List Mgmt. Trade Hypotheticals (opposition posters post here)

I expect we'll start asking for this years and next years firsts, if it happens, and the Bombers start with 8. How the negitiation goes then we'll see. I think it's close to fair value and if it's Shiel's wish a trade will get done.

Fascinating to see how he goes with you, Smith obviousy relished being able to play the role he preferred in the midfield rather than forward defender. Every teams midfeldd dynamic is different but I guess his role may not change that much.

I dont know enough about Hartley or how we perceive needs in depth positions to judge honestly. Personally I'd say give us 8 and K8be Mutch and get him in orange and grey, :(but I seriously doubt the club would do it because I want them to
Yeah that sounds about right. Hartley is like Hooker in a way, 199/100, can deal with gorilla's really well (has monstered the likes of Dixon, Patton and Hawkins in his time) but doesn't intercept well but has a laser 60m drop punt.

Teeso

All Australian
Jan 8, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Considering we have Green looking like an early selection next year, if we can get pick 9 from the Bombers might be worthwhile packaging our 2019 1st round pick (which would likely be after Green) to bump that pick up as well. Unlikely since noone wants to fall. At pick 9, feel like it is too low to get the elite talent but too high for the good kids. Carlton, GCS, Saints (especially after the Shiel rejection) seem almost certain to say no. Brisbane will need their pick for Neale but there is a chance with Freo if they have both pick 5+6 - though packaging Lobb + 13 is preferred for that. Dogs might be interested too but cant see any of Smith, Rankine or Rozee falling down to 7. Could pick up a King twin at 7 potentially but not sure if that is a need at the moment with Himmelberg and Cameron seemingly comfortable at the club.

The other option is to trade down from 9 for multiple picks. Perhaps with Adelaide so they can use 9 on an Adelaide boy like Hately. Maybe 9 + 2019 GWS 3rd rd pick for 16 + 21 + 2019 Adelaide 2nd rd pick.

Not sure on what happens with Setterfield. Feel like another pick this year might be too much turnover in a year and a future pick might be more beneficial.

If we can push the Lobb deal through, we could get 5/6, 16, 21, 25 + Briggs + Walker. Can grab some good but not elite players with 16, 21 and 25. Would be in the contention for kids like Duursma, Jones, Butters, Hill, Stack, Cameron, RCD, McHenry, Stocker, Clark, etc. That mid 1st round-early 2nd round area is quite even and a good place to have multiple picks this year. Something to consider I think.

Probably should hang on to him then
Would love to do so.
Sheedy asked for Bellchambers in the early years and he/Ess wasn't interested. Turns 30 next year and is constantly injured. No thanks.
Has played 39 (AFL and VFL) games over the past 2 years. Yeah he had his injury concerns previously but has been fit for pretty much the entirity of his return from the ban.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Would love to do so.

Has played 39 (AFL and VFL) games over the past 2 years. Yeah he had his injury concerns previously but has been fit for pretty much the entirity of his return from the ban.
Why are we talking about him in a Gws trade thread if he is so good you are keeping him?

It’s a waste of breath anyway- the club has said they want picks

There are 4 of them

You just got one. That’s it

No other depth players on longer term deals you want to move?

We'll obviously compensate you with draft picks but we could also absorb a contract and allow you a little more flexibility if that's something you're interested in doing

No other depth players on longer term deals you want to move?

We'll obviously compensate you with draft picks but we could also absorb a contract and allow you a little more flexibility if that's something you're interested in doing
Finlayson?

Finlayson?

I'd be into that, not sure if he would given he'd start behind a fair few.

Point still stands, the value you get out of Shiel doesn't necessarily have to be just the picks you take back

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Now that it has been finalised the players wanting out what could be some options that would work knowing that the club will try and move up as far in the draft as possible and then as well secure points for next year. Also being that the list spots is unknown this is my thinking with 8 main list spots available
Griffen Retired
Mohr Retired
Keffe Rookie/Delist
Tiziani Rookie/Delist
Shiel Trade
Lobb Trade
Setterfield Trade
TOJ Trade
D Buckley Delist
Lloyd Upgrade
Reid Upgrade

Shiel to Essendon for #9 + #33 + 2019 2nd rounder
If Essendon want something back we could add a 3rd rounder

Setterfield to Carlton for #25 + 2019 2nd rounder
If Carlton want something back we could add a 2nd/3rd rounder

With Freo only having a first and fourth round selection I think they would be interested in a 2/3 round pick somewhere although not sure what other trades they could look to make but this could work to the advantage of the Giants and depending on who they like the look of in the draft it would be a high chance of moving up to one of their first round selections depending on what happens with any Hogan deal. So I think the club will have an eye on Bailey Smith and will try and work up high enough in the draft to make that pick

So the draft for the Giants could be
#2?
Briggs
Walker
?
Lloyd
Reid
+2 Rookie Academy pick ups

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Now that it has been finalised the players wanting out what could be some options that would work knowing that the club will try and move up as far in the draft as possible and then as well secure points for next year. Also being that the list spots is unknown this is my thinking with 8 main list spots available
Griffen Retired
Mohr Retired
Keffe Rookie/Delist
Tiziani Rookie/Delist
Shiel Trade
Lobb Trade
Setterfield Trade
TOJ Trade
D Buckley Delist
Lloyd Upgrade
Reid Upgrade

Shiel to Essendon for #9 + #33 + 2019 2nd rounder
If Essendon want something back we could add a 3rd rounder

Setterfield to Carlton for #25 + 2019 2nd rounder
If Carlton want something back we could add a 2nd/3rd rounder

With Freo only having a first and fourth round selection I think they would be interested in a 2/3 round pick somewhere although not sure what other trades they could look to make but this could work to the advantage of the Giants and depending on who they like the look of in the draft it would be a high chance of moving up to one of their first round selections depending on what happens with any Hogan deal. So I think the club will have an eye on Bailey Smith and will try and work up high enough in the draft to make that pick

So the draft for the Giants could be
#2?
Briggs
Walker
?
Lloyd
Reid
+2 Rookie Academy pick ups
Wish u made the rules

Those trades scenarios and draft is sick

Back