Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade period is just about over with still some dominos to fall. But I really want to know one thing;

Understandably we've spent a lot of time dealing with Joe/Sydney - but we are really going to go into another season without trading for a big-bodied midfielder?

No Brodie. No Wines. No Sier. No Greenwood.

What the fu** are we doing to address perhaps our most pressing need?

Have you forgotten there is a draft where you can select talented 18 and 19 year olds - Some seem to have no interest in young talent.

Go through the history of trading and not many get better than 5 and 25 - Treloar is the exception and Collingwood over-paid big time - I wouldn't complain about 5 and 25.

Except this year Kelly and Hill are fetching far more

To be honest if I was Sydney I wouldn't be paying what Essendon are after

Except this year Kelly and Hill are fetching far more

To be honest if I was Sydney I wouldn't be paying what Essendon are after

Hogan who is not quite as good as JD but with similar injury concerns got 6 and 23, while Kelly's trade to WC involved no top ten selections.

Have you forgotten there is a draft where you can select talented 18 and 19 year olds - Some seem to have no interest in young talent.

I have great interest in developing young talent, however, out of the top 10 players in the comp, none of them were picked inside the top 10.
You can’t just sell your best players for potential.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Trade period is just about over with still some dominos to fall. But I really want to know one thing;

Understandably we've spent a lot of time dealing with Joe/Sydney - but we are really going to go into another season without trading for a big-bodied midfielder?

No Brodie. No Wines. No Sier. No Greenwood.

What the fu** are we doing to address perhaps our most pressing need?

Rhetorical, ey?

Yes and Nothing.

I wonder what the go with Jenkins actually is? A team like Collingwood or Geelong who are both in their window who could both use a tall target. No one seems to be linked to him though.

Watch the AFL manufacture a fairy tail finish for Eddie Betts. Last round against GCS at the MCG, watch him kick 8, all from the boundary.

I wonder what the go with Jenkins actually is? A team like Collingwood or Geelong who are both in their window who could both use a tall target. No one seems to be linked to him though.

Watch the AFL manufacture a fairy tail finish for Eddie Betts. Last round against GCS at the MCG, watch him kick 8, all from the boundary.

I think he is a last deal done type.
Teams would be mad to say no to his type when he will cost nothing and offer big security.

Cats have J Steven to deal with and other deals and pies have their cap issues. Probably just not a high priority

I have great interest in developing young talent, however, out of the top 10 players in the comp, none of them were picked inside the top 10.
You can’t just sell your best players for potential.

Dangerfield? Dustin Martin? Bontempelli? Peak-Lance Franklin?

Try again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dangerfield? Dustin Martin? Bontempelli? Peak-Lance Franklin?

Try again

Yeah you’ve got me on Dusty!
But Grundy, Gawn, Cripps, danger was 11 wasn’t he? Fyfe, Rance, Neale, T.kelly.

All outside.
I think it’s a fair point.

2 second rounders, a third and 4 fourth rounders for Ben Brown

Too much.
Guy hasn't even made the AA team so it's not like he is some great talent.
North over value their players so they would be demanding the world when he simply isn't worth it.

Love Wines as a player and would be an excellent fit for the club, BUT he's not worth two first rounders - He's worth a pick between 6 to 10.

You've got to consider that trade in the context of who we would select with those two first rounders.

Is a Wines trade for two flankers with a small chance of becoming midfielders a fair trade? ;)

I dunno. Reckon Betts has done enough in his career to demonstrate that he could do that all by himself.

You've got to consider that trade in the context of who we would select with those two first rounders.

Is a Wines trade for two flankers with a small chance of becoming midfielders a fair trade? ;)

I've seen enough war docos to realise flanking is the only way to win any battle

I think dodo is onto sonething

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back