List Mgmt. Trade Hypotheticals (opposition posters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we have an instant replacement in Setterfield. I know he is a completely different player and probably more Josh Kennedy than Josh Kelly but boy'o'boy that was some debut.

I have rarely seen a player that looked so comfortable and ready. It's funny because I watched his tapes last year in the under 18's and wasn't wowed even though all the recruiters were gushing but after seeing the pre season games and him live on Sunday I am convinced he will be a star.

He just has so much composure and it's like time slows down when he gets the ball. He is a great height as well and play a 3rd tall role of required.

I'm not even worried if we lose a couple now, this one is the real deal we've been looking for.
I think I may have stated this before...

The club really rate Will, the person I spoke with said he is the best draft choice since Kelly.

He'd actually be good for North though as they've spent the last however many drafts recruiting hardnut after hardnut and Kelly should thrive outside of them. Kind of like how Murphy improves when Judd and Cripps gets the hard ball.

That's really true I reckon. For North he's exactly the player we need as he fills the biggest hole on our list.

And as much as it would be sad for the Giants if he left, should he join us it would be a great thing for our supporters I think. In these days where clubs are somewhat homogenous father and son players add a unique special something.

The never ending nightmare, having to make decisions in a year or two on exceptional young talent whilst cycling in new first rounders every year. You have to accept that you are going to make mistakes letting go of guys who seem average but end up being exceptional at their new club. To build a dynasty as Hawthorn and Geelong have you need to keep a nucleas of players you want to push beyond 80 and 100 games.

Other clubs have nothing GWS needs, GWS needs to keep pushing for future high draft picks by trading out players taking the chance they will end up champions elsewhere. If GWS can keep adding just the forced 3 to 4 players each year picking up a couple of first round picks each year they can build something exceptional.

The AFL has ended the gravy train by reducing their academy area and tightening their salary cap, they now need to be astute in how they manage the residue of their advantage ie being able to trade out high level picks for future draft picks. They have about a 5 year window to win premierships and become a destination club. If they are successful then like with Sydney success will breed future success.

What's the go with Hooper?

Do you reckon if Syndey offered there first rounder this year would they deal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, as GG says, I'd personally say the Sydney first round pick would likely be OK - better than what we'd get from Geelong, worse than Essendon etc - but think the biggest barrier would be Hopper's alleged interest in going to Geelong. Still, it's all rumour and I'd much prefer to hold onto him.

Geez, can you imagine a Geelong midfield consisting of Selwood, Ablett, Hopper and Dangerfield:eek::eek::eek:

I know Hopper is not there yet, and can't really be put in the same bracket as those other guys - but talk about a beast of a midfield core.

Come on guys... I've put in the hard yards! Don't go selling to the highest bidder on Hopper ;)
Have you seen my #

Remove this Banner Ad

Back