Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VIII

What should we do with our first round picks?

• Take 6 & 7 to the draft

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Trade up the order so we can get Logan McDonald

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • Split 7 to get the other trades done

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • Something else...

Votes: 11 13.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ATTENTION OPPOSITION POSTERS: You are on the Essendon board - not the draft board, or the main board or your club board. You are welcome to post here but you will mind your manners or you will be carded. Don't waltz in here telling the locals what's happening/not happening, what's dumb etc. By the same token sealioning will also not be tolerated so be warned. You do not have equal standing here no matter how right you think you are.

Draft Combine
Tuesday October 1 - Friday October 4

AFL Grand Final
Saturday October 24

Free Agency Window
Friday October 30 – Friday November 6

AFL Trade Period (Players and picks)
Wednesday November 4 – 7.30pm Thursday November 12

List Lodgement 1
Wednesday November 25

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Thursday November 26 - Sunday November 29

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Monday November 30

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Monday November 30 - Tuesday December 1

AFL Trade Period (Picks only)
Concludes Thursday December 3

National Draft
7pm Wednesday December 9

Preseason and Rookie Drafts
12pm Thursday December 10

Final List Lodgement
Mid-December (tbc)

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
Wednesday January 6, 2021 – will conclude prior to the start of the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season
Any issues with it post in this thread:

Draft discussion goes here: Draft Watch

Father/Son & NGA discussion goes here: James Hird Academy (Father/Son and Next Generation)

Poll results: Who should stay? | Which key forward do you want? | What would you give up to get Josh Dunkley?

Last edited:

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
Paddy McCartin?
If we still want to work on landing Dunkley, then we'd be looking to Kyle Dunkley to demonstrate our continuing integrity, wouldn't we?

Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa
If we still want to work on landing Dunkley, then we'd be looking to Kyle Dunkley to demonstrate our continuing integrity, wouldn't we?
If that’s the only pick we use, definitely.

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Surely everyone already understands how deep and real our integrity is

Okay, let's take out the fact that we want to target Josh next year. Kyle Dunkley is a defensively oriented medium midfielder who does plenty of blocking work at a stoppage that helps clear a path for midfielders to get through. He's also got very good goal sense when resting forward. We haven't had someone like this since Heath Hocking retired and it's one of the biggest holes on our list.

The guy is a perfect example of what we need from a delisted free agent and someone we should be targeting.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
Okay, let's take out the fact that we want to target Josh next year. Kyle Dunkley is a defensively oriented medium midfielder who does plenty of blocking work at a stoppage that helps clear a path for midfielders to get through. He's also got very good goal sense when resting forward. We haven't had someone like this since Heath Hocking retired and it's one of the biggest holes on our list.

The guy is a perfect example of what we need from a delisted free agent and someone we should be targeting.
Win win then.

Tazdog

All Australian
Nov 8, 2015
Wollongong
AFL Club
Essendon

Yeah in theory but he was pretty crap at afl level. To be fair he was stuck behind clay, trac, vines and brayshaw. Still though he has the traits but I don't know if he'd actually be any use.

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah in theory but he was pretty crap at afl level. To be fair he was stuck behind clay, trac, vines and brayshaw. Still though he has the traits but I don't know if he'd actually be any use.
possible upgrade on Mitch Hibberd - or comparable. Not a waste of a list spot if we still want old Joshy.

Bulldogs85

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
NBA- Houston Rockets
God I hope this happens in next year’s trade period Ned Guy vs Dodoro

Dodoro will destroy Ned Guy at negotiating table Bulldogs, north, hawthorn have had their way with him I think is only fair that Dodoro gets his turn

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics

Dodoro will destroy Ned Guy at negotiating table Bulldogs, north, hawthorn have had their way with him I think is only fair that Dodoro gets his turn
Why wait til next year. Pick 8 into 14, 16 and F1 at the draft :D

Oct 6, 2020
Narre Warren South
AFL Club
Essendon

Collingwood don't really have anyone we'd want tbh. Most of their best players are in their late 20's and 30's, and they'd never trade some of their good kids like Josh Daicos.

Oh what a vision. Imagine the boys running out in front of a full MCG under a massive banner that says

ADEQUATE TO THE CORE
AVOID THE BOTTOM 4
Points don't matter this year
cause we owned our own career.

I'd be surprised if Ned Guy has a job by next year after the debacle this year.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Don’t also forget we brought over the menacing Damian Cupido

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never quite understood the running joke about Cupido.

He was an obscenely talented player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back