Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VIII

What should we do with our first round picks?

• Take 6 & 7 to the draft

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Trade up the order so we can get Logan McDonald

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • Split 7 to get the other trades done

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • Something else...

Votes: 11 13.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATTENTION OPPOSITION POSTERS: You are on the Essendon board - not the draft board, or the main board or your club board. You are welcome to post here but you will mind your manners or you will be carded. Don't waltz in here telling the locals what's happening/not happening, what's dumb etc. By the same token sealioning will also not be tolerated so be warned. You do not have equal standing here no matter how right you think you are.

Draft Combine
Tuesday October 1 - Friday October 4

AFL Grand Final
Saturday October 24

Free Agency Window
Friday October 30 – Friday November 6

AFL Trade Period (Players and picks)
Wednesday November 4 – 7.30pm Thursday November 12

List Lodgement 1
Wednesday November 25

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Thursday November 26 - Sunday November 29

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Monday November 30

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Monday November 30 - Tuesday December 1

AFL Trade Period (Picks only)
Concludes Thursday December 3

National Draft
7pm Wednesday December 9

Preseason and Rookie Drafts
12pm Thursday December 10

Final List Lodgement
Mid-December (tbc)

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
Wednesday January 6, 2021 – will conclude prior to the start of the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season
Any issues with it post in this thread:

Draft discussion goes here: Draft Watch

Father/Son & NGA discussion goes here: James Hird Academy (Father/Son and Next Generation)

Poll results: Who should stay? | Which key forward do you want? | What would you give up to get Josh Dunkley?

Last edited:

Ol' mate Doggo here has back-peddled from insisting that Dodo wanted 2 first rounders and a player, to instead claiming that Sydney offered two first rounders. The latter is perhaps forgivable - we've all treated media speculation as gospel truth once or twice, despite there being no evidence of the underlying claim - but the former speaks to some fairly sketchy reading comprehension. Dero was kind enough to spell it out for you and everything.

This country aye. Do the schools not teach anything anymore.

I don't mind the oppo supporters provided that they can provided coherent, reasonable discussion. I can't be ****ed calling them out when they post blatant dumbarsery like that but to be fair some of our own supporters have been banging on about it too so he was actually right about that bit.

I think Collingwood want to trade into this year's top 10 because they'll have Daicos to bid on next year. Could be a top 3 bid. I'm pretty sure they'd be interested. They'll probably pay overs for it.
Pick 6 (gets them ahead of McInnes bid), the Fantasia pick (helps them with the bid) and our 2021 3rd ( helps them with daicos bid) in exchange for 14 and their 2021 1st? I think theyre still ahead on points if our finishing positions are similiar. Also we've helped them by getting ahead of a bid and also with extra points to match their bids. They've helped us with an extra future 1st so we can offer the dogs 2 x futures 1sts for Dunkley.

Pick 6 (gets them ahead of McInnes bid), the Fantasia pick (helps them with the bid) and our 2021 3rd ( helps them with daicos bid) in exchange for 14 and their 2021 1st? I think theyre still ahead on points if our finishing positions are similiar. Also we've helped them by getting ahead of a bid and also with extra points to match their bids. They've helped us with an extra future 1st so we can offer the dogs 2 x futures 1sts for Dunkley.
If Collingwood agreed to that and if we're giving away two firsts, then I'd only offer one future first (Collingwood's one) and a first this year (the one tied to Daniher).

Just on Treloar, the fact it now seems like Pies want to unload would mean his trade value has been greatly reduced as was with Stringer. Hopefully we stay away ...far too much money even if Pies contribute.

If Collingwood agreed to that and if we're giving away two firsts, then I'd only offer one future first (Collingwood's one) and a first this year (the one tied to Daniher).
Id prefer that as well but if we're going to get Dunkley its going to have to be an overs offer that they cant say no to. Could offer them 2 future 1sts and some points to help this years JUH bid and ask for pick 12 back as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? Could be a good role player and wouldn’t cost the world. Had a great 1st couple years and then had some non-football related health issues and fell down the pecking order.
It was a brain injury. I wouldn't want to be risking that.

You could say it's a - no-brainer.

Really need a new trade development. Dopamine withdrawals.

Not sure how much longer I can run on this wheel if we don't soon get linked to a new name who isn't getting enough midfiield minutes at their club.

Last edited:
Higgins I wouldn't mind. But I don't think I'd be keen on his missus around the club.
We’re taking this family thing too far. Dunkley’s brother and his dad now Higgins and his missus. What position she play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back