List Mgmt. Trade Hypotheticals (opposition posters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

As the Lions are in major need of key defenders, what would it take for us to recruit Mohr?
From what I've seen, he looks a very good defender and one that would complement our young defenders.

Now there's a name that doesn't often crop up in these threads. I don't want him to go (I'm sentimental about our originals) but that said, a packet of chips and the promise to treat him well.

As the Lions are in major need of key defenders, what would it take for us to recruit Mohr?
From what I've seen, he looks a very good defender and one that would complement our young defenders.

Can of coke, pack of chips and our good wishes that he stays healthy.

Boy you guys have amazing depth - only have to look at the talent in your reserve team.
I think Mohr would fit in nicely at the Lions and help develop our young defenders as well as getting more opportunities.

Good luck with the finals - hope they do well. Really enjoy the way they play their footy.
Also, I'm a big fan of Patfull and hope that he plays well.

Whats the situation with Jake Barrett? Dominant today in the NEAFL GF but no chance for a call up given our midfield. Would he be looking for another club to seek more opportunity?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we arent going to give you a game in our firsts, we should make the offer to try and find you another club where you can build your career.
This is how it is, and despite the naysayers, is how the giants will always be handicapped, there will always be elite or high quality talent leaving because we can't play them all

We let miles, Bruce, Townsend and Whiley all go to get games.

Yeah it sucks to lose the local boys but we are a top 4 team and if a player feels they should be getting game time but know they aren't better than ward, Shiel, Scully, jelly, cogs etc then I have no issues with them leaving

If we arent going to give you a game in our firsts, we should make the offer to try and find you another club where you can build your career.
Don't disagree with you I'm just saying it's a shame having to move on a player from our state, (as we have done before) especially when we are part of building thr game here. Totally understandable why he would move on given the circumstances though.

Don't disagree with you I'm just saying it's a shame having to move on a player from our state, (as we have done before) especially when we are part of building thr game here. Totally understandable why he would move on given the circumstances though.
It would be a shame, also depends if he wants to stick it out another year to break in to the team.
Most teams have about 4-6 positions that they shuffle around during the year due to injury and form but that hasn't been an issue for us for most of the year.

This is how it is, and despite the naysayers, is how the giants will always be handicapped, there will always be elite or high quality talent leaving because we can't play them all
It is not a handicap. The Giants have 7 academy players (elite or high quality talents) to squeeze in this year who are likely better than what you are losing, i.e.. Macreadie for Marchbank is probably an upgrade as he has similar potential without the injury history and go home risk factor. I expect Macreadie will play more future AFL games.
Perryman and Setterfield are improvements on Steele and Barrett, etc.
GWS list is just going to get better in future, no mater what the trade return is.

It is not a handicap. The Giants have 7 academy players (elite or high quality talents) to squeeze in this year who are likely better than what you are losing, i.e.. Macreadie for Marchbank is probably an upgrade as he has similar potential without the injury history and go home risk factor. I expect Macreadie will play more future AFL games.
Perryman and Setterfield are improvements on Steele and Barrett, etc.
GWS list is just going to get better in future, no mater what the trade return is.

Dribble dribble and more dribble.

We are not squeezing in 7 - just can't do it. Our list size is shrinking. Maybe 4. That's three going elsewhere - to other clubs. Plus Marshall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back