Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes let’s trade Heppell .... dear god haha
If we lost Daniher I would trade pick 5 and a 2nd round for Tex walker and bring in josh Jenkins. There is no way they can’t get back to their 2017 form and already have synergy between them. Texs leadership would be handy too

Yes let’s trade Heppell .... dear god haha
If we lost Daniher I would trade pick 5 and a 2nd round for Tex walker and bring in josh Jenkins. There is no way they can’t get back to their 2017 form and already have synergy between them. Texs leadership would be handy too

I don't want any of Adelaide's bad juju in our club.

How about 3 way trade
Swans give up pick 5 and mills get Daniher
Dees give up Oliver but get their man they bid on in Mills
Essendon gets Oliver and pick 5?

Oh the dreams....

The swans would realise the only chance they have of getting daniher is two picks in the top 10, they are waiting on 9 for papely and it gives them more cap space to put joe on a buddy style deal.

Pick 5 and 9 anyone would be happy with, especially when joe hasnt been on the park for 2 years hardly.

As i stated heppell is not in your best mids, and he is behind, redman, saad, mckenna and gleeson as running backs. The hawks gave up hodge, mitchell and lewis and thats working out ok.

The suns would love heppells leadership and they would still get two top 10 picks.

I reckon jenkins output would be the equal to daniher and he can ruck.

Bonar is cherry ripe for pick 30 and adds a bit of grunt to the run and carry that makes essendon when on song as a neutral supporter the best team to watch, with mckenna, saad, shiel, mcgrath, parish, tippa and orazio so different too everyone else
Perfect, you just get over to the swans, suns and crows boards and make it happen. I'll time you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting article. Talk to insiders on the world of trading. Interesting comments by a CEO...

“The buyer has to blink,” he said. “If you are selling you should never blink.”

"Meanwhile, Daniher wants to go to Sydney and I’m watching on going ‘bloody hell, good luck with that!’ It’s just going to be difficult.”

Interesting article. Talk to insiders on the world of trading. Interesting comments by a CEO...

“The buyer has to blink,” he said. “If you are selling you should never blink.”

"Meanwhile, Daniher wants to go to Sydney and I’m watching on going ‘bloody hell, good luck with that!’ It’s just going to be difficult.”

Bolded bit interests me. We did exactly that to get Shiel last year. GWS didn't blink. We did. St Kilda and West Coast both blinked for Hill and Kelly respectively.

Sydney will have to blink to get Daniher.

I'm guessing outside Essendon, the other difficult clubs are Carlton, Fremantle, Gold Coast and Adelaide.

So a little birdy told me that you’ve offered our key forward 1.2m a year over five... I’m kinda interested to hear your thoughts about how it could get done?

Of all people to fall for the deliberate and contrived trolling of trade radio, it had to be a roos fan. Trust.

If we lost Joe. Aswell as picking up Jenkins for scraps what would people think of picking up Mason Wood aswell.

I know he plays for the hated North Melbourne and a bit of a whipping boy

Avg 1.7 goals a game in 2018. Still only 26

Wonder if he can kick 40 goals for us and get him for a pick 33?

The problem with Jenkins and Wood is neither can stand under a long ball so that'd be the reason against it as McKernan would have to play aswell

If we lost Joe. Aswell as picking up Jenkins for scraps what would people think of picking up Mason Wood aswell.

I know he plays for the hated North Melbourne and a bit of a whipping boy

Avg 1.7 goals a game in 2018. Still only 26

Wonder if he can kick 40 goals for us and get him for a pick 33?

The problem with Jenkins and Wood is neither can stand under a long ball so that'd be the reason against it as McKernan would have to play aswell
No way you'd waste pick 33 on Wood. We already have a very similiar player in Laverde. Should still be some decent prospects in the draft at 33 as well.

GWS swap pick 12 and 18 with StKilda for pick 6 - As i pointed out last week the draft points index is only a guide and the common good is often greater as evidenced by the GWS trade.

5 & 25 is well under. And I believe EFC have flat out refused that.

A player will need to be involved to get the trade done for sure.

Go through the history of trading and not many get better than 5 and 25 - Treloar is the exception and Collingwood over-paid big time - I wouldn't complain about 5 and 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back