Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite like the sound of Robbo. Big, tough campaigner with a good tank. We definitely have a place in our midfield for him to help protect Merrett and Shiel whilst also helping Clarke lock down on opposition mids.
Yeah, I like him a lot. But I think we need to decide between him and a KPP (whether it's Hartley or Brown I don't know)

Matthew Allen's a big body inside midfielder if thats what people are after

No chance to break into the eagles lineup. A late comers from memory to AFL put up some consistent solid performances in WAFL level

Matthew Allen's a big body inside midfielder if thats what people are after

No chance to break into the eagles lineup. A late comers from memory to AFL put up some consistent solid performances in WAFL level
The fact he only averaged 20 possessions a season once in what is comfortably the highest possession state league of the "big 3" state leagues concerns me, doesn't even rank in the top 50 in average disposals in the comp and is behind players like Nick Kommer, Jackson Merrett and Travis Colyer.

Hartley over Brown? Brown’s played far more important games than Hartley.

With Joe, Smack and Stewart all injury prone we don’t have much choice.

The fact he only averaged 20 possessions a season once in what is comfortably the highest possession state league of the "big 3" state leagues concerns me, doesn't even rank in the top 50 in average disposals in the comp and is behind players like Nick Kommer, Jackson Merrett and Travis Colyer.
Was playing forward predominantly til this season, fwiw

I'm talking purely this season. I haven't seen him play, but the numbers don't stack up
Not sure Robertson 22 touches in a much poorer league stacks up anymore.

Not sure Robertson 22 touches in a much poorer league stacks up anymore.
Robertson is at least somewhat proven at AFL level however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We currently have 18 players who will be 22 or under as of round 1 next year, 12 of which have played AFL football at this point. The biggest concern with that is that only BZT, Gown, McBride and Draper are genuine KPP's, something which Riccardi and Bowman can help with.

We currently have 18 players who will be 22 or under as of round 1 next year, 12 of which have played AFL football at this point. The biggest concern with that is that only BZT, Gown, McBride and Draper are genuine KPP's, something which Riccardi and Bowman can help with.

What bothers me is the amount of guys in this age bracket who are not even close to knocking the door down to play consistent AFL football.
Mynott had a stretch last year, ditto Ridley. Apart from that (the current group) doesn't have a great deal of guys pushing for a senior birth.

edit. Draper did pre ACL

What bothers me is the amount of guys in this age bracket who are not even close to knocking the door down to play consistent AFL football.
Mynott had a stretch last year, ditto Ridley. Apart from that (the current group) doesn't have a great deal of guys pushing for a senior birth.

edit. Draper did pre ACL
Parish, Francis, Redman, Guelfi, McGrath, Begley and Clarke have all played at least a dozen AFL games. Ridley, Mynott and Draper pushed for games as you say, as has BZT. Ham showed a lot in the VFL and Snelling definitely has something about him. The biggest concern I have with this group is Kobe Mutch

Parish, Francis, Redman, Guelfi, McGrath, Begley and Clarke have all played at least a dozen AFL games. Ridley, Mynott and Draper pushed for games as you say, as has BZT. Ham showed a lot in the VFL and Snelling definitely has something about him. The biggest concern I have with this group is Kobe Mutch
ICYMI, I mentioned that barely any of that group has played consistently enough to push for senior selection.

My concern is our young midfield group. Mutch, Mynott, Clarke appeared to plateau upon returning to the VFL set up.

Yeah Mynott was a big disappointment for me, I had big expectations for him this year and he was pretty patchy.

Mutch is a serious hard luck story, suspect he plays 15+games in 2019 if he stayed fit

Yikes, couple of horrific list calls there with Jok and Mynott, we might re rookie them though
Given that they were on the rookie list already it would be a strange move.

Given that they were on the rookie list already it would be a strange move.

It’s the only way I can rationalise it. Maybe they want to see what’s out there and if they’re not keen then they at least have fall back options.

I thought Mynott did enough for another year (especially given he plays a position of need) and we’ve just scratched the surface on Jok.

I’d love to hear the rationale on both because I can’t make heads or tails of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back