Trade McGovern or Barrass

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Both of them in the same team is not required and actually hurts the team defensively as both play too offensive.

Both have good currency and could get a built inside mid, which is what WC lack. A stopper defensive player to replace them is much easier to find and will do the job like Schofield (had he played vs Collingwood instead of McGovern result would have been different)

There is no point in having 2 intercept tall defenders when opposition KPF kick multiple goals against you. How many goals did McGovern and Barrass cost this game because they both cannot defend 1 on 1? How many goals they cop this season because they can't defend 1 on 1? How much better did the defence look vs North and St Kilda without McGovern?

I propose a slight more sane solution (although in my mad rage I wouldn't be proposed to trading Barrass atm 😡): we give Tommy a new nickname for next season.

I propose Tommy "bathwater" Barrass.

Why? Because he has drank an absolute f%$k ton of it since the 2018 grand final 😡😡😡

Melting. Melting hard.

Both of them in the same team is not required and actually hurts the team defensively as both play too offensive.

Both have good currency and could get a built inside mid, which is what WC lack. A stopper defensive player to replace them is much easier to find and will do the job like Schofield (had he played vs Collingwood instead of McGovern result would have been different)

This is a ridiculous statement.

I've said previously that I think Barrass is a better player when McGovern isn't in the team, but never would I consider trading them.

McGovern has had an inconsistent season. Lack of continuity might have a bit to do with some of his decision making, but I thought Barrass has been good for the most part.

The two of them are in our 10 most important players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a ridiculous statement.

I've said previously that I think Barrass is a better player when McGovern isn't in the team, but never would I consider trading them.

McGovern has had an inconsistent season. Lack of continuity might have a bit to do with some of his decision making, but I thought Barrass has been good for the most part.

The two of them are in our 10 most important players.
You can keep the status quo and this will keep happening as opposition know it's the weakness of WC, or you can grow a pair, become a decent list manager and see how can you improve the team

You can keep the status quo and this will keep happening as opposition know it's the weakness of WC, or you can grow a pair, become a decent list manager and see how can you improve the team

You're actually not saying anything remotely coherent. McGovern/Barrass played a poor game together having not played together much this year and now you're calling for a trade.

That's just a bunch of mumbo jumbo.

now that I think of it. I think you have a point. A long hard rebuild is coming

Shuey 31 next year
Jk 33 next year
Nic 31 next year

Our mids are depleted. if rotham can play chb. We are good to go

You're actually not saying anything remotely coherent. McGovern/Barrass played a poor game together having not played together much this year and now you're calling for a trade.

That's just a bunch of mumbo jumbo.
Yeah because it's the only time it's happened the past 2 years?

Can we trade Simmo??

One thing I don't understand about Barrass is time and time again, he jumps to affect the contest, misses the play, the ball scoots out the back and the opposition gets an easy groundball get. Either kill the ball or stay down.
Yep and what would a stopper do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back