Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karl Langdon retired ages ago mate.. i know we love the peroxide but , too far

ps, hard to take anyone seriosuly with that av
My avatar is awesome.
He's the bloke who last year told us we were 100% getting Gaff then changed to Shiel. He threw a couple darts and hit with one. A couple weeks ago he said Jack Martin would be nominating us. Just a troll
Yep. I did say gaff, and yes I'll wear that. He was very close, I'll maintain that.

When is that Gaff deal happening? What happened to Jack Martin?

Go away troll

Did not realise Martin had gone anywhere yet?

I'm not here to cause a stir or piss people off,
But I do say it with a heavy heart, those two are more than likely out the door

Thanks

Overs pre-TPP increase, but if it didn't incur the increase I'd say Hurley on around $800k isn't obscene, which is around the number I've always thought it was.

If anything it's guys like Zaharakis that would be on decent coin but aren't really Top 5/10 players that are a problem for us.
Should’ve moved zaharakis on when he was out of contract 2 years ago

And next year's draft is apparently the weakest since 2011 (Kavanagh, Yeo, etc). If you have dead wood you're clearing it this year.
Good thing we're getting the firesale out of the way this year then. Get rid of Fantasia, Hurley and Daniher for 4 first round picks, get Bowman and that Riccardi guy you've been blowing a load over in the second and/or third round and that's half the rebuild done.

My avatar is awesome.

Yep. I did say gaff, and yes I'll wear that. He was very close, I'll maintain that.

Thanks

Apologies if already mentioned but where is Hurley looking to be headed?

2014 is the weakest draft in recent years. Next year actually has some really dynamic talent, this year is just a very even draft
2014 is a little underrated IMO, it's a down year between two strong years. Still has the likes of Brayshaw, De Goey, Wright, Moore, Miller, McLean, Steele, Lever, Heeney. 2011 had a good top 15 and after that really only Yeo, Hamling, Hill, Ross and that's about it.

2014 is a little underrated IMO, it's a down year between two strong years. Still has the likes of Brayshaw, De Goey, Wright, Moore, Miller, McLean, Steele, Lever, Heeney. 2011 had a good top 15 and after that really only Yeo, Hamling, Hill, Ross and that's about it.
Tom Mitchell? Neale? Sexton, witts, Mccarthy, dickson, Webster all picked late
I’m not saying the 2014 draft is all bad just other drafts either side are much stronger

It's kind of funny, all of this discussion about inside mids.

Dont get me wrong, it's a painfully clear need.

But there is virtually nothing to suggest the "brains trust" thinks it is necessary.

We're lining up round 1 2020 with the midfield that took on WCE and maybe Smith.

Get excited!
Need to trade out the Essendon mindset more than anything
conditional running
lacklustre efforts
see-sawing intensity

He has surer hands than Colyer and 8 cms taller. Would probably cost a pick in the 20s. Wouldn’t mind him tbh

He’s much better than Colyer. Would have him in their top 5-6 players this year; Fyfe, Hill, Walters, clearly ahead but around the mark of Ryan and Pearce.

Would be very happy with SPP on the cheap. Taylor Adams was a similar poor user by foot at the same point of their careers but has developed composure as he’s gotten more experience. Much like with Stringer, being patient with these guys up until 23-24 can reap big rewards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be very happy with SPP on the cheap. Taylor Adams was a similar poor user by foot at the same point of their careers but has developed composure as he’s gotten more experience. Much like with Stringer, being patient with these guys up until 23-24 can reap big rewards.

It must be on the cheap though. Can't afford to spend anything more than a second for him.

Which begs the question.. why would port take that? lol

My avatar is awesome.

Thanks

Can’t fathom why Hurley would leave? He’s got 2 years left and he’s not going to get the coin he is on now anywhere else?

Bizzare call.....

Zero interest in a deal that involves jones from Sydney. The guy is not what we need.

If we were to lose Daniher then we should be getting something that gets us a gun key fwd.

Draper/Ryder (Ryder won’t cost us much) in the ruck

Last edited:
Read a post the other day from a Port fan regarding a trade for Wines;

Fantasia, Francis and Pick 4 from Sydney for Ollie Wines

Don't think that one would be happening.

Still really would like to pursue Cutler/Smith from Brisbane as a package deal. Smith especially is a beast in the making.

Still really would like to pursue Cutler/Smith from Brisbane as a package deal. Smith especially is a beast in the making.

******* lol

Bloke as high as a kite

Need to trade out the Essendon mindset more than anything
conditional running
lacklustre efforts
see-sawing intensity

That requires leadership.

We have very, very little.

I reckon Heppell is a leader and Hooker shows a bit. That aside, we don’t have much.

Start thinking about experienced midfielders, hard bodies, preferably who’ve played in a flag, who we can get a couple of years out of.

That’s what we need as much as anything.

Thats a ******* god awful deal.
On another note, I wouldn't be trading Francis at all. Hurls/hooker aren't around forever. He's our next 10 years.

Thats a ******* god awful deal.
On another note, I wouldn't be trading Francis at all. Hurls/hooker aren't around forever. He's our next 10 years.
Yep. I've said on many occasions that I'd be happy to part with Fantasia, but absolutely keeping Francis. He's such a great player and his upside his huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back