List Mgmt. Trade Hypotheticals (opposition posters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Glad the clubs have put the McCarthy ordeal behind us. Mitch Cleary saying on Trade Radio he expects the Wilson (and Matera) deals to be some of the first done on Monday; here's to hoping it's a fair deal for both clubs.

Glad the clubs have put the McCarthy ordeal behind us. Mitch Cleary saying on Trade Radio he expects the Wilson (and Matera) deals to be some of the first done on Monday; here's to hoping it's a fair deal for both clubs.

From my sit there is a HUGE difference in the two trades, one was (IMO) a gimp playing all possible cards to go home after signing a contract not to do so.
The other has bought into the club 100% from day one and has worked his arse off for himself and for the club under significantly harder circumstance, and is going home for genuine reasons.
McCarthy may have had genuine mental issues, but may not, I know what I believe only.

Wilson will be a star and we wish him every possible success, as long as that doesn't mean denying us a flag :p

sydney_gws

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
qpr
From my sit there is a HUGE difference in the two trades, one was (IMO) a gimp playing all possible cards to go home after signing a contract not to do so.
The other has bought into the club 100% from day one and has worked his arse off for himself and for the club under significantly harder circumstance, and is going home for genuine reasons.
McCarthy may have had genuine mental issues, but may not, I know what I believe only.

Wilson will be a star and we wish him every possible success, as long as that doesn't mean denying us a flag :p
For Wilson, we need to better than a future second. They got brad hill for 23, he just won their best and fairest. Clearly he was worth about pick 12-15, Wilson is similar value. I would tell Fremantle to swap 5 for 12 and 18 with brisbane, then give us either 12 or 18.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
For Wilson, we need to better than a future second. They got brad hill for 23, he just won their best and fairest. Clearly he was worth about pick 12-15, Wilson is similar value. I would tell Fremantle to swap 5 for 12 and 18 with brisbane, then give us either 12 or 18.
That might be our desire, but I don't expect it to happen. Future second is what I believe it will be - at best there might be a slight upgrade on later picks but I'm not going to hold my breath for that.

That might be our desire, but I don't expect it to happen. Future second is what I believe it will be - at best there might be a slight upgrade on later picks but I'm not going to hold my breath for that.
I would take a Freo second in next years draft over 18 in this year's draft every day of the week

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
I would take a Freo second in next years draft over 18 in this year's draft every day of the week
I still think we push for fair value, and am with sydney_gws on this. We need to deal though. I still think his low ranking at the awards reflects a tactical change and more a focus as a lock down defender this year, at least partly. It's always been part if his role though, and I hope it can be done amicably whatever we get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PREETY_FLY

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Suns
.@MatthewLloyd18 on how the Bombers get the 3 S's:
Pick 11 > Suns for Saad & pick 19.
19 > Stringer
28 > Devon Smith
#NABTradeRadio

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Any reason we're only talking to Freo for Willo. There are 2 WA teams based in Perth
I think its more of a case of he has been loyal a long time. Has been up front and honest and has a better deal with Freo.

2018 2nd rounder seems to be whats being offered up. Which is supposedly in a deep draft(arent they always?).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Craig Cameron said that Adam Tomlinson will not be traded under any circumstances as he arrived at Edihad this morning. In fact seemed very frustrated that he was even asked the question

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Can understand. Happens every ******* year some nob down south start it.

Though considering every player wants to leave our club supposedly (*******s) may be a bit early to be getting annoyed.
We have a long "week" ahead.

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Can understand. Happens every ******* year some nob down south start it.

Though considering every player wants to leave our club supposedly (*******s) may be a bit early to be getting annoyed.
We have a long "week" ahead.

I liked the one on the rumours board we would trade Dylan to the Saints this year. Maybe we should have a thread for trade nonsense so we can have a chuckle?
In fact I think I'll start one.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I liked the one on the rumours board we would trade Dylan to the Saints this year. Maybe we should have a thread for trade nonsense so we can have a chuckle?
In fact I think I'll start one.
We have, its this one.

Though to its credit we do get more reasonable trades mostly now, unlike the old days.

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
We have, its this one.

Though to its credit we do get more reasonable trades mostly now, unlike the old days.

I think it's just the silly ones dont get as far, but you're probably right. I did lose it a bit yesterday with main board nuffies who still insist all our players want to leave and we are lising 5 best 22 players this year etc.

I think people who sprout clear BS like that should have their MB privileges removed, it just gets in the way of sensible discussion.

As far as I know it's ok to discriminate against morons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back