Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What’s this Wines story going around?

I think Tim's been hinting about it a bit this morning.
Had a listen to some of the interviews and the story has been carlton but unprompted a lot of Essendon talk and fantasias name was dropped by the a manager they had on.

Nothing to it but I'd say Ollie is going to be a target for a few clubs in the next 18 months.

The other thing with Jack Martin, he would have to nominate for the National Draft first. If he doesnt then he goes straight into the Pre Season Draft. So unless he gets guarantees from a few clubs, i highly doubt he will nominate for the Draft just because the unknown...

If our window to win finals is now, I am disappointed we didn’t get an extra forward and a big bodied, aggressive mid fielder. Jenkins and Bonar were there for the taking.

Can’t rely on Browns soundness, McKernan’s inconsistency and Joe who doesn’t want to be there. And we don’t appear to have any young KPFs coming through the VFL.

Merrett and Shiel are genuine class but have no protection in the midfield.
Reckon Brown is more consistent contributor than people give him credit for. Bloke hurt his wrist and list a bit of form after but otherwise was very good link up and set shot. Smack getting better by the year too. Fix the ball movement (Caracella) and they both could be very serviceable.

Bonars useless. Glad we passed. Flogs on trade radio were saying pick 25. Christ no.

Bennell I would look at if cheap.

Wines next year should be priority. Our midfield with Draper ruck would be choice.

I couldn't give a s**t if we win a final next year. Coaching is transitioning. Get games into Clark, Francis, Mcgrath, the Irish boys. Find a long term seat in the top four from 2021 onwards.

What horrendous message? That if you don't work with us to get a return on the investment we made on you than we wont fold?

Sounds like a good message to send to me.

If you can't see that forcing someone, without a contract, to work for you against their will is problematic then there is nothing I can do to help you.

If you can't see that forcing someone, without a contract, to work for you against their will is problematic then there is nothing I can do to help you.
Uh. If they take him in the draft he'll have a contract.

Is he currently out of contract?

If Gold Coast signs him will he be forced to work for them against his will?
Do I need to explain to you how the draft system works?

Are you suggesting every player out of contract should just be allowed to move?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do I need to explain to you how the draft system works?

Are you suggesting every player out of contract should just be allowed to move?
Do you have 1 historical example of a player not re-signing with a club, then that same club re-drafting that same player?

Do you have 1 historical example of a player not re-signing with a club, then that same club re-drafting that same player?
Why would I need to?

Last edited:
You say that like Boyd wasn't put on a million a year by the Dogs or that the same wouldn't happen to Ben King if he had returned to Victoria instead of resigning.

Your post has no relevance to my post that interstate clubs pay overs for third or fourth year interstate players to stop the go home factor.

Why would I need to?
This strategy has never happened, nor will it ever because it is batshit crazy. Yet you are stating this strategy would send a good message. Just thought you might have some sort of evidence to support your ridiculous notion.

On the 2/10 David King encouraged Essendon to “cut the cord” with Daniher and Fantasia for basically anything offered and here I am this morning reading an article where he’s applauding Essendon standing firm.

Now I’m not sure if he has much credibility around these traps but surely someone in the media is going to pull him up on it? Next minute, high 5s and bum slaps.

On the 2/10 David King encouraged Essendon to “cut the cord” with Daniher and Fantasia for basically anything offered and here I am this morning reading an article where he’s applauding Essendon standing firm.

Now I’m not sure if he has much credibility around these traps but surely someone in the media is going to pull him up on it? Next minute, high 5s and bum slaps.
He has no credibility and the media have no accountability, that should help you understand what will happen

This strategy has never happened, nor will it ever because it is batshit crazy. Yet you are stating this strategy would send a good message. Just thought you might have some sort of evidence to support your ridiculous notion.
Uh.

The likelihood of it happening and whether it would send a good message aren't intricately linked.

Of course it won't happen. No one said it would.

Calyam and I know this, we're debating what it means if it did happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back