List Mgmt. Trade Period 2016 - The Live Freo Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I would be very, very surprised if there were any hand shake deals with GC not to take players. That is draft tampering and the AFL, like all sporting bodies, take a very dim view of it. Just fantasy stuff- in reality, it is just a straight up deal because we wanted another pick in the top 40 and didn't want our 3rd pick at 71. It can't be read into too much.

I dont get it arent we still got d.pearce , suban , griff , spurr, ibbo ,johnson for 2017.one barlow equal to many senior players? Freo mess it up big time by given the other longer contract extension but not barlow. Ross got his favourite just happen that barlow and deboer type not at his top of the list.
Yes but you were suggesting delisting all those guys at the end of 2017 hence my comment of losing leadership.

You postings are very confusing sometimes - jumping around all over the place.

I would be very, very surprised if there were any hand shake deals with GC not to take players. That is draft tampering and the AFL, like all sporting bodies, take a very dim view of it. Just fantasy stuff- in reality, it is just a straight up deal because we wanted another pick in the top 40 and didn't want our 3rd pick at 71. It can't be read into too much.
Don't be naive, of course it happens man.

Silva is gone, nothing more certain. Barlow hard to say. You'd think we'd hold him in case we jag a good start to the year and we lose an inside midfielder to injury we have something senior, having delisted most of experienced second tier midfielders. (Rather than throw Balic right in).
I would hope we only delist him if he and his manager are certain another club will take him as a DFA. Even though I think the game has passed him by I think we owe him a year under those circumstances.

CvMTEmmUMAE_N3u.jpg

Can someone give me a hell yeah?
I thought we traded 35 for hamling..

I thought we traded 35 for hamling..

We got it back in a trade with GC in which we traded our 2017 second round pick for 35, a very late pick minor pick swap and GC's 2017 fourth round pick.

Fremantle, which had pick 7 (1st round) and pick 40 (2nd round) prior to the final hours of trading, added pick 35 (2nd round) and a future fourth round selection from the SUNS in exchange for the club’s future second round pick.

As part of the deal, Fremantle also upgraded the club’s pick 73 in exchange for Gold Coast’s pick 71.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My son is the same age and used to knock about with him a bit in Broome as teenagers. It would be lying to say they're best mates or anything but same circle of friends that have maintained semi regular contact since finishing school.

Have followed his career since Geelong drafted him as a result and always hoped he'd do well. Really enjoyed watching him in the finals (elim final not so much)

For similar reasons I've been keeping tabs on another Broome boy Bailey banfield at Claremont this year. Used to watch him play against my younger son (not usually direct opponents but opposing sides) from 11's to 15's so I'm interested to see what happens with him come draft time

Hopefully, we can get SPS and the Cox brothers. If we get them you should consider turning to the light side of the force.

"West Coast traded for old man on Zimmer frame and vaguely tall invalid permanently attached to drip after surgery"
F-

"West Coast traded for a 34 year old midfielder who is slower than a wet week and will simply bide his time whilst waiting for a coaching gig to come up and a 25 year old cripple who pulls hamstrings whilst getting off the team bus."

Hopefully, we can get SPS and the Cox brothers. If we get them you should consider turning to the light side of the force.
Well I would, but the mandatory lobotomy I'd need to fit in is a bit of a deal breaker

Pick 35 exchange with GC is it a open the door move for barlow to be there ?

In: Pick 7, pick 35, pick 40, pick 71, B.Hill, McCarthy, Hamling, Kersten, Gold Coast future 4th rounder
Out: pick 3, pick 43, pick 61, Mayne, future 2nd rounder.

Without adding up the points values, all the picks listed pretty much cancel each other out. It seems that we've basically traded Mayne for Hill, McCarthy, Hamling and Kersten.

Now to please sign Barlow up to finish it off.

Awesome trade week but we definitely traded out both pick 22 & 23.

In: Pick 7, pick 35, pick 40, pick 71, B.Hill, McCarthy, Hamling, Kersten, Gold Coast future 4th rounder
Out: pick 3, pick 22, pick 23, pick 43, pick 61, pick 73, Mayne, future 2nd rounder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back