Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not a massive fan, and I’m not sure how he’ll go with the structure and role in our defence. But, with Hartley going we need another key defender for cover - Lachie Henderson for a season wouldn’t be the worse option.

I’m not a massive fan, and I’m not sure how he’ll go with the structure and role in our defence. But, with Hartley going we need another key defender for cover - Lachie Henderson for a season wouldn’t be the worse option.

Why? Brandon Zerk - Thatcher showed that he can compete at the level in his debut game this year. With another pre season under his belt, we'd be highlighting him as one to get games into.

It's a hard no for a KPD from me.

Forces us into taking a key defender for me. Whist BZT is impressive we need someone to play the back up monster role. Jake Stein played the prelim for GWS, could be an okay option as a DFA.

Forces us into taking a key defender for me. Whist BZT is impressive we need someone to play the back up monster role. Jake Stein played the prelim for GWS, could be an okay option as a DFA.
To be fair, we have three guys in the senior side who are capable to fill that role of 2 players. Im not as convinced we need one as many others seem to think. Understand why, but the game is shifting away from 1:1 defence and more about team defence. A guy like BZT should thrive in a good system

To be fair, we have three guys in the senior side who are capable to fill that role of 2 players. Im not as convinced we need one as many others seem to think. Understand why, but the game is shifting away from 1:1 defence and more about team defence. A guy like BZT should thrive in a good system
Monsters have kicked goals against us when Hooker missed. We don't have the players to cover it.

Not surprised at all, Hartley is AFL quality.

Probably means we have to draft 2 or even 3 defenders given the only 4 we have on the list that won’t be playing regular senior footy next year are Ridley, Zerk and 2 Irish blokes that haven’t played a game yet.

Given Mitch Brown and Hartley have both gone I think a move for someone like Josh Walker that can play both ends is a good idea.

Not surprised at all, Hartley is AFL quality.

Probably means we have to draft 2 or even 3 defenders given the only 4 we have on the list that won’t be playing regular senior footy next year are Ridley, Zerk and 2 Irish blokes that haven’t played a game yet.

Given Mitch Brown and Hartley have both gone I think a move for someone like Josh Walker that can play both ends is a good idea.
Is worth noting we have Cody Brand as a worthwhile KPD available next year. Josh Eyre is also apart of our NGA who seems like has spent some time in defence also available next year.

Is worth noting we have Cody Brand as a worthwhile KPD available next year. Josh Eyre is also apart of our NGA who seems like has spent some time in defence also available next year.

Awesome, doesn’t change anything.

Walker is cover for both ends and has also been used as a bit of ruck fodder as well, given injuries to Daniher and Stewart and the fact that McBride is yet to play a game of footy adding some capable tall depth seems prudent, does it not?

A 1 year stop gap is a smart play. That's what we were hoping for from Hartley anyway.

Awesome, doesn’t change anything.

Walker is cover for both ends and has also been used as a bit of ruck fodder as well, given injuries to Daniher and Stewart and the fact that McBride is yet to play a game of footy adding some capable tall depth seems prudent, does it not?

Yeah, you are right. Just disappointed we're looking to add "stop gap" guys when we should have prepared our list better. Now we're in this predicament.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? Brandon Zerk - Thatcher showed that he can compete at the level in his debut game this year. With another pre season under his belt, we'd be highlighting him as one to get games into.

It's a hard no for a KPD from me.

Why? Cause we are short on key defenders, I said as a back up too (for one year). Pretty simple.

Yeah, you are right. Just disappointed we're looking to add "stop gap" guys when we should have prepared our list better. Now we're in this predicament.

There is no predicament, and it’s not an issue of preparedness given it seems like Hartley has been picked off by a club offering him more opportunity or money.

It’s only a predicament if we don’t recognise that we need to replace what we’ve lost and leave ourselves short handed.

You're all wrong. We are going to draft the best God damn midfield ever seen and they will never ever cough up posession of the ball to allow opposition to kick it to their forwards hence we don't need key position backman.

The writing is on the wall. All In all it's just a, another brick in the wall.

Go to the draft and find a tall defender - Too many want to avoid the draft at all costs.

It doesnt necessarily make sense.

McBride signed. Brand to be signed next year.

I agree with your general pro-draft sentiments but I reckon it's a bit of a waste to take another KPD.

In my view we send Stewart back, it really isnt that hard for a tall athletic guy, or take the stop gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back