Trade hypotheticals

Do people think this could work?

Pick 5, pick 23 and Greenwood >> Collingwood
Merrett and Lumumba >> Melbourne
pick 25 and pick 30 >> North
Beams >> Brisbane
With a trade like this it's a good idea to post what each club gives up, gets a bit confusing

Beams >> Brisbane
Brisbane getting reamed

Apr 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks

Beams >> Brisbane

Its not often that the team that the poster supporters loses in their trade suggestion but I feel like that is exactly what has happened here.

5, 25, and Merrett for Beams? He is a good player but that is overs for mine.

Aug 31, 2011
Bris
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Its not often that the team that the poster supporters loses in their trade suggestion but I feel like that is exactly what has happened here.

5, 25, and Merrett for Beams? He is a good player but that is overs for mine.
Yea I know, but Collingwood are being Collingwood - so I was trying to suggest something that wouldn't be a win for us lol. In all honesty though, I am really happy to end this week coming with a happy squad + Christensen and picks 5 and 25 to use in the Draft.

Christiansen really makes this trade week a win no matter if we get Beams or not.

As opposed to the wonderful stuff your club has done to its players over the last two and a half years. Jump off your alter no ones buys it
We're not deliberately sabotaging a player from moving back home to be with his father with cancer

Men of Steele

Team Captain
Dec 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
We're not deliberately sabotaging a player from moving back home to be with his father with cancer

No one is stopping him from moving back home genius, it's just not to play with Brisbane as yet, it may be hard for you to understand given the amount of bullshit your club serves up. Don't be so naive. If it were so, then the GCS would have been welcomed to the trade table at the start.

No one is stopping him from moving back home genius, it's just not to play with Brisbane as yet, it may be hard for you to understand given the amount of bullshit your club serves up. Don't be so naive. If it were so, then the GCS would have been welcomed to the trade table at the start.
That's why Gold Coast declared that they weren't interested in the deal at the start? You act all sanctimonious about it but the way Collingwood's been behaving is disgraceful and trying to deflect from that is pitiful.

Also naitanui.
Not really. But if you included Nic Nat there he'd still be 6th at worst which means it's far from laughable. Ryder probably pips them all due to averaging 1 goal/game this year with flexibility.

eaglesfan99

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
warriors
Not really. But if you included Nic Nat there he'd still be 6th at worst which means it's far from laughable. Ryder probably pips them all due to averaging 1 goal/game this year with flexibility.
But you said top 5 ruck I'd also argue thT young are dab martin is better.

I wonder what the Suns will offer up if they do get involved. Surely the Suns are Beams only other options if his reasons for moving to QLD are genuine. Can the Suns afford is contract and will they give up a like for like replacement that the Pies are after.

But you said top 5 ruck I'd also argue thT young are dab martin is better.
Because I believe he is. Young? Who the * is Young? And Martin is in no way better than Ryder.
All incorrect
Keep telling yourself that.
He must be concerned, Isn't he overseas drinking piss wih Heath Shaw. The dad must be in a bad way.
He's having a holiday. My family was on holiday during the time my grandfather had cancer. Big deal.

dosser11

Senior List
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How about instead...

Brisbane:
Get: Beams, 4th Round
Lose: Pick 5, 25, Merritt

North:
Get: Pick 5, Merritt, 30
Lose: Greenwood, Mullett, Anthony, 4th Round

Collingwood:
Get: Greenwood, Mullett, Anthony, 25
Lose: Beams, 30

Could drop the pick 30/25 upgrade...

With that, Brisbane gain beams but don't lose any future prospect players, also attain a late pick. Beams has the place he wants to go. Then will use 21 on Christensen.

North attain an extremely high pick, and a player who will help them in their weakest area. Defense. Although Merritt would last two years or thereabouts, would be worth it.

Collingwood get two ready made midfielders, one who they wanted already, the other, out of favour and sort of forgotten to the industry. Anthony, at worst, is a good depth player (probably the same with Merritt), and would no doubt be serviceable to Collingwood (especially when the injuries hit). They also attain Mullett, a very handy player who can slot in to replace Lumumba when he leaves. They then upgrade their pick 30 to 25.

Thoughts?

dosser11

Senior List
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah I was thinking that myself... but it was a pies supporter who I came up with this with...

Back