Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Adelaide pair of Cam Ellis Yolmen and Hugh Greenwood are both intriguing if we are looking for big bodies who can win contested footy and clearances. If Fantasia wants to go home a trade for both would be an excellent return.

You could of said this about Mitch Robinson's first few years at Carlton, now he is one of the first players picked when Brisbane does the team for each weekend.

And this would be 'confirmation bias'. People only remember the ones that work. There is a reason he is viewed as a risk.

Cam Ellis Yolmen gets more disposals, contetested possessions and clearances and lays as many tackles as SPP. He is an unrestricted free agent as well so costs nothing at the trade table. SPP probably costs a 2nd. Salary wise i believe CEY would be a lot cheaper too.

1000% - Give me CEY over SPP any day.

Mitch Hibberd? I didn't realise he was still on a list, people suggesting him should be ashamed.

You could of said this about Mitch Robinson's first few years at Carlton, now he is one of the first players picked when Brisbane does the team for each weekend.
That's one good example, but you only need to look at the other side of the coin to see how it could go wrong where we end up with a Fevola, Cousins, Chris Yarran, Bennell or Lovett. I'm sure there are more examples which I can't think of right now.

There is good reason Port Adelaide are happy to offload a young bloke who finished 3rd in a rising star 2 years ago.

That's one good example, but you only need to look at the other side of the coin to see how it could go wrong where we end up with a Fevola, Cousins, Chris Yarran, Bennell or Lovett. I'm sure there are more examples which I can't think of right now.

There is good reason Port Adelaide are happy to offload a young bloke who finished 3rd in a rising star 2 years ago.

SPP stinks. Probably the worst kick of the football in the league. As sick as we were of Shiel's blind helicopter punts by the end of the year, SPP will be 5x worse.

If we could get Greenwood cheap, I wouldn't mind him. Still think we should be going after Constable if it's true that he wants to leave for more gametime. 31 touches, 7 clearances in his 2nd ever game. Lots to work with there.

SPP stinks. Probably the worst kick of the football in the league. As sick as we were of Shiel's blind helicopter punts by the end of the year, SPP will be 5x worse.

If we could get Greenwood cheap, I wouldn't mind him. Still think we should be going after Constable if it's true that he wants to leave for more gametime. 31 touches, 7 clearances in his 2nd ever game. Lots to work with there.
Cats would be very unlikely to trade.
that midfield isn't getting any younger and will lose Kelly this year

Am I the only one who thinks we are in much more desperate need of two way runners & players with good skills, rather than a tough inside midfielder who would be yet another one of our midfield contingent with poor foot skills? :rolleyes:
I agree
A decent ruck and we can probably play to our strengths.
More Dev Smith types where they chase and harangue opponents is what we need.

Am I the only one who thinks we are in much more desperate need of two way runners & players with good skills, rather than a tough inside midfielder who would be yet another one of our midfield contingent with poor foot skills? :rolleyes:

Yes and no.

I feel like we are asking Shiel to do too much. If someone else can dish it out to Shiel and he has more room to move, I think he will start kicking it better. I think we wanted him to be the inside beast but I really think he is better suited more on the outside as a receiver.

The two way running anyone can do if they think about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not only does he stink. He’s limited and he’s not he hasn’t shown any signs of improvement in all his time in the league. Would part with a 3rd rounder but that’s about it.

Cam Ellis Yolmen is the one that ticks just about every box that we for some reason haven’t been linked to

Hibberd? Why do we want North off cuts? He’ll never be anything other than AFL mediocre.
He was being played out of position at North, went to Willy and has since dominated as an inside mid. He'll be good at AFL level

If Daniher stays, CEY and SPP are my targets. We need at least 2 big bodied mids to release Merrett, who is our best ball user if given the space.

If Daniher goes, we have the currency to target a better inside mid. Maybe B Crouch with all the instability at Adelaide or Wines if he’s keen to return to VIC.

If Daniher stays, CEY and SPP are my targets. We need at least 2 big bodied mids to release Merrett, who is our best ball user if given the space.

If Daniher goes, we have the currency to target a better inside mid. Maybe B Crouch with all the instability at Adelaide or Wines if he’s keen to return to VIC.
Bro Daniher is gone!
Best thing we did was play him cooked and got him over 100 games. Still waiting on the Rioli' s to come through lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back