List Mgmt. Trade Hypotheticals (opposition posters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

almost 7 months of this will be fun;):(:mad::p:eek::cry: and more will be expressed by more than a few posters

In theory you should be able to just skip this thread now. Or at least that's my hope.

just wondering what you think Steele and Barrett will do? Little opportunity will make it hard to resign. What type of trades do you think theyre worth?

First rounder for Steele? Could happen but obviously will depend on how he goes this year. Looks really promising but dont think hes shown enough for a first round pick just yet. Cheers for the reply!
Cant see the club letting steele go unless its a fab deal.

This Steele stuff is BS. Maybe some clubs want him but he played 8 games in his first year FFS. That hardly constitutes not getting an opportunity.

This Steele stuff is BS. Maybe some clubs want him but he played 8 games in his first year FFS. That hardly constitutes not getting an opportunity.
These are probably the same people (*cough Barrett *cough) who think Patton isnt getting enough games even though he has played 3 of 4.

Just as an aside. Butterscotch Schnapps rocks

Just remember ... nothing that's written here makes any difference to what really happens. So, just smile & wave, boys, smile & wave. :D
2af86a1709ea33a1b62afea4bef61236.gif

What's Finlayson's worth?
... more to GWS as a player than a trade.

Hard to gauge really. Came through the academy, so draft pick doesn't give any gauge of starting value. Recruited as a forward, IIRC, but primarily used thus far as a KPD. Perhaps like McCarthy, could be used forward if needed? Still quite raw but shows good signs. Some of the posters here have him ahead of Marchbank. I don't, but think he has good development left in him, & it's only a year since he was drafted. So, on a pure value basis (low base, moderate upside), he's probably 3rd or even 4th round, but that would be poor return for GWS. Wouldn't think any club would throw too much money at him; so hopefully he'd elect to stay with GWS.

First rounder for Steele? Could happen but obviously will depend on how he goes this year. Looks really promising but dont think hes shown enough for a first round pick just yet. Cheers for the reply!

North thought he was worth a first round pick when they bid pick 17 on him before the draft. Has only proved himself since with some outstanding play and excellent development.

... more to GWS as a player than a trade.

Hard to gauge really. Came through the academy, so draft pick doesn't give any gauge of starting value. Recruited as a forward, IIRC, but primarily used thus far as a KPD. Perhaps like McCarthy, could be used forward if needed? Still quite raw but shows good signs. Some of the posters here have him ahead of Marchbank. I don't, but think he has good development left in him, & it's only a year since he was drafted. So, on a pure value basis (low base, moderate upside), he's probably 3rd or even 4th round, but that would be poor return for GWS. Wouldn't think any club would throw too much money at him; so hopefully he'd elect to stay with GWS.
Jezza has also had his injury problems, so his development has been a little slower as a result. He could definitely develop into a quality swingman. Will be interesting to see how he does develop. I do think we'll see him get a couple games this year.

Cant see the club letting steele go unless its a fab deal.
Steele will stay for sure, Barrett though is now almost certain to go, Hopper and Kennedy pushing him back further for games, Tomlinson looks likely to go also Marchbank a realistic chance to go, but it's hard to see anyone else leaving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Barrett going to be a big loss if he does go? How's his NEAFL form?

First there was Miles
Then there was Whiley
Next came Townsend
.... Barrett?

Very good in the NEAFL, racking them up. Can't get a look in at Senior level. Hopper & Kennedy (M) going past him.

Loss? Yes
Big loss? Not so much.

First there was Miles
Then there was Whiley
Next came Townsend
.... Barrett?

Very good in the NEAFL, racking them up. Can't get a look in at Senior level. Hopper & Kennedy (M) going past him.

Loss? Yes
Big loss? Not so much.
Fair enough. Was wondering if people were rating him more because of his family's pedigree.

For every Darren Lockyer, there's his unknown brother Matt.

I was just coming on to post something similar - Freo's first rounder for McCarthy? I'll take that.
I would even give the charity cases a third rounder back in their general direction to assist them in their little rebuild.

What would it take to lure Marchbank away from a North Melbourne perspective?
(Just cut this into our trade hypothetical thread.)
We're hearing that Caleb is feeling a bit homesick, so possibly looking to go to a Melbourne club. GWS loves the kid and sees a bright future for him - obviously rate him really highly to take him as high as we did in the draft - so will be trying hard as possible to keep him. In the end the decision will come down to Caleb. Obviously, if he chooses to leave, since he's out of contract it will be the best we can get for him. We would presumably rate him a high first round pick, which NMFC won't have, but as usual (providing the rules don't change) could expect to start bargaining with a couple of later rounds and/or a future pick. The problem NMFC will have is that your picks will be late in each round. How benevolent do you feel, or are you looking for a good get at a bargain price?

(Just cut this into our trade hypothetical thread.)
We're hearing that Caleb is feeling a bit homesick, so possibly looking to go to a Melbourne club. GWS loves the kid and sees a bright future for him - obviously rate him really highly to take him as high as we did in the draft - so will be trying hard as possible to keep him. In the end the decision will come down to Caleb. Obviously, if he chooses to leave, since he's out of contract it will be the best we can get for him. We would presumably rate him a high first round pick, which NMFC won't have, but as usual (providing the rules don't change) could expect to start bargaining with a couple of later rounds and/or a future pick. The problem NMFC will have is that your picks will be late in each round. How benevolent do you feel, or are you looking for a good get at a bargain price?
Id like to see the deal done fairly and have us give GWS a juicy deal that benefits you guys. I'm just interested to hear of any players from our club (realistically) that you would want want in any trade or whether it would have to just involve picks. Marchbank barracked for North Melbourne as a kid and if he were to return to vic I'm sure we'd be a priority.

Id like to see the deal done fairly and have us give GWS a juicy deal that benefits you guys. I'm just interested to hear of any players from our club (realistically) that you would want want in any trade or whether it would have to just involve picks. Marchbank barracked for North Melbourne as a kid and if he were to return to vic I'm sure we'd be a priority.
Agree, we need to be realistic, and we've done some decent win-win deals in the past with others. Grouse Mate mentioned a trade for Robbie Tarrant on the other thread - I agree in theory that if we lose a young defender then gaining a more experienced defender makes sense (especially when Phil Davis is our only experienced older KPD and is a bit injury-prone). Not sure that the club would see it the same way though - giving away a 12-year career player for maybe 5-6 years? And with list reduction still necessary and academy kids plentiful, we seem to be headed that way, hence draft picks more important I would have said. Bit of a ticklish one to achieve common ground. In the end, if it needs to be done, it will be.

I'm not sure NMFC have anything that GWS require. Our weakest link is ready to go KPDs, as is yours. Your first round wouldn't come close given your ladder position. Maybe this year's first and next year first rounder, or a three way deal with another club that lands us a ready to go KPD e.g. Hurley.

Or we trade Marchbank and one of our first rounders for Goldy? I hear Goldy is...no can't be bothered.

I'm not sure NMFC have anything that GWS require. Our weakest link is ready to go KPDs, as is yours. Your first round wouldn't come close given your ladder position. Maybe this year's first and next year first rounder, or a three way deal with another club that lands us a ready to go KPD e.g. Hurley.

Or we trade Marchbank and one of our first rounders for Goldy? I hear Goldy is...no can't be bothered.
Goldy and Mumford that would be a combination to behold!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back