Trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's an idea: Beams for #5 and then Collingwood start giving games to Adams, Broomhead, Kennedy, Dyer, Thomas, Karnezis, Sinclair, Freeman...

The most respected doctor in the league also rightly told Ryder he had nothing to worry about regarding his son, and Paddy ignored that.

Him and Connors have basically decided that he's a port player already, he's been given a personal training program by Burgess, he's already looking at houses in adelaide and Paul 'I don't want to play it out in the media' Connors and himself are going to every media outlet that will listen with a sob story that bizarrely includes 'I'd stay if this was all finished by now'.

If he's intent on being a campaigner I hope we rain down all kinds of hellfire and brimstone on him, he well and truly deserves it. Ryder and his handlers have handled this in absolutely abhorrent fashion.

Sorry, but the players didn't know what they were taking. So does anyone if their is any side affects from the drugs were they taking.

GEELONG: In - Mitch Clark, pick 21 Out - Travis Varcoe, Allen Christensen
COLLINGWOOD: In - Levi Greenwood, Travis Varcoe, Pick 5, Out - Dayne Beams, Heritier Lumumba
NORTH MELBOURNE: In - Pick 25, Out - Levi Greenwood
MELBOURNE: In - Heritier Lumumba, Out - Mitch Clark
BRISBANE: In - Dayne Beams, Allen Christensen, Pick 37, Out - Pick 5, 21, 25, Jack Crisp
ESSENDON: In - Pick 17, Jack Crisp, Out - Paddy Ryder
PORT: In - Paddy Ryder, Out - Pick 17, Pick 37

The most respected doctor in the league also rightly told Ryder he had nothing to worry about regarding his son, and Paddy ignored that.

Him and Connors have basically decided that he's a port player already, he's been given a personal training program by Burgess, he's already looking at houses in adelaide and Paul 'I don't want to play it out in the media' Connors and himself are going to every media outlet that will listen with a sob story that bizarrely includes 'I'd stay if this was all finished by now'.

If he's intent on being a campaigner I hope we rain down all kinds of hellfire and brimstone on him, he well and truly deserves it. Ryder and his handlers have handled this in absolutely abhorrent fashion.
Anyone would think Ryder was the one in the wrong for this whole escapade

Pies Carlton and Essendon...throw a blanket over the lot of them, putrid to deal with.
Try negotiating with Freo for Mitch Clark, Adelaide for Sam Jacobs and Port for Ben Jacobs. We didn't force Jacobs, Grigg, Collins and Russell to wait until the draft or PSD to get their club. Freo even forced us into mediation for Warnock. :drunk:

At least the Crows lost Tippett and kept McKernan instead of sending him to Carlton for Jacobs.
Sam Docherty...
Just wanted to go home like Beams...

You'd want more than picks 5 and 25 if it was Rockliff heading to a club who had already used their first pick on Darcy Moore.

How about instead...

Brisbane:
Get: Beams, 4th Round
Lose: Pick 5, 25, Merritt

North:
Get: Pick 5, Merritt, 30
Lose: Greenwood, Mullett, Anthony, 4th Round

Collingwood:
Get: Greenwood, Mullett, Anthony, 25
Lose: Beams, 30

Could drop the pick 30/25 upgrade...

With that, Brisbane gain beams but don't lose any future prospect players, also attain a late pick. Beams has the place he wants to go. Then will use 21 on Christensen.

North attain an extremely high pick, and a player who will help them in their weakest area. Defense. Although Merritt would last two years or thereabouts, would be worth it.

Collingwood get two ready made midfielders, one who they wanted already, the other, out of favour and sort of forgotten to the industry. Anthony, at worst, is a good depth player (probably the same with Merritt), and would no doubt be serviceable to Collingwood (especially when the injuries hit). They also attain Mullett, a very handy player who can slot in to replace Lumumba when he leaves. They then upgrade their pick 30 to 25.

Thoughts?
are you serious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has been taking some substances that may be against ASADA code in which individuals are responsible for what they take, and for which he looks like he will cop a SC notice.

One would think Paddys concern is much more focused around his child rather than bits of paper.

How could the once respected doctor in question be in any position to provide that assurance when to the best of my knowledge the club has no detailed records of the supplements purchased?

Interesting to see if Essendon force it the grievance tribunal.

If the Pies get pick 5 in the Beams trade to people think Lumamba + Pick 5 would get the Pies pick 2/3 from the Demons?
If not would the Pies have to throw in another pick to make that trade work?

If the Pies get pick 5 in the Beams trade to people think Lumamba + Pick 5 would get the Pies pick 2/3 from the Demons?
If not would the Pies have to throw in another pick to make that trade work?

If you had pick 2, would you trade it away pick 5 + pick 33? Because that seemed to be what Lumumba might have been fetching on his own if he's not traded for Clark/Varcoe. Seems unlikely.

If you had pick 2, would you trade it away pick 5 + pick 33? Because that seemed to be what Lumumba might have been fetching on his own if he's not traded for Clark/Varcoe. Seems unlikely.

Yes very true, I think if the Pies were to acquire pick 5 they would be looking to trade it off as most of the top end talent of the draft are KKP's
something the Pies probably wouldn't be interested in.

Yes very true, I think if the Pies were to acquire pick 5 they would be looking to trade it off as most of the top end talent of the draft are KKP's

McCartin or Wright would help replace Cloke long-term

Trading up to pick 3 would be unlikely to land you one of the best mids with Petracca likely to go #1 and Roos apparently having a major thing for Brayshaw. From what I've read on here Laverde would likely be in the next band of mids after those two and you'd likely be able to get him with pick 5, so it seems like a bit of a nothing trade for Collingwood if they are targetting mids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back