Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you didn't. You said 1 + 2 would be Daniher and McKernan. You said "#3 - if the #1 or #2 is injured (James Stewart)"
You also said "Ideally Stewart gets fit."
I'm actually not sure exactly what you want.

Having a nice Sunday?

No you didn't. You said 1 + 2 would be Daniher and McKernan. You said "#3 - if the #1 or #2 is injured (James Stewart)"
You also said "Ideally Stewart gets fit."
I'm actually not sure exactly what you want.

If that makes you feel better.!

I said ideally I would cut Stewart as Brown is a much more consistent player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally hate the unwritten delist and Intend to re rookie rule

Stuff them, it's fair game

It's depends. I'm okay with it was long as there is some sort of formal commitment by the club to re-draft.

It's arguable that the only reason it is even being done is because the clubs are forced to take picks in the draft.

Hmm. I'm just unsure what he adds to our AFL list. VFL spot, absolutely. Medium defender, can take talls if we're desperate, decent skills, average pace, average intercept marker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The closest thing we have to a small defender that won’t be playing regular senior footy next year is McQuillan.

100% a need and from what I’ve seen of him White has a genuine two way game.

Far from the worst idea

The closest thing we have to a small defender that won’t be playing regular senior footy next year is McQuillan.

100% a need and from what I’ve seen of him White has a genuine two way game.

Far from the worst idea

Half back flanker is quite literally the easiest position to fill via drafting.
Add to the fact that he was delisted from a crap side and it makes you wonder why was he?
It’s a hard no from me when we have guys on our list who should be pushing for that mid/small defender role at VFL level.

Gives you an idea how much kids are being paid.

Was being discussed a lot during trade period.

They are over paid to tie them down to longer deals.. make the initial drafting contract three years and you all of a sudden have a very different landscape imho

Already been mentioned but there is a clear need for this type of player.
Im not as certain as you on this. What is stopping Ridley from playing this role in the seniors? Nothing as far as I can tell. Why double down on a player inferior to what we have on our list already. Sure, happy to take a punt on a kid who could develop into something, but why pay a list clogger more than a draftee just to play in the reserves?

That would be terrible no matter what they called it. The difference between those blokes and brown is the amount of goals they kick, contested marking and the fact that they play key forward. Mitch was a goal a game flanker. I feel like Langford can play his role as effectively quite easily.
As well as 3 times the pay packet of Brown.

Im not as certain as you on this. What is stopping Ridley from playing this role in the seniors? Nothing as far as I can tell. Why double down on a player inferior to what we have on our list already. Sure, happy to take a punt on a kid who could develop into something, but why pay a list clogger more than a draftee just to play in the reserves?

I guess I'm still scarred by the last 3 years and utter failure to develop the list in a way that makes sense.

Last edited:
Already been mentioned but there is a clear need for this type of player.
There is absolutely no need for him on the AFL list. You weren't happy to keep Matt Dea last season, why do we need an inferior version of him?

Read the post.

I'll leave it to you to comment on players neither of us have watched.
Brandon White? 50-odd games in the VFL? Played about 10 games of AFL? I've seen him plenty of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back