List Mgmt. Trade Hypotheticals (opposition posters post here)

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
If the club can get another second round pick this year maybe they could try and trade the 2 with Collingwood for their pick 18, they need points for the father son Kelly and also the NGA Quaynor but I am sure a couple of other clubs could have there eyes on that pick
I think the 3 picks in the first round are important to ensure the replacements are around for the traded out players so they can play several games each and then be ready for 2020
Not sure on the priority for the trades but I think Lobb will be the next one completed hopefully on Monday and maybe
Lobb for #23 + pick swap this year or next year
or
Lobb + #14 for #11 + pick swap this year or next year

Teeso

All Australian
Jan 8, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Trade 1
Saints lose 28 + 67, get 35 + 53
Hawks lose 35 + 53, get 28 + 67

746 points from Saints vs. 755 from Hawks

Hawks can use 28 in the draft or they can use it with 15 to potentially upgrade to the pick needed for Wingard. In my scenario, saints would be losing 28 in the next trade anyway so just a means to extract an extra pick 53 for themselves to use.

Trade 2

Essendon lose: 9 + future 1st (Ess), get: Shiel + future 2nd (GWS)
GWS lose Shiel + Finlayson + future 2nd (GWS), get: 4 + 35
Saints lose 4 + 35, get 9 + Finlayson + future 1st (Ess)
*Honestly cant see Saints helping us after being snubbed by Shiel, but stranger things have happened*

The Bombers do the deal that was likely going to net them Shiel regardless. Probably would have liked to use 9+34 instead but may have to settle losing their 2019 1st. If they do rise and get a top 4 spot next year which their list looks capable of doing, would not be a major loss.

GWS lose what they expected plus Finlayson, but instead of 9, we get 4 + a 2nd round pick. Doesnt show the true value of the players lost, but the possibility of getting a top 5 pick is very enticing. Smith or Rankine would be the ones to consider at this range. We could then potentially move 25 + 35 to Collingwood for 18 if we want to squeeze in another pick in the 1st round (1278 points from GWS vs. 985 points from Collingwood - benefits Collingwood with Quaynor and Will Kelly to be picked up as academy selections). This allows us to keep whatever we get from the Lobb trade for ourselves.

Saints drop 5 spots this year, but still get the opportunity to get themselves a pick at the top, can get a good midfielder nevertheless. They also snare themselves a solid player in Finlayson and set themselves up for next year. They lost their 2019 2nd to Sydney and this mitigates that loss. Even evaluating the Bombers as premiers next year which is pushing it, the saints lose 2556 points and gain 2454 points. This estimates Finlayson to be 102 points which is about pick 64.

Last edited:

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
What a futile exersize this club is

Compromised the comp with excessive allowances

Sucked money out of the backbone of the competition
Fail and now compromise the competition again with a fire sale

Who was looking at $, doing diligence

A simple exersize done so wrong

Competition we'll it's a joke
Between north paying overs and gws charging overs
You don’t have many mates do you?

Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
brisbane lions
freo supporter
how much does gws supporters think rory lobb is worth
and also are you guys planning on picking up for fremantle ruckman zac clarke

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
freo supporter
how much does gws supporters think rory lobb is worth
and also are you guys planning on picking up for fremantle ruckman zac clarke
1. I've already posted my view on your board, so will let you get other opinions.

2. Dont know but it doesn't seem like the worst idea. We may have a gap for a year ilof so waiting for Flynn who seems to be rated long term. I dont follow the WAFL but belive he had a good year after a history of injury problems?

There's a trend if mature players coming out the WAFL good to go with an off-season and I understand he spent years in your club system anyway.

If we do re-list Mummy through the draft maybe not.

Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
brisbane lions
we have pick 24 I don't think we would trade pick 11
The board's ITK indicates that the club is looking to bring Mummy back in; no mention of Zac Clarke. Perhaps he may be a backup if the Mummy plan doesn't happen. I'd think we'd get someone if Rory goes, and Zac had a good WAFL season.
yeah cant go into a season with one ruckman whos 34 even if he is mummy
as for Clarke was second string to Sandilands and is a good ruckman as that drift forward role he struggled
but ruckman mature late
and he was let go at age 26 I think

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
we have pick 24 I don't think we would trade pick 11

yeah cant go into a season with one ruckman whos 34 even if he is mummy
as for Clarke was second string to Sandilands and is a good ruckman as that drift forward role he struggled
but ruckman mature late
and he was let go at age 26 I think
The issue was his knees IIRC, so there would need to be a medical check. We do have young Matt Flynn & Dawson Simpson, but Clarke would fit more similar in role & forward ability until Flynn's ready.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
I could see for next year Flynn and Sproule playing 10-15 games as a forward (Flynn or Tomlinson/HH rucking) and then one of Mumford/Simpson as lead ruck and depending on availability then Briggs might step in if the coaches think he is up to it (Don't think so but necessity may require it)

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Ideal situation for the club would be to end up with #9 #11 and #14 for the 3 a grade talents then match the bids for Briggs and Walker hope that Koschitzke is available with one of the 3rd round picks then Mumford and the upgrades for Lloyd and Reid and 2 academy prospects in the rookie draft
With that I can maybe see a spot for a mature DFA unless TOJ stays

Smartest Brain

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
The issue was his knees IIRC, so there would need to be a medical check. We do have young Matt Flynn & Dawson Simpson, but Clarke would fit more similar in role & forward ability until Flynn's ready.
I hope the club certainly does not get Clarke in. The team needs reliable players not more injury prone soft players like Clarke. He will pad the injury list and nothing else.

19 was fair imo, especially as a salary dump

I mean, look at Scully!

Maybe you should have come over and broken Lobb's ankle if you were that desperate for a bargain.

Until then, maybe don't be stupid and ignore the Scully trade as irrelevant to anyone not brutally injured.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Maybe you should have come over and broken Lobb's ankle if you were that desperate for a bargain.

Until then, maybe don't be stupid and ignore the Scully trade as irrelevant to anyone not brutally injured.
Noone knows how bad the Scully injury is tho

Anyway I leave, was just coming on to congratulate! wasn't looking for an argument since I'm quite happy with the overall value of Hogan and Lobb

combaning

Team Captain
Jun 25, 2009
AFL Club
GWS
Noone knows how bad the Scully injury is tho

Anyway I leave, was just coming on to congratulate! wasn't looking for an argument since I'm quite happy with the overall value of Hogan and Lobb

Don't take it personally pal. We're all feeling a bit salty about losing some of our long-term players that we probably feel like they should have a flag under their belt before leaving.

Back