List Mgmt. Trade Period 2016 - The Live Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schwab just strongly indicated on trade radio that they know who the giants want at pick 2 but he has no idea what the bombers are doing with pick 1.

they also asked him about Frost and he said a pick in the 3rd round for him would be too high but the deal will get done.

Green also mentioned and i got the vibe that he is on the way out.

Very happy with the trade and Gardiner re-signing. I guess we have a plan for trading up again and getting later picks for academy selections and Frost.

I'm a bit disappointed really. We actually lost on draft points... TO THE GIANTS... You know - the team who give away draft picks like flyers at the market.

The Giants clearly REALLY wanted the pick. They clearly have a very specific plan for it, and they were very eager. What do we do? Nice fair trade, early on, give them exactly what they want.

That might be the first trade GWS have ever done that has netted them more draft points than they gave up.

Yeah not a bad swap of picks... must be some guys around the 16 mark we fancy

I'm a bit disappointed really. We actually lost on draft points... TO THE GIANTS... You know - the team who give away draft picks like flyers at the market.

The Giants clearly REALLY wanted the pick. They clearly have a very specific plan for it, and they were very eager. What do we do? Nice fair trade, early on, give them exactly what they want.

That might be the first trade GWS have ever done that has netted them more draft points than they gave up.

It's likely the person we wanted at 3 is not the person GWS wanted at 2 ... so we'd still end up with the same player.

The rest of the picks thing is more of a long con, I reckon.

So we traded 3 nothing picks for another pick in the first round and you lot are complaining? Jesus you're all hard to please. We've obviously got a target of who we want with our first pick. Don't get caught up in the Bigfooty hype over these players. Our recruiters are paid to make these decisions for a reason and you know what? There track record is pretty good. Have a little faith in the club.

We need top 5 picks not end of first round picks.

Gee. First round picks are crap? Would you honestly prefer a bunch of later picks we event going to use anyway over 16?

I'm guessing you want us to sell the farm for top 5 picks?

There's still every chance we bundle up picks and trade into the top 10.

Gee. First round picks are crap? Would you honestly prefer a bunch of later picks we event going to use anyway over 16?

I'm guessing you want us to sell the farm for top 5 picks?

There's still every chance we bundle up picks and trade into the top 10.
Yeah, difficult to imagine we take in picks 16, 19 and 21 - I can well imagine we will package one of those with Hanley for an upgrade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please mods even I'm struggling and I'm young. Can't even imagine how tough it must be for the old farts on this board:p

I resemble that remark.

So we traded 3 nothing picks for another pick in the first round and you lot are complaining? Jesus you're all hard to please. We've obviously got a target of who we want with our first pick. Don't get caught up in the Bigfooty hype over these players. Our recruiters are paid to make these decisions for a reason and you know what? There track record is pretty good. Have a little faith in the club.
Didn't think it would ever happen but I agree with Leemas on this

I agree that getting pick 16 is about getting Hanley to the coast in exchange for pick 8. Pick 8 is too high but a package of Hanley and 16 is a fair deal.
i think in a Hanley and 16 for pick 8 deal we are giving up too much, Hanley and 19 or 21 should be enough IMO.

Yeah I disagree Jason, I think we are in a position where Hanley wants to go and his position at our club is probably untenable, Pearce also has a massive 3 years and a huge amount of coin in our salary cap, moving him on is a big win for us long term if we can get pick 8.

Super trade.

We likely had 3-4 players we would have been more than happy with at 2 and couldn't split.
We still have that PLUS 16.
Disregarding the lower picks you can almost say we got 16 for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back