Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based only on his size and position, it looks like he'd be competing with Langford, Laverd, Begley & Townsend.
Funnily enough I was reading a few articles about him and apparently he has played a bit of backline.

Not a bad idea as the only mid sized defender depth we have (assuming Gleeson, Redman, Saad, McKenna and Guelfi are somewhere in the 22) is Ridley and McQuillan.

Cause flankers and line players (full back/fwd lines) is exactly what we’re after..

Essendon, failing to turn flankers into midfielders since 2004

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can I ask, what do you think are the chances that the person we bring into the team now - as a SSP in mid December after the free agency, National Draft, Rookie draft period has been finished for the best part of a month - is going to meaningfully affect the quality or functioning of our midfield for 2019.

A hyper athletic utility, who has shown great work ethic and resilience to get to where he is from where he started, is exactly the sort of prospect we should target with a SSP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a list spot open due to Johnson

Its weird how there are actual real advantages to taking a bloke that you know won't play next year. Securing access to Johnson for future years plus getting to try someone else out for a year.

With the creation of the mid season draft as well I think clubs are going to really start to like having a list spot open for flexibility plus to be able to take advantage of guys that simply grow throughout the year in the state leagues.

Its weird how there are actual real advantages to taking a bloke that you know won't play next year. Securing access to Johnson for future years plus getting to try someone else out for a year.

With the creation of the mid season draft as well I think clubs are going to really start to like having a list spot open for flexibility plus to be able to take advantage of guys that simply grow throughout the year in the state leagues.
The price of Daniher just keeps going up and up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back