN I can't seem to load the ******* page with the details.

Anyone know which ruckman it is and whether I should be excited or not?

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
So AFL.com says we are speaking to a ruckman, and either due to the shitty Telstra website or my office shitty Telstra NBN I can't seem to load the ******* page with the details.

Anyone know which ruckman it is and whether I should be excited or not?

Andrew Phillips (Carlton) and Zac Smith (Geelong)

trade radio, well actually:
Adrian Dodoro - "We haven't offered Joe a deal beyond 2020"

Is that right? Interesting that no journo could confirm that. Some have said we did have an extension in front of him.

So this is about money and as many of us had thought, all about getting an extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back