Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VIII

What should we do with our first round picks?

• Take 6 & 7 to the draft

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Trade up the order so we can get Logan McDonald

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • Split 7 to get the other trades done

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • Something else...

Votes: 11 13.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATTENTION OPPOSITION POSTERS: You are on the Essendon board - not the draft board, or the main board or your club board. You are welcome to post here but you will mind your manners or you will be carded. Don't waltz in here telling the locals what's happening/not happening, what's dumb etc. By the same token sealioning will also not be tolerated so be warned. You do not have equal standing here no matter how right you think you are.

Draft Combine
Tuesday October 1 - Friday October 4

AFL Grand Final
Saturday October 24

Free Agency Window
Friday October 30 – Friday November 6

AFL Trade Period (Players and picks)
Wednesday November 4 – 7.30pm Thursday November 12

List Lodgement 1
Wednesday November 25

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Thursday November 26 - Sunday November 29

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Monday November 30

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Monday November 30 - Tuesday December 1

AFL Trade Period (Picks only)
Concludes Thursday December 3

National Draft
7pm Wednesday December 9

Preseason and Rookie Drafts
12pm Thursday December 10

Final List Lodgement
Mid-December (tbc)

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
Wednesday January 6, 2021 – will conclude prior to the start of the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season
Any issues with it post in this thread:

Draft discussion goes here: Draft Watch

Father/Son & NGA discussion goes here: James Hird Academy (Father/Son and Next Generation)

Poll results: Who should stay? | Which key forward do you want? | What would you give up to get Josh Dunkley?

Last edited:
it seems pretty clear to me that most people just have no idea what Cupido was actually capable of which is why he's considered a joke.

He's considered a joke because most people are actually aware of what he was capable of *and* also are aware of how his complete lack of application wasted the talent he was blessed with.

He's considered a joke because most people are actually aware of what he was capable of *and* also are aware of how his complete lack of application wasted the talent he was blessed with.

How does that even make sense?

Why is he virtually the only player in this category? There have been plenty of talented guys who didn't have the application.

How does that even make sense?

Why is he virtually the only player in this category? There have been plenty of talented guys who didn't have the application.
I think he’s a joke because of a lot of the stuff that went down post AFL career. Also, why do you care so much?

But then... why not Yestin Eades or Kyle Reimers?

Or Shaun Edwards?

Or Shaun Edwards?
He was a good example because he came from GWS... we really coulda seen what we were getting into

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he’s a joke because of a lot of the stuff that went down post AFL career. Also, why do you care so much?

I can't say I care I've always just found it strange, the regard in which he is held.

Like I posted previously, you'd pay the peanuts required to trade him in every year until it finally works out. The same cannot be said for some grunt back pocket (which is what Hardwick was even if he was good at it) or some of the s**t truck players like Townsend and Green we've brought in but don't attract anywhere near the same scorn.

Cupido had way more talent than those 2 combined. Cupido was so athletically gifted aswell, I remember bob murphy talking about him on sen a couple of months back. Said he remembered him kicked 8 from the midfield in a tac cup and he always thought he’d be a future afl great, just didn’t have the mindset or ability to apply himself.

I can't say I care I've always just found it strange, the regard in which he is held.

Like I posted previously, you'd pay the peanuts required to trade him in every year until it finally works out. The same cannot be said for some grunt back pocket (which is what Hardwick was even if he was good at it) or some of the sh*t truck players like Townsend and Green we've brought in but don't attract anywhere near the same scorn.
Well he got a bit cartoonish because of his weight gain. Plus a few other issues with gambling, revenge pr0n threats, and just being an a-hole generally.

Cupido had way more talent than those 2 combined. Cupido was so athletically gifted aswell, I remember bob murphy talking about him on sen a couple of months back. Said he remembered him kicked 8 from the midfield in a tac cup and he always thought he’d be a future afl great, just didn’t have the mindset or ability to apply himself.
Love those big hauls from midfield - shows such dominance

Ablett Snr kicked some big bags off a wing in his earlier days

Reimers 8 in a flogging of Gold Coast doesn't quite compare, does it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back