List Mgmt. Trade Hypotheticals (opposition posters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Since our list management thread is such a popular destination for trade suggestions which kind of cloud the actual intent of the thread, the aim of this thread is to keep the hypothetical trades for Cameron, Shiel, Patton, WHE, Steele, etc, etc, etc, off the thread for discussing who might be delisted or drafted.

Player contract status is available here.

Well since this has been created, I'll move this across to here:

So, apparently we're keen on Jono Patton. Would a deal like:

Patton + pick ~15 (Geelong) for pick 2/3 interest you? I'm not overly keen on going without a first round pick, but I think that trade may suit both parties.

So, apparently we're keen on Jono Patton. Would a deal like:

Patton + pick ~15 (Geelong) for pick 2/3 interest you? I'm not overly keen on going without a first round pick, but I think that trade may suit both parties.

Patton is someone who the club still really rates, has stuck through ACL and injury, was a #1 pick and a KPF... Given he's still contracted I can't see anyone offering enough to pry him out of our hands. We'd be talking pick 2/3 straight up for example.

Patton is someone who the club still really rates, has stuck through ACL and injury, was a #1 pick and a KPF... Given he's still contracted I can't see anyone offering enough to pry him out of our hands. We'd be talking pick 2/3 straight up for example.
Unfortunate. That's probably a bridge too far for us.

Probably, so you'll have to make do with the Pizza face from the House of Horrors
Heh. What would the asking price of James Stewart be out of curiosity? Early 3rd get it done?

Why dont people ever enquire about Stewart or somebody similar that would actually be attainable. Think he'd be a good fit in Essendon's fwd line too, would be pretty cheap.

Edit: beat me to it. :)

Think a few clubs should be interested, has shown ability in patches but struggles to play a good 4 qtr match. Its around the mark.

2nd-3rd rounder or player swap. Pity you just re-signed Colyer...love that guy
Colyer is a favourite. To get him you'd need to package Stewart and Patton together :p. Stewart, Daniher and McKernan in one forward line...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just wondering what you think Steele and Barrett will do? Little opportunity will make it hard to resign. What type of trades do you think theyre worth?

Just wondering what you think Steele and Barrett will do? Little opportunity will make it hard to resign. What type of trades do you think theyre worth?
I think that Barrett is a chance to move on for better opportunity. On one hand, it would be a shame for GWS to lose a young NSW player, but honestly he is down the pecking order of inside mids. With Hopper and Kennedy arriving he dropped further down; Ahern also yet to debut and likely to go past him. Strong tackling and not afraid to get on the bottom of a pack, but disposal is probably his weakness, and not fast from what I've seen. Probably this or next year's Jacob Townsend equivalent. So, possible to get for a late pick as token compensation.

Steele is harder to tell IMV. Remember that Griffen will retire in a couple of years so there's a permanent spot beckoning for someone, and usually there are injuries throughout the year in the midfield. Does he want to be a starting mid? I'm sure he does. So he might jump to a club that seems to offer him that - but there are no guarantees that going interstate for opportunity will actually pay off. Plus he's Canberran, family foundation GWS members etc etc - but that doesn't pay the bills or keep you feeling fulfilled. So, have to concede he's a possibility, but personally I hope he decides to stay and be part of the first GWS flag effort, even if he's not a guaranteed starter each week (yet). Not sure if GWS would move on someone like Toby Greene, who's been tremendous for the team in the first 4 years, to ensure Steele stays - I probably think they would if he proves by end of year that he has a higher trajectory than Toby. Would be worth a late first round pick I should think; clubs would offer second round presumably. Bargaining from there.

Tomlinson and Barrett are the two that I would want us to try to snag - what do you guys think would get them both across (assuming they're still in and out / not getting games respectively)? Our 2nd (~18-20) + ???
I like Tommo and want him to stay. I just think that LC hasn't worked out how to best use him - but difficult in a team with so many good young players. Not many chances given at the moment. In another team, he'll get an extended run, and if a coach can work out how to best use him ... he could still be an excellent player. Barrett as posted above.

I'd have to think Essendon's second round probably around the mark for Tommo in terms of value and points-equivalent. I should think GWS fans would like to see a trade in the low teens no doubt, but given he's in and out (albeit some injuries) last year and this year, probably 15-25 is fair. So, it comes down to - if Tommo wants to move on for opportunity - which club he agreed to terms with, and whether they were able/prepared to deal in that region. And given last year's trade for multiple lower picks, I'd presume that GWS would also be open to trading the same way (e.g. late 2nd round + early 3rd round) if Essendon had a few picks from trades and compensation from departing suspended players. Barrett probably doesn't add too much to the deal, as above, think Jacob Townsend deal in 2015.

Would be worth a late first round pick I should think
First rounder for Steele? Could happen but obviously will depend on how he goes this year. Looks really promising but dont think hes shown enough for a first round pick just yet. Cheers for the reply!

First rounder for Steele? Could happen but obviously will depend on how he goes this year. Looks really promising but dont think hes shown enough for a first round pick just yet. Cheers for the reply!
No doubt that trade value is arguable. I will think he's worth higher and you'll think he's worth less because of our respective seller-buyer perspectives (and hence why I included the two perspectives in my response). But you've asked about a kid who's had one year in the system, and while drafted in the early second round (via academy rules) was bid on late first round. Hasn't really dropped any value in my view. The comparison I immediately thought of was Jed Anderson. Mid/forward type role. Jed is generally well regarded, but I'd say that Jack Steele has shown more in one season that Jed did in two (similar circumstances, difficult to break into a team). Norths traded a first round pick for him, albeit with some picks coming back the other way. (If you add it all up it was, I think, worth about early third round. Reckon Jack's worth more personally.) You know you want him 'cos you think he'll be good - but you want him cheap. ;)

No doubt that trade value is arguable. I will think he's worth higher and you'll think he's worth less because of our respective seller-buyer perspectives (and hence why I included the two perspectives in my response). But you've asked about a kid who's had one year in the system, and while drafted in the early second round (via academy rules) was bid on late first round. Hasn't really dropped any value in my view. The comparison I immediately thought of was Jed Anderson. Mid/forward type role. Jed is generally well regarded, but I'd say that Jack Steele has shown more in one season that Jed did in two (similar circumstances, difficult to break into a team). Norths traded a first round pick for him, albeit with some picks coming back the other way. (If you add it all up it was, I think, worth about early third round. Reckon Jack's worth more personally.) You know you want him 'cos you think he'll be good - but you want him cheap. ;)
I reckon a straight swap for pick 82 would be fair ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back