Toast Trade Masters

Remove this Banner Ad

We're obviously doing everything to get our core group of players, KPP, and stars in the (currently) 18-25 bracket. With the exception of a few older players e.g. SHill, Yarran, Sandi, Mundy, I expect most others will retire (MJ, Zac) or be moved on/delisted as their contracts end. RTB will try and make a push back to the top of the ladder with the new cohort as they gain experience, size, etc. over the next 2-3 yrs.

Is it too early to call for a humble pie eating competition from all those MANY posters who have lambasted the Lloyd and Bond show for the past few seasons? You know who you are, get in here now!;)
To be honest up until 2013 Lloyd and Bond seriously let the Club down with both their picks in the draft and some really poor trading .
Lets not forget how many players that were not that good .
Colin Sylvia ,Jack Hannath , Sam Menegola ,Tanner Smith ,Josh Simpson ,Scott Gumbelton Tom Vandeleur , Michael Wood ,Max Duffy , Jess Crichton ,
Jay Van berlo ,Haiden Schloithe ,Alex Howson ,Alex Forster , Peter Faulks , Josh Mellington and Jayden Pitt that they recruited .
The trades that have been of Success Kepler Bradley , Dawson and Danyle Pearce.
Smart got us Adam Mcphee (after we traded him out)Thanks Hav's , Chris Tarrant, Des Hedland and Dean Soloman .
Yes they have finally delivered but guys and Gals they have been on the job since 2010

To be honest up until 2013 Lloyd and Bond seriously let the Club down with both their picks in the draft and some really poor trading .
Colin Sylvia ,Jack Hannath , Sam Menegola ,Tanner Smith ,Josh Simpson ,Scott Gumbelton Tom Vandeleur , Michael Wood ,Max Duffy , Jess Crichton ,
Jay Van berlo ,Haiden Schloithe ,Alex Howson ,Alex Forster , Peter Faulks , Josh Mellington and Jayden Pitt that they recruited .
Smart got us Adam Mcphee (after we traded him out)Thanks Hav's , Chris Tarrant, Des Hedland and Dean Soloman .
Yes they have finally delivered but guys and Gals they have been on the job since 2010
Some very selective work there, pointing out drafting and trading busts but only pointing out trading successes and no drafting successes heavily skews those numbers...

Jay Van berlo ,Haiden Schloithe ,Alex Howson ,Alex Forster , Peter Faulks , Josh Mellington and Jayden Pitt
that they recruited .
Spud
Pre sesaon draft pick, played a few games, good result for a nothing pick
Rookie draft, lots of rookies don't play a game
Highly rated defender who unfortunately never looked like it when drafted. Club trailed him as a forward when he arrived, poor, poor move by the club. Was seen as the slider of the draft
Simpsons fault, not the clubs
Gumbleton was a low risk and one defiantly worth taking
Rookie, amounted to nothing, most rookies end up the same
^
Poor choice (absolutely s**t house choice actually), didn't fill a need and should've gone Membrey
Never looked like it
#62 in the draft, played 32 games, that's a tick. Wasn't that good, but for that pick it's a success
Rookie pick, hit and miss, nothing to lose with a rookie selection
Personally didn't understand why we took him and was expecting him to be de-listed very quickly, which he was
Unfortunately a waste of a good pick, much better options out there, like the three who went a few picks after him who are currently our new recruits
Went down 6 spots in the draft for a mature age, ready to go key defender (55-61). Essentially lost very minimal
Mellington went at #56. Could of had a career, not sure why he retired early, club wanted to trade him, but he left the game altogether.
Pitt was simply unlucky.

Overall most were taken with lowish picks (bar Tanner, Forster, Pitt) so it's not as bad it seems. We got Barlow and Silvagni as rookies and they have been very successful for us. Dawson in the PSD. We also got Fyfe at #20, Neale in the #50's, I'm not Sutcliffe's biggest fan, but we got him for #71 (from memory) and hes played in finals and a Grand Final. Walters is elite and he went late in the draft. Tabs as a rookie is showing good signs. A. Pearce looks like a massive steal. Hawks took Tim O'brein early, we took Tabs in the Rookie Draft, I'd take Tabs everyday of the week. You win some, you lose some.

Last edited:
Yes, Fremantle the destination club, for whatever reason we have 4 players nominate and get to our club and even Jesse Hogan said he would have chosen Freo ahead of West Coast if he returned.
All players that play in positions we are abundant in. No guarantee McCarthy, Hamling, BHill or Kersten get a good run at our club. Hogan is a pipe dream for both clubs I'm afraid. Luck of the draw I suppose. With your talented midfield, and for the reasons mentioned above, watch out of contract mids next year onwards nominate us as their preferred club.

All players that play in positions we are abundant in. No guarantee McCarthy, Hamling, BHill or Kersten get a good run at our club. Hogan is a pipe dream for both clubs I'm afraid. Luck of the draw I suppose. With your talented midfield, and for the reasons mentioned above, watch out of contract mids next year onwards nominate us as their preferred club.
Surely McCarthy or Kerston over Darling and also Hill over both your wingers. Hamling 50/50.

Surely McCarthy or Kerston over Darling and also Hill over both your wingers. Hamling 50/50.

Darling has the chance to redeem himself. If he stops playing for free kicks and squibbing, he is a talented player.
It will be interesting to see if the Eagles address it. Either way, I wouldn't take Kersten over Darling. Nor Hamling over Barrass and McGovern.

Yah i am happy that nobody can replace the likes of darling and lecras.

Suban is out of contract.

You honestly think McCarthy and Hill would have chosen your club ahead of ours regardless of whether they were guaranteed a position or not??? Me thinks not.

Some very selective work there, pointing out drafting and trading busts but only pointing out trading successes and no drafting successes heavily skews those numbers...

The main point I was highlighting was that until this year Lloyd and Bond failed to meet our expectations of getting the type of players that we have been calling for .Pav had to play for an extra 2 seasons before we had a player to replace him . Sandi has had his contract extended with very good reason in that we have failed to take a quality ruckman in the last 4 drafts which is why IMHO we must draft English at 7 over another midfielder .
Clarke showed in 2013 that he could have been the Heir to the throne but a music concert has him now as depth unless his current surgery on both knees is a success .
Hannath, Moller and Apeness were a long term projects , Moller didn't want to wait Hannath was a dud and Apeness is still developing into Ruck \ forward . Griffin is almost done and Sandi is at retirement age . By comparison West Coast have been proactive and still they were not expecting that their No1 and No2 ruckmen would both have knee injures and they have had to look at cover .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMHO we must draft English at 7 over another midfielder .

I really hope that we don't. Cobble together Clarke, Ape and whoever else we can bring in. You don't need a dominant ruck to win. Look at the Bulldogs this year. As long as you can provide a contest in the ruck, you can get away with it and the more dominant midfield can win. Look at our history with Sandi. Sure, he's saved us a heap and provided a massive link out of defense, but, we haven't capitilised on his dominance enough and we probably wont with our next ruck either. English @ 7 is a reach and we'll regret it I reckon. Too long term.

Definitely top 5 pezz dispenser in the league. In fact, I just found some footage of Darling featuring in a commercial from the late 80s. Hasn't changed much at all...

Darling is better the kersten for sure but I reckon Cam will be better then him by the end of either this year or next year.

Darling started off so well but has stagnated for years now, hard to watch someone with clear talent turn himself into the whack wavy inflatable tube man that he is. Should have gone somewhere for a fresh start and get it coached out of him IMO

If a player who has a current and ongoing club contract, wants to leave and go to another club and area.
Should it be possible for them to leave and change clubs, how can that be arranged?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back