List Mgmt. Trade Period 2016 - The Live Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopeless club FFS what a rubbish trade for us.
Why? We have 4 list spots available before getting rid of Rocky, Green and Hanley (if Rocky and Green leave). We wouldn't have even used 31 if we hold onto Rocky and Green. We have 3,16,19,21 to fill those spots. No bids will come before 31, therefore that pick would've been void. And we'll get a pick for Pearce, ensuring we fill his spot with an early pick. Very good business IMO.

So the deficit definitely comes off the subsequent pick/round next year? I thought the deficit came off our first pick the following year, which at this rate would be really early...

If you're right then that's fantastic business by the club

Yep, it comes off the corresponding pick in the round to avoid clubs passing on marginal academy players because it'd affect their first rounder.

Why? We have 4 list spots available before getting rid of Rocky, Green and Hanley (if Rocky and Green leave). We wouldn't have even used 31 if we hold onto Rocky and Green. We have 3,16,19,21 to fill those spots. No bids will come before 31, therefore that pick would've been void. And we'll get a pick for Pearce, ensuring we fill his spot with an early pick. Very good business IMO.
Pick 16, 19 and 21 are crap!!!

Very close points wise (81 points is equivalent to pick 66)
2,31,51 = 3382
3, 16 = 3301

reasonable deal for us as 16 is much likely to be a good player than 31 IMO. One player I'd like us to target is Logue but I doubt he'll still be available at 16 though. No doubt more deals to come with those 4 high picks and Hanley/Rocky.

we still have pick 60 for Frost or for its 146 points which is enough to match a bid of roughly pick 55 or lower.

yep, as i said in one of the 5 trade threads:huh:, we must rate Ainsworth equal to McGrath/McCluggage or slightly behind in that case great deal for us.

Maybe Hanley and 16 for 8 and a second rounder?

My thinking as well. I wouldn't mind their pick below 8 though. Reading a few opinions about this draft it would be really nice to get another in the top 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't be serious? Very valuable picks, if used shrewdly, particularly is a draft which Schwab said was very even between 5-20.
We need top 5 picks not end of first round picks.

I'm slightly bemused why we have traded ourselves out of acquiring one of the two clear stand outs in McCluggage and McGrath and it isn't even for another top 10 pick.

I'm with Bucking Beads on this.

I suppose we rated Ainsworth higher than those two for some reason. The consensus may be that the McBoys are the best two, but what if they seem like flight risks? We can't take that chance at our outpost.

At first glance I thought it was a stupid trade, the more I think about the happier I am. If the draft is very even after the first 6 we can still bring in another 3 quality players with our next 3 picks. Add in whatever we get for Hanley and we are in a very strong position to really stock up on midfield talent.

We must be very keen on Ainsworth if we are happy to give up pick 2 for pick 3.

I'm just cranky today. A bit of the world's against me mentality. Sick of the rich getting richer while we are shopping at the Reject shop. I'm sure Schwabby knows what he's doing.
I didn't watch the end of the Carolina game. I assume they lost?

I think it became obvious in the last few days we were always happy to take Ainsworth. Fagan has stated he wants a quick forward who can kick and apply defensive pressure. I would have liked a better pick than 16 but maybe we have other irons in the fire that will net us a pick in the top 10. One thing is for sure though Ainsworth is a Brisbane player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back