List Mgmt. Trade: Geelong receives Mitch Clark from Melbourne and sends Travis Varcoe to Collingwood

FFS, I thought we would see the back of Varcoe debates when he walked out the door.

Let's enjoy Clark and be done with Travis now, hey?

Will we ever be truely done with Trav?

Surely during at least one match this year, one of the commentators will refer to Stokes or Motlop as either Varcoe or Christensen even though they have both moved on.

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
Well for what it's worth children, he was 20th according to their effectiveness score card. I doubt he'll even get a game regularly at Collingwood when the big guns return, highly unlikely.

Have you all now become Magpie supporters because the Varcs is there! :D

Well we know you'd never be a Collingwood supporter as they have black in their jumper and we know you have a massive phobia of all things black

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Well we know you'd never be a Collingwood supporter as they have black in their jumper and we know you have a massive phobia of all things black
Bit much calling someone a racist cause they think someone can't play.
Anyway with a full pre season and no injuries who knows what Trav can do. Thought he was a little bit above par last night.

I think that's one of the key issues with Trav Vdubs and NSFB
I got the feeling he was always wary of re-injuring the shoulder , he never really tackled with ferocity and did everything to avoid bumping - not that he lacked courage - more out of self preservation.
And under advice no doubt.

FFS, I thought we would see the back of Varcoe debates when he walked out the door.

Let's enjoy Clark and be done with Travis now, hey?
Varcoe will get blamed for any Clark related anomaly too, Varc my words.

And he posted a ripping AF total of 35,....placing him 20th in the team, that's pretty good to, hey!....the 14 disposals, 12th....very high numbers for Trav!....AFL.com data sheet.
We need midfield types that win their own footy and more of it.

I'm hoping Mitch Clarke is up to that, otherwise I can see plenty of critics lining up, but then, a totally different beast (200cms) apples v oranges.
You love your anti Varcoe stats. At least it feels as if the real thing is upon us; have (slightly) missed your interactions.

Last edited:
Varcoe will get blamed for any Clark related anomaly too, Varc my words.
i-see-what-you-did-there-futurama-fry-sneaky-sneak-Hk7gda_zps290ac531.jpg

Good one Vdubs! :p

meto

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 3, 2008
south-east
AFL Club
Geelong
You love your anti Varcoe stats. At least it feels as if te rel thing is upon us; have (slightly) missed your interactions.

While you're trying to pump up his tyres...again!... even though he plays for Collywood, all I've done is present you with the facts before some of you get to carried away.

He's a prime aged experienced senior,...I think he'd need to improve on that, don't you?

meto

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 3, 2008
south-east
AFL Club
Geelong
Bit much calling someone a racist cause they think someone can't play.
Anyway with a full pre season and no injuries who knows what Trav can do. Thought he was a little bit above par last night.

He enjoys being as sick as possible, it's invaded his personality.

I think he'll need more than 14 touches with 3 or 4 frees against to go near claiming a spot in their best 22, then he needs to hold form which has always been a weakness.

Well for what it's worth children, he was 20th according to their effectiveness score card. I doubt he'll even get a game regularly at Collingwood when the big guns return, highly unlikely.

Have you all now become Magpie supporters because the Varcs is there! :D
Oh FFS Meto you troll just let it go, he's gone, it's done, get the * over it and move on for christs sake

Back