Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacob Townsend was delisted today. Would be a decent forward option for us.
Not AFL standard. Got lucky, played some really good football and hit the score board when they won the flag. The next 2 years he struggled to have any impact. A good state league player

Does anyone see Liam McBean as an option on the rookie list? Took out the Ken Farmer medal for most goals in the SANFL this year, playing for Glenelg who won the premiership. Has some AFL experience with Richmond and apparently has developed his game since then. Maybe a good option in lieu of Joey's fitness?

I have mentioned McBean before, to a lukewarm response. How now?
As best I recall he’s a 6’7 small forward stylistically speaking, he is a mate of Joe’s though, possible stable pony?

Surely we're done with our senior list? Cutler, Phillips and Draper will take the 3 spots made available by Myers, Bags and Houlahan. That leaves 2 picks at the draft. If Brown and/or Hartley go that would enable us 3 or 4 picks at the draft. The rookie list will have some spots available once Z Clarke and Long are delisted.

Developed in what way? I have no insight / firsthand opinion on whether he's worth picking up, but as of a few months ago, the verdict seemed to be that he still plays a lot smaller than he is. Dunno if that's what we're looking for, especially if Daniher ends up needing replacing
I don't either really, save for generic comments to the effect of things finally clicking for him and approaching his preparation much more professionally; this is why I asked how others see him. I'm definitely interested in any forward kicking lots of goals at state level.

Surely we're done with our senior list? Cutler, Phillips and Draper will take the 3 spots made available by Myers, Bags and Houlahan. That leaves 2 picks at the draft. If Brown and/or Hartley go that would enable us 3 or 4 picks at the draft. The rookie list will have some spots available once Z Clarke and Long are delisted.

Long is on the senior list.

Right, so he is. Assuming he is delisted that would give us 3 picks in the draft to use by my count. Maybe thats enough. So maybe Brown and Hartley get a 1 year deal each as depth. In any event i cant see much room for delisted players from other teams on our main list.

we can only keep one I think.

I believe we have removed three Myers, bags and Houlihan. And replaced those three with Phillips, cutler and draper (upgrade given going into fourth year)

but point stand we are not likely to take any DFAs, wed have to draft them instead, ND or Rookie

This season we had 39 senior listed and 6 rookies (2 cat B included)

Cutler and Phillips makes now 38 - Draper upgraded makes 39
Assuming Mynott and Zac Clarke go the rookie 6 will be Snelling, Jok, McQuillian (Cat B), McBride (Cat B) and 2 others
Which means Long, Hartley, Brown are gone from the senior list (the latter 2 being rookies) giving us 4 picks in the draft.

Trade 31 and 33 to the Suns for 15 and 78
Trade 61,64,65 to WCE for 46
Go to draft with 15,46,78,88

Assuming Mynott and Zac Clarke go the rookie 6 will be Snelling, Jok, McQuillian (Cat B), McBride (Cat B) and 2 others
Which means Long, Hartley, Brown are gone from the senior list (the latter 2 being rookies) giving us 4 picks in the draft.

Only one Irishman allowed on cat B list, the other will be cat A, probably mcbride would be cat B as he’s a big kid and will take a while to develop anyway.

I have my doubts about Mynott going, think he'll get another year. Also don't see why / how we take more than 3 picks to the draft, likely we try to amalgamate our picks in the 60s and slide up higher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone see Liam McBean as an option on the rookie list? Took out the Ken Farmer medal for most goals in the SANFL this year, playing for Glenelg who won the premiership. Has some AFL experience with Richmond and apparently has developed his game since then. Maybe a good option in lieu of Joey's fitness?

I have mentioned McBean before, to a lukewarm response. How now?

Great mates with Joe, may help convince him to stay.

Don't think we'd have DFA's on the radar somehow. Still need to cut 2 to make the minimum 3 draft changes. The ones I like though are Patrick Kerr, Nick Robertson and Ben Keays, although I'd really only go for Robbo

Don't think we'd have DFA's on the radar somehow. Still need to cut 2 to make the minimum 3 draft changes. The ones I like though are Patrick Kerr, Nick Robertson and Ben Keays, although I'd really only go for Robbo
Yeah, thought that might be an issue too.

Can you choose what list to offer a DFA a spot on? I somehow got the impression that Z. Clarke was on the senior list til I checked then. :/

Yeah, thought that might be an issue too.

Can you choose what list to offer a DFA a spot on? I somehow got the impression that Z. Clarke was on the senior list til I checked then. :/
Yes. You can get them under SSP, which gets them as rookies, or DFA's, which gets them as senior listed.

Patrick Kerr and Gown are much of muchness personally. Very similar players

Patrick Kerr and Gown are much of muchness personally. Very similar players
Eh, maybe, but I still think he should be on an AFL list. Has been a genuinely good VFL player for a couple of years.

Quite like the sound of Robbo. Big, tough campaigner with a good tank. We definitely have a place in our midfield for him to help protect Merrett and Shiel whilst also helping Clarke lock down on opposition mids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back