Toast Trade Masters

Remove this Banner Ad

Once there was a Chinese farmer who worked his poor farm together with his son and their horse. When the horse ran off one day, neighbors came to say, “How unfortunate for you!” The farmer replied, “Maybe yes, maybe no.”

When the horse returned, followed by a herd of wild horses, the neighbors gathered around and exclaimed, “What good luck for you!” The farmer stayed calm and replied, “Maybe yes, maybe no.”
While trying to tame one of wild horses, the farmer’s son fell, and broke his leg. He had to rest up and couldn’t help with the farm chores. “How sad for you,” the neighbors cried. “Maybe yes, maybe no,” said the farmer.
Shortly thereafter, a neighboring army threatened the farmer’s village. All the young men in the village were drafted to fight the invaders. Many died. But the farmer’s son had been left out of the fighting because of his broken leg. People said to the farmer, “What a good thing your son couldn’t fight!” “Maybe yes, maybe no,” was all the farmer said.

TL;DR: thankyou gubby.....I think

Did a great job getting a bunch of young players who were really keen to come home. Its going to be exciting watching these guys who all seem so hungry to get out there and play some good footy.

Brad wanted to be on the same team as his brother so you know he's going to give it his all.

Cameron loves Freo and has never stopped following t the Dockers. You know he is so excited and raring to go.

Shane and Joel are best mates and while both had their reasons for wanting to play for Freo a massive factor was to be on the same team.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm left wondering if the club has changed its strategy (ie chasing ex-local boys, rather than non-WA 'stars') or this year presented us gettable opportunities?
Academic in the end, I suppose, as we have 4 great new players. It will be interesting to see what the Lloyd/Bond team do next year.

So, in this trade period we have:

Moved 3 down to 7
Lost Chris Mayne
Lost pick 35
Lost pick 63.
Retained pick 7 and an early third

Gained Hill, Kersten, Hamling and McCarthy.

Smashed that s**t out of the park
Pick 40 is end of 2nd round, not 3rd round.

I'm left wondering if the club has changed its strategy (ie chasing ex-local boys, rather than non-WA 'stars') or this year presented us gettable opportunities?
Academic in the end, I suppose, as we have 4 great new players. It will be interesting to see what the Lloyd/Bond team do next year.
Lloyd confirmed this was our strategy 6 - 12 months ago, started getting into the ears of our new players during the season, knew exactly how our trades would fall and now it's time to hit the bar for a well earned frothy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Pick 7, pick 40, pick 73, B.Hill, McCarthy, Hamling, Kersten
Out: pick 3, pick 43, pick 61, Mayne

I think that's it, without including the bullshit in and out of 63, and also 23. Oh and 35.

The difference between 40&43 and 61&73 is negligible so it's practically

Out: 3 and Mayne
In: 7, McCarthy, Hill, Hamling and Kersten

2017 - debuts for freo -

Bennell
Balic
Pick 7
Hamling
Hill
Kersten
Cam

If Sandi manages not to lose his ribs and lungs again and fyfe comes back strong then its only a matter of how much we improve and not 'if' we improve.

Also looking forward to more uninterrupted chains of possession from D50 to shots on goal! Pearce to Weller to Hill (either is fine) to Bennell to Cam......... :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Stoked.

Building an exciting attacking team with our trades.

Hill, McCarthy, Hamling, Kersten, Bennell are new recruits. Add in pick 7, the natural development of Balic and we've got some considerable talent coming into the team.

From this article - http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...n/news-story/0f53f6c9b1bab3eb7488b3cc43255ebc

FREMANTLE

Best case: The Dockers strike a deal for Cam McCarthy with GWS and Bradley Hill with Hawthorn without having to give too much back.

Worst case: The Dockers lose ruckman Zac Clarke and are unable to strike deals for the many players who have been linked as ins or outs. They need to replenish their list as quickly as possible. Draft picks are key to this process.

I think we've done far better than the best case scenario.

Good recap here: http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/you...d/news-story/d4e88d18540530dca3bbf9b52b95a9df

FREMANTLE

Confirmed moves

1. Traded Round 1 selection (3) to GWS Giants for Cam McCarthy, Round 1 selection (7), Round 2 selection (35), Round 3 selection (73)

2. Awarded Round 2 compensation selection (23) for losing unrestricted free agent Chris Mayne

3. Traded Round 2 compensation selection (23) to Hawthorn for Brad Hill

4. Traded Picks 35, 43 and 61 for Joel Hamling, Pick 40 and Pick 63

5. Traded Pick 63 to Geelong for Shane Kersten

6. Traded Pick 73 and future second round selection to Gold Coast Suns for Picks 35 and 71

IT has been a busy and very successful trade period for Fremantle in a good sign for fans following years of missing out on big-name targets.

A year after being asked to give up two first round picks for Cam McCarthy, the Dockers have acquired the homesick GWS forward for essentially nothing, based on the value of the picks traded in the deal. In that sense it is the biggest win of the trade period so far.

Fremantle also did well in receiving pick 23 in compensation for free agent Chris Mayne’s departure to Collingwood. The compensation, based on the contract Mayne signed at the Magpies, was then on-traded to Hawthorn for speedster Bradley Hill.

Western Bulldogs premiership defender Joel Hamling and Geelong forward Shane Kersten also jumped on Freo’s bandwagon.

I love the fact we got pick 35 back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back