List Mgmt. Trade Period 2016 - The Live Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seems there are multiple threads discussing and repeating the same news... makes it tough catching up on the days events and conversations.

Maybe i should post this in each thread just to get my point across:p.
was going to post the same thing earlier but thought it would be a losing fight. all trade talk should be in the one thread, there are 3 trade type threads and 2 Rocky threads which are now trade threads as well.

this place is out of control.:)

Mayne goes to Collingwood. Wish our club would do something

This will get things rolling. Freo will get a compensation pick to use on Hill which will hopefully allow the Hawks to trade O'Meara and pick up Hanley.

Mayne goes to Collingwood. Wish our club would do something

OTOH, what is that something was "sign Chris Mayne"? Sometimes you win by doing nothing.

Dont really have a problem with his manager being there, but the thing that says something happening with rocky is that we put out a club statement about having a chat? Whats that about? Sparks more drama about rocky then saying nothing imo.

Dont really have a problem with his manager being there, but the thing that says something happening with rocky is that we put out a club statement about having a chat? Whats that about? Sparks more drama about rocky then saying nothing imo.
I hear what you are saying but as there was a lot of media interest in this that's probably why a statement has been released.

14 seems pretty close to right, players get so overrated when they are on the trade table. Sydney had him as there 6th or 7th midfielder
I agree. He is also uncontracted. If he wanted to go to the bommers they would have been lucky to get more then a second rounder. He is definitely worth a first rounder. I think its about right

I hear what you are saying but as there was a lot of media interest in this that's probably why a statement has been released.
You might be right, but all media outlets already knew they were meeting. Just think it creates a bit more smoke. Again i think your right though

Freo get pick 23 so we now have 2, 19, 21 and 31

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are there any other free agents that are expected to move? Just wondering if our picks will get pushed back any further.

he just had an interview on SEN, he wants a player/coaching role under x hawks assistant Adam Simpson, he also has the backing of Clarkson for the move in fact Clarko brought it up and suggested west coast.

making room for JOM and Tom Mitchell.
Very late to the party here, but it's a very creative way of moving out the old hawthorn champions in a staged way, rather than have them all have a mass retirement at the end of next year. Mitchell this year, Hodge can retire next year, Burgoyne can keep going as long as he wants!

Is that the game where his tackling and chasing was manic?

If this is the game referred to, this bloke was an absolute standout. An absolute head turner. Like where the hell has this bloke been?

Not only the Crows best player, but close to BOG.

And against odds, which I always take as a real positive.

Here's hoping.

FA compensation extremely generous this year.

Seems clubs are making contract offers that very much anticipate the cap going up quite a bit in the next CBA.

They probably need to update the criteria for compensation.

Josh Green is a better player than him
Perhaps, but if Cameron has a better attitude to his footy professionalism (is that a word?!?) then he's going to give better output than Green.
There's probably a reason that Cameron played 20 games in a side that played finals, while Green played 11 games in the worst side in the league.
Probably also a reason that several clubs are interested in Cameron, while Green may be able to walk to Essendon via the PSD.

I'd take Cameron for the right deal.

Rating Green as a better player than Cameron, particularly based on their past 24 months, belongs on the Saints or Blues board where the over rating of players makes the Pies fans look calm and knowledgable.

Mayne looks like he's about a year or 2 from being shot

4 years for a mid sized forward who is predominantly known as a pressure forward is a big investment. Particularly when he slowed down as this year progressed. The last 2 years of his deal will require him to learn new tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back