Toast Trade Masters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can see him there with Kennedy not getting any younger and play with his bro.

Yep, have heard he wants to come back to Perth too.

He's pretty disgruntled with us because we said we'd take him with our second rounder if he ran a sub 11 minute 3km. He ran sub 11 but we still didn't take him (I'm assuming because we didn't think Blakely would still be available). So I think he's pretty likely to end up at the toast.

Yep, have heard he wants to come back to Perth too.

He's pretty disgruntled with us because we said we'd take him with our second rounder if he ran a sub 11 minute 3km. He ran sub 11 but we still didn't take him (I'm assuming because we didn't think Blakely would still be available). So I think he's pretty likely to end up at the toast.
Doubt your story because he was taken much higher then anyone would have predicted on draft day, there was talk he could slip to a rookie only weeks out from the draft...

Your story just reads like something someone made up (on bigfooty? No way!) after he had established himself in an AFL side, instead of something that aligns with how he was rated at the time.

If they were willing to give up anything for Barlow they would have made it happen before deadline. Clubs don't throw all their eggs in one basket during the trade period. If we were trying for Hogan during the trade period we wouldn't have missed out on Kersten because Melbourne held off til deadline.

Doubt your story because he was taken much higher then anyone would have predicted on draft day, there was talk he could slip to a rookie only weeks out from the draft...

Your story just reads like something someone made up (on bigfooty? No way!) after he had established himself in an AFL side, instead of something that aligns with how he was rated at the time.
If mitch coming back definely going to WE , will come to freo if somwhow jeremy come to freo.

Yeh, like how Fremantle picked Lamb when they could have got Blakely. Oh, wait.

Crozier, Sheridan, Neale and Sutcliffe were selected in the 2011 draft.

The Western Australian players selected after Crozier and Sheridan were Josh Bootsma, Murray Newman and Fraser Mcinnes. Bullets dodged.
The Western Australian players selected after Alex Forster were Yeo, Hamling, B Hill , Kersten, Jordan Lockyer, Brendan Ah Chee and Nathan Blee. We've now got the good ones anyway.
The Western Australian players selected after Lachie Neale were Corey Gault and Beau Maister. 'Nuff said.
There were no Western Australian players selected after Cam Sutcliffe.

In summary, your argument has no basis.

That's a burn of epic proportions...you get a :rainbow::fire:

That's a burning rainbow...the burniest sort

Mitch McGovern? Think you've got your facts wrong.

anyway, I know it's true. Believe what you want to believe.

Mitch McGovern? Think you've got your facts wrong.

anyway, I know it's true. Believe what you want to believe.

Mitch McGovern was a reach from the crows, take a look at the thread on their board when they picked him, noone knew who he was.

Also found this gem on there

"Always been my dream to play for Freo"

Mitch McGovern was a reach from the crows, take a look at the thread on their board when they picked him, noone knew who he was.

Just because supporters

Yeah his dad played for freo so you'd expect that... doesn't mean he wants to play for us now, although I hope he changes his mind.

I guarantee freo said we'd take him with that pick. My old footy coach (who used to work at Claremont FC) was training him to get the time (in the 3km). A few of my mates also played with Mitch in colts and confirmed it.

And just because crows supporters didn't know who he was doesn't mean they were reaching. Stupid logic.

Watch the video that you just linked again. "Projected to be a first or second round pick", "one of the top prospects in the draft". Sounds like he was a massive reach!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And just because crows supporters didn't know who he was doesn't mean they were reaching. Stupid logic.

Watch the video that you just linked again. "Projected to be a first or second round pick", "one of the top prospects in the draft". Sounds like he was a massive reach!
That was typical media hype, he was never going first round lol

but seriously he was a reach from the Crows

That was typical media hype, he was never going first round lol

but seriously he was a reach from the Crows

Well we planned to take him with our second rounder (pick 34) so I disagree that he was a reach. We were right into him.

Like I said, believe what you want to believe but don't come up with bullshit that he nearly went in the rookie draft.

Well we planned to take him with our second rounder (pick 34) so I disagree that he was a reach. We were right into him.

Like I said, believe what you want to believe but don't come up with bullshit that he nearly went in the rookie draft.
He was clearly worth that pick plus some. But once you get into the middle of the draft logic fades in terms of which pick gets used. Balic and Blakely classic examples.

Just thought I would add something else to the list managements list of credits this off-season (not perfectly fitting with the thread title, but same people involved).

There have been a couple of tough decisions made. Some club and fan favourites have had their time at the club called. Morabitto, Sylvagni, and of course Barlow. Those are the kind of decisions that no-one wants to make, and the kind of decisions that are always going to cop some criticism. I don't really agree on the Barlow call and would love his loyalty and leadership to be rewarded with the opportunity to be a one club player. But they all make sense given where we are as a club, and are gutsy decisions.

Just thought I would add something else to the list managements list of credits this off-season (not perfectly fitting with the thread title, but same people involved).

There have been a couple of tough decisions made. Some club and fan favourites have had their time at the club called. Morabitto, Sylvagni, and of course Barlow. Those are the kind of decisions that no-one wants to make, and the kind of decisions that are always going to cop some criticism. I don't really agree on the Barlow call and would love his loyalty and leadership to be rewarded with the opportunity to be a one club player. But they all make sense given where we are as a club, and are gutsy decisions.

Yeah they are tough calls. Kudos for having the balls to rip the band aid off I guess.
I just don't understand how they couldn't get a draft pick for Barlow. Even a pick in the 60's would've been better than nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on the previous trades for players like Matt rosa, I really thought we would get a pick in the mid 40's for Barlow. Now it looks like he is 50:50 to be picked up by anyone at all. The delisted free agency period has been on for nearly a week and no takers. He may even end up being a mature rookie like Jed adcock or farren Ray.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back