Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VIII

What should we do with our first round picks?

• Take 6 & 7 to the draft

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Trade up the order so we can get Logan McDonald

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • Split 7 to get the other trades done

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • Something else...

Votes: 11 13.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATTENTION OPPOSITION POSTERS: You are on the Essendon board - not the draft board, or the main board or your club board. You are welcome to post here but you will mind your manners or you will be carded. Don't waltz in here telling the locals what's happening/not happening, what's dumb etc. By the same token sealioning will also not be tolerated so be warned. You do not have equal standing here no matter how right you think you are.

Draft Combine
Tuesday October 1 - Friday October 4

AFL Grand Final
Saturday October 24

Free Agency Window
Friday October 30 – Friday November 6

AFL Trade Period (Players and picks)
Wednesday November 4 – 7.30pm Thursday November 12

List Lodgement 1
Wednesday November 25

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Thursday November 26 - Sunday November 29

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Monday November 30

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Monday November 30 - Tuesday December 1

AFL Trade Period (Picks only)
Concludes Thursday December 3

National Draft
7pm Wednesday December 9

Preseason and Rookie Drafts
12pm Thursday December 10

Final List Lodgement
Mid-December (tbc)

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
Wednesday January 6, 2021 – will conclude prior to the start of the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season
Any issues with it post in this thread:

Draft discussion goes here: Draft Watch

Father/Son & NGA discussion goes here: James Hird Academy (Father/Son and Next Generation)

Poll results: Who should stay? | Which key forward do you want? | What would you give up to get Josh Dunkley?

Last edited:
They wouldn’t have enough points to get him in a bid then should it come at pick 3. They’ed need 1747 points to match that bid and they have like 600 if they trade their first rounder. Even if the bid came at pick 10-12 they would struggle.

They wouldn't need to match if they took JUH at Pick 2 straight up. I based the whole thing around the idea that I didn't know if the Bulldogs wanted anyone else in the first round apart from JUH.

Never said it would work, it was just a theory I had that I turned into a post...that I immediately deleted as soon as the Crouch not getting Adelaide Pick 2 news came in.

They wouldn't need to match if they took JUH at Pick 2 straight up. I based the whole thing around the idea that I didn't know if the Bulldogs wanted anyone else in the first round apart from JUH.

Never said it would work, it was just a theory I had that I turned into a post...that I immediately deleted as soon as the Crouch not getting Adelaide Pick 2 news came in.

They would be giving up Dunkley for nothing then, fair enough it was a failed idea. There is merit in getting them a pick before the JUH bid being of significant value. A Denver-Granger Barrass would round out their spine for ten years.

Brad Crouch not band 1. There goes the pipe dream of trading up for pick 2.
Thank god. Now we can just use the three picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any possibility Pickering is doing the lance franklin to Sydney deal all over again with Dunkley. I understand it is different and Dunkley is contracted but i wouldn’t put it past Pickers.

makes his client look like an angel if it doesn’t come off

So why the significance difference in our compo for Daniher compared to crouch?

Apparently the preexisting contact plays a part too. I would have thought Crouch would currently be on less than Danihers 850k.

Honestly if we end up with 7 and 8 and thats what it takes for the Bulldogs to give up Dunkley then I say go for it. We've traded in players which might be good players but not exactly what we have been crying out for. This time its exactly the sort of player we need and in the right age range to. Just go for it

Honestly if we end up with 7 and 8 and thats what it takes for the Bulldogs to give up Dunkley then I say go for it. We've traded in players which might be good players but not exactly what we have been crying out for. This time its exactly the sort of player we need and in the right age range to. Just go for it
We gave up less for Dylan sheil and that hasn’t been a roaring success
that is too steep

On Dunkley, I think he's worth a first and second. He can't crack the dogs starting midfield, and we shouldn't be crippling our rebuild strategy because of it. You gotta know when to fold them and walk away. The only way I see it happening is if there is a Collingwood player going to the dogs, Dunkley gets to Essendon, then you have an otherwise reduced pick value going to Collingwood (because the world knows their cap is screwed). That's a trade where everyone wins... except Collingwood.... and that's the kind of trade I can get behind!

We gave up less for Dylan sheil and that hasn’t been a roaring success
that is too steep

That's sort of my point. Shiel = a great player, but wasn't actually what we were crying out for at the time. Whereas Dunkley, I mean, he's just what we need. We haven't had that since 2015 when Jobe was last at his best.

Brad Crouch not band 1. There goes the pipe dream of trading up for pick 2.
Adelaide football club and the saints are deadset amateur hour.
once the publicity about taking on salary’s came out the afl were always likely to nix pick 2 looking back at things in hindsight. I reckon the crows will just match bid and keep him Unless the saints give up 15 which may not be enough.
I actually think pick 6,7 have a fair bit less quality now In terms of moving up in the draft.
mcdonald juh, dgb, thilthorpe Holland’s and phillips likely best 6 Campbell will likely be bid to keep swans honest
my guess is
adelaide- mcdonald
bulldogs- juh
kangaroos- hollands
sydney- dgb
sydney- Campbell
hawthorn- thilthorpe
gold coast- Phillips.
next two picks are far from montys

That's sort of my point. Shiel = a great player, but wasn't actually what we were crying out for at the time. Whereas Dunkley, I mean, he's just what we need. We haven't had that since 2015 when Jobe was last at his best.
If he was that good he would have got more time in starting bulldogs midfield
if We got a future first for saad we could offer bulldogs our Future first which is likely to be about pick 5 I reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back