List Mgmt. Trade Period 2016 - The Live Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also probably need Richmond to give up pick 6 which IMO is overs for Prestia. Although if GC had 16 to send back to Richmond..............

Maybe it will Hanley for 8 and we upgrade one of their second round picks.
16 and Hanley is equivalent in points to 8 and 22 (assuming Hanley is worth about pick 11). I would definitely be asking for their 22.

I would look into trading pick 3 + Hanley to pick 4 + 8 TBH With a handshake agreement that Suns don't take Ainsworth and we won't bid on Bowes. Will work out perfectly between our two clubs you would think.

Pick 3 - Suns - Brodie
Pick 4 - Lions - Ainsworth
Pick 5 - GWS - Setterfield
Pick 6 - Suns - SPS
Pick 7 - Dockers - English?
Pick 8 - Lions - Berry/Taranto

We bid on Setterfield/Perryman forcing Giants to take one of them with pick 5.

This will mean the earliest likely bid for Bowes is pick 7. Suns get 2 non-academy youngsters + Bowes. While Lions get 2 X top 10 picks

Assuming pick 5 + 6 are traded to GWS and GCS respectively.

Last edited:
I will throw one out. What about going to Geelong and offering them pick 21 for Nakia Cockatoo. Cats need a decent draft pick. We get a player who was drafted at number 10 in 2014. He has plenty of ability and speed and has that x factor. A couple years into his development. Having watched his father tear up in Darwin he has great genes.

Trading pick 2 would have been a very tough decision to make.

Obviously Schwab has his eye on other players in the draft but missing out on McCluggage or McGrath is a bitter pill to swallow
Fact is though,odds are very long they will end up being the best two players to come from it.

I will throw one out. What about going to Geelong and offering them pick 21 for Nakia Cockatoo. Cats need a decent draft pick. We get a player who was drafted at number 10 in 2014. He has plenty of ability and speed and has that x factor. A couple years into his development. Having watched his father tear up in Darwin he has great genes.
I can tell you catergorically that he would never leave Geelong. They have been amazing for him and he loves it there.

If we are apparently bidding on Bowes at 3, that actually makes this a worse deal. We've traded the 2nd best player in the draft, for the 4th best player in the draft.

Don't think it was a bad trade, just don't think we pushed particularly hard, given how much GWS appear to have wanted pick 2.

We also happened to get pick 16

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are apparently bidding on Bowes at 3, that actually makes this a worse deal. We've traded the 2nd best player in the draft, for the 4th best player in the draft.

Don't think it was a bad trade, just don't think we pushed particularly hard, given how much GWS appear to have wanted pick 2.
Not sure how you think we could have pushed harder except maybe to get pick 15 instead of 16. Doesn't matter if, a suspected, we will on trade it.

Ok, I think we've probably got enough trade related threads on the go for now. Please move to one of the other 16th or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back