Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your post has no relevance to my post that interstate clubs pay overs for third or fourth year interstate players to stop the go home factor.

If interstate clubs are paying 3rd and 4th year players extra to keep players from going home it's not $400k.

That's basically the going rate, give or take 10% to resign a promising first round pick regardless of who is from where.

I agree completely. I’m sure we’d be putting time into potential Daniher replacement trade targets but here’s a bloke who is probably ready to play every game in 2021 should we need it, while there’s no guarantee we’d be able to find an equivalent player to trade in.

If we were to get Bowman as a rookie as well it would really set up our spine forward of centre for a decade assuming none of them spud it up. Riccardi and Gown as KPFs, Bowman to fill the third tall role and backup ruck, and Draper taking the number one ruck spot.
That’s a lot of faith in a VFL player, rookie listed and a 60+ pick to set us up for a decade.

That’s a lot of faith in a VFL player, rookie listed and a 60+ pick to set us up for a decade.
As I said, that is assuming none of them spud it up. There is always the risk any player drafted into the club will fail to come on as hoped however they all have some nice attributes for their age and appear to offer something to work with over the next few years.

I really don’t understand the Brown hate. He was always a serviceable backup back and now had a good year as a fairly reliable lead up forward. Still sits in my 22. To me, it’s Daniher, McKernan and Brown, with Stewart having to earn his way back in.

I really don’t understand the Brown hate. He was always a serviceable backup back and now had a good year as a fairly reliable lead up forward. Still sits in my 22. To me, it’s Daniher, McKernan and Brown, with Stewart having to earn his way back in.

Daniher replaces Brown.

Daniher, McKernan, Stringer, Fantasia, Tippa and Snelling.

Daniher replaces Brown.

Daniher, McKernan, Stringer, Fantasia, Tippa and Snelling.
Snelling will hardly get a game in my opinion. With Smith back and Cutler coming to the club, spots will be tighter. Albeit different players, Zaharakis, Ridley and Gleeson will be ahead of Snelling too. I’m hoping Jok adds some bulk to play on the opposite wing to Cutler. 2020 may also be the year they unveil Mosquito.

If interstate clubs are paying 3rd and 4th year players extra to keep players from going home it's not $400k.

That's basically the going rate, give or take 10% to resign a promising first round pick regardless of who is from where.

It's not the going rate - Many of these interstate based players are still fringe players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snelling will hardly get a game in my opinion. With Smith back and Cutler coming to the club, spots will be tighter. Albeit different players, Zaharakis, Ridley and Gleeson will be ahead of Snelling too. I’m hoping Jok adds some bulk to play on the opposite wing to Cutler. 2020 may also be the year they unveil Mosquito.

I had Snelling in for extra pressure.

I forgot about Smith though. I would replace Snelling with Smith.

Why would I put Gleeson, Cutler or Jok in the forward pocket?

Are we too tall if we play Langford over Snelling? Langford's a dead eye. If we have a loaded forwardline of Daniher, Stringer and McKernan, Langford might kick some serious sausages.

I originally had Langford instead of Snelling but thought a lineup with Daniher, McKernan, Stringer and Langford would simply be too slow and would allow the ball to waltz out too often.

I forgot about Smith. he replaces Snelling

Gown is what you'd call miles away. Jok is a lot closer than that.
As a DFA, why not. Waiting for Corey Lyons to be delisted too.

Jok isn't miles away. The fact that he already played suggests he is close.

We had a shedload of players out otherwise he wouldn’t have got a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back