Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree

He's better than Gaff and I'm saying to put him on 400k less than Fyfe/Dusty who are on 1.2-1.3 mil a year

I'd right now pay Brad Crouch more a year than Brad Hill and Gaff who are wingmen and don't kick goals

I think Brad Crouch is seriously under rated and that's due to the media and what they've said the past week. To move a player you have to pay overs, to get a need you need to pay overs. I think he's easily worth 800k a year and I'd pay 900k to fill a need

Jack Martin's after 650k the Avg wage is now 400k

Board on 400k a year

What are Heppell, Merrett and Shiel on?
My bad. I thought you were suggesting he should be a million dollar man, as the media has suggested.

Thoughts on three way trade

Essendon lose J Daniher & pick 33
Receive picks 5 & 9 & 44

Sydney lose pick 5 & 44 & 57
receive J Daniher & 33
(-1858, Daniher worth pick 5)
1878 on table

Carlton lose pick 9
Receive Papley & syd pick 57
(1287 points, worth pick 12)

Thoughts on three way trade

Essendon lose J Daniher & pick 33
Receive picks 5 & 9 & 44

Sydney lose pick 5 & 44 & 57
receive J Daniher & 33
(-1858, Daniher worth pick 5)
1878 on table

Carlton lose pick 9
Receive Papley & syd pick 57
(1287 points, worth pick 12)
You should probably add Papley to the "Sydney Lose" section.
I'd take it and run, but don't think Swans are going to end up giving that much.

Best I see happening is something like this:

Sydney lose 5, 25, 44, Papley
Sydney Gain 14, 17, 37, Daniher

Geelong Gain 9, 25,
Geelong Lose 14, 17

Essendon lose Daniher, 37
Essendon gain 5, 14, 44

It's two separate trades, just thought this might make it easier to read.

Hold Joey and Raz

Pick up Phillips as a DFA and bring in Cutler and Bonar.
I honestly don't get the fascination with Cutler. He's a winger who can't deliver by foot. Redman is the guy we want on the wing delivering i50. If we wind up with SPP and Cutler as part of our ball movement we are in for a world of frustration.

I disagree

He's better than Gaff and I'm saying to put him on 400k less than Fyfe/Dusty who are on 1.2-1.3 mil a year

I'd right now pay Brad Crouch more a year than Brad Hill and Gaff who are wingmen and don't kick goals

I think Brad Crouch is seriously under rated and that's due to the media and what they've said the past week. To move a player you have to pay overs, to get a need you need to pay overs. I think he's easily worth 800k a year and I'd pay 900k to fill a need

Jack Martin's after 650k the Avg wage is now 400k

Board on 400k a year

What are Heppell, Merrett and Shiel on?

900k?

Total absolute insanity.

People’s definition of “ better than “ said superstar player is often warped by their own infatuation with him.

We used up all our big wads of high end cash allowance for Shiel.

I wouldn’t be happy rolling the dice again.

Develop our own existing young mids and get some tall forwards and a decent god damn ruckman.

And no to Jenkins. A waste of time.

I honestly don't get the fascination with Cutler. He's a winger who can't deliver by foot. Redman is the guy we want on the wing delivering i50. If we wind up with SPP and Cutler as part of our ball movement we are in for a world of frustration.

Cutlers always seemed like a pretty decent user of the football to me?
I know DE stats are rubbish, but they do seem to back this up.

That is pretty bad for us. In a draft devoid of talls, and our best replacement option is Jenkins surely Sydney can come up with something better.

Also, it is a bold/silly move from GWS to move up the draft order like that if they were not sure of someone taking Tom Green before #6.

We and or Sydney will bid on Green at 5

900k?

Total absolute insanity.

People’s definition of “ better than “ said superstar player is often warped by their own infatuation with him.

We used up all our big wads of high end cash allowance for Shiel.

I wouldn’t be happy rolling the dice again.

Develop our own existing young mids and get some tall forwards and a decent god damn ruckman.

And no to Jenkins. A waste of time.

We have a decent ruckman

Which tall forwards do you propose? There is simply none

Do you propose we miss out on a mid to late first or 2 seconds and top 6 pick for a mid first if we hold Joe for 12 months?

Cutlers always seemed like a pretty decent user of the football to me?
I know DE stats are rubbish, but they do seem to back this up.

He is a very good user, down side for him is he’s built like a brick shithouse but doesn’t really have a contested game.

We have a decent ruckman

Do you propose we miss out on a mid to late first or 2 seconds and top 6 pick for a mid first if we hold Joe for 12 months?

Really? We do? And who is this wonderful decent ruckman you speak of?

Imaginary ones don’t count either. Just sayin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? We do? And who is this wonderful decent ruckman you speak of?

Imaginary ones don’t count either. Just sayin.

Bellchambers is a decent ruckman.

Richmond won with Soldo and an underdone Nank FFS

Eagles won with Vardy and Lycett

Bulldogs with Tom Boyd

I agree we need backup because I'm not confident in Z.Clarke but there really isn't anything worthwhile going for that's available. IMO Mason Cox was the best ruck attainable on the market

And your realistic Key Fwd options?

Bellchambers is a decent ruckman.

Richmond won with Soldo and an underdone Nank FFS

Eagles won with Vardy and Lycett

Bulldogs with Tom Boyd

I agree we need backup because I'm not confident in Z.Clarke but there really isn't anything worthwhile going for that's available. IMO Mason Cox was the best ruck attainable on the market

And your realistic Key Fwd options?

TBC does nothing but take the tap and then proceed to wander around in slow motion watching the game.

Richmond won two flags without a decent ruck because they have a brigade of tough infantry foot soldiers who will bust their gut all day long with relentless controlled aggression and have a solid back 6 who work as a unit and Dusty and an A grade competitive tall forward in JR and then Lynch this year and a team structure and system that is followed to the letter by everyone on the field ....ffs.

We have none of the above that even remotely compares.

Cox is a spud by the way.

Wake up to reality son.

We have a decent ruckman

If Joe goes I think we’d almost prefer 2020 picks.

As you say we are not replacing him this period at all. There’s nobody available.

Next year might be different and draft picks will be good trade ammo.

Even if he goes next year, we’ll get the compo picks.

The only thing we’ll get with picks this year is draftees. That’s fine, but they’re not replacing Daniher.

I’d prefer 5 & next year’s first to 5 & 9.

Sydney looking to split either pick

I wouldn’t want them to split 5, but splitting opens up a bit of a can of worms.

Given I’m on record as saying he’s worth more than 5+9 then if they split it and it ends up being 5 and 16 or something like that they’d have to add something very significant. I’m talking 2020 first rounder significant. We’d have to give a little more to make it happen and the only reason I feel it’s even in play is because the Swans are going to need points next year because they have 2 academy jets.

Send 9 to Geelong for 17 and a 2020 first round selection, probably doesn’t matter if it’s theirs or WC, likely lands in the teens, later swaps to balance.

Send 5 to us, send 17 to us and send one of the Swans 2 2020 first round picks to us, if they want to bet on themselves then fine, if not just send us the Eagles/Cats pick.

We send Joe up to the Swans and we also send Sydney pick 33, which they can then auction off to anyone that wants it to garner another 2020 2nd round selection for yet more points.

Cats consolidate up the order, we receive 2 first round picks and a significant pick upgrade and the Swans get Daniher, retain a presence in the first round next year and gain significant ground to match points on 2 home grown players. Would expect that the Cats would be lured in with pick upgrades to broker and that we might get a 3rd or a future 3rd back or something like that.

Come at me

Last edited:
It's what many have thought to be the missing piece. By getting him we would be in the frame for the next 2-3 years and even beyond that

In the frame for what? We're a middling side that simply cannot play team football. How does one midfielder become a 'missing piece" when we don't play a brand of football that is even remotely sustainable to be within a chance to win a finals game let alone 'in the frame' for the next 2-3 years?

In the frame for what? We're a middling side that simply cannot play team football. How does one midfielder become a 'missing piece" when we don't play a brand of football that is even remotely sustainable to be within a chance to win a finals game let alone 'in the frame' for the next 2-3 years?

Do you not think Crouch's type of football is productive to finals football?

Obviously we need to change our style of plan but we need personnel in place to implement that around. I don't think Merrett, Heppell, Shiel stand up in 3-4 games of finals

They don't win enough 1v1 or beat their opponent enough at the top end

I've seen a fair bit of Tom Cutler here in Brissy and i like him.
Big body, excellent kick, has a dip, goes in hard, goalkicker, finds space, works his *** off
Needs to work on his goalkicking and tackling and get a bit more aggressive (can be taught)
Runs ***** hard both ways (even inside and rebound 50 numbers 3.0 - 3.2) unlike some Dons

Last edited:
If Joe goes I think we’d almost prefer 2020 picks.

As you say we are not replacing him this period at all. There’s nobody available.

Next year might be different and draft picks will be good trade ammo.

Even if he goes next year, we’ll get the compo picks.

The only thing we’ll get with picks this year is draftees. That’s fine, but they’re not replacing Daniher.

I’d prefer 5 & next year’s first to 5 & 9.

Sydney need next year's picks

We'd still have our first next year future first and 2 2nd rounders in 2020 with what I stated before is being considered

I've seen a fair bit of Tom Cutler here in Brissy and i like him.
Big body, excellent kick, has a dip, goes in hard, goalkicker, finds space, works his *** off
Needs to work on his goalkicking and tackling and get a bit more aggressive (can be taught)
Runs hard both ways (even inside and rebound 50 numbers 3.0 - 3.2)

He's a great moneyball pick. Is different to what we have and his assets could be important to us.

Fagan dislikes him and he won't be worth much not being best 22 and if he can do what he did in 2018 then it will be serious value.

We need a genuine line breaker and territory gainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back