Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Burn pick 22 and cap space for a B grader, good strategy!!
Doubt we'd get pick 22 for Jack Graham. End of 2nd round I'd say. But if we managed to swap Graham for a best 22 winger that's a net gain in itself. We could always just trade for Perryman or Cumming too, if we did somehow land pick 22 we could bank that and give GWS 29 or something, which would be better than the compo they would have normally received.

The coin wouldn't be much different, Graham would be on a good deal. Cash won't be an issue for us anyway.

Doubt we'd get pick 22 for Jack Graham. End of 2nd round I'd say. But if we managed to swap Graham for a best 22 winger that's a net gain in itself. We could always just trade for Perryman or Cumming too, if we did somehow land pick 22 we could bank that and give GWS 29 or something, which would be better than the compo they would have normally received.

The coin wouldn't be much different, Graham would be on a good deal. Cash won't be an issue for us anyway.
Most free agents get their contracts bumped up because there is no trade cost. Williams at Carlton, Ben McKay etc.
It would be naïve to think that Cummings or Perryman would be on the same amount as Jack Graham, especially as he as unrestricted free agent.

GWS get two 2nd or end of first rounders which be much more they get from trades. The players will get a good contract at their new clubs.

It doesn't make sense to load up now, especially when we are getting a compo for Jack Graham which could be pick 22.

We can front-end other contracts so that we can same cap space for when we are ready to hit the free agent market. Plus we have to extend Balta before he is a free agent next year.

We are not going to be challenging anytime soon, so better to keep out powder dry for genuine A graders that we can add to all the young talent we are developing.

Fun fact, Shai Bolton was drafted with a 2nd round compo pick in 2016

Most free agents get their contracts bumped up because there is no trade cost. Williams at Carlton, Ben McKay etc.
It would be naïve to think that Cummings or Perryman would be on the same amount as Jack Graham, especially as he as unrestricted free agent.

GWS get two 2nd or end of first rounders which be much more they get from trades. The players will get a good contract at their new clubs.

It doesn't make sense to load up now, especially when we are getting a compo for Jack Graham which could be pick 22.

We can front-end other contracts so that we can same cap space for when we are ready to hit the free agent market. Plus we have to extend Balta before he is a free agent next year.

We are not going to be challenging anytime soon, so better to keep out powder dry for genuine A graders that we can add to all the young talent we are developing.
End of 1st round for Perryman? Wouldn't have thought so. Band 3 at best which will probably be 34+

Watch a few Giants games. Their backline is silky smooth until Perryman gets it and turns it over. Questionable skills - not the sort of player we need.

Watch a few Giants games. Their backline is silky smooth until Perryman gets it and turns it over. Questionable skills - not the sort of player we need.
74% by foot. That's better than Tom Brown and the same as Short. Miles better than Pickett, McIntosh and Banks.

I'd much prefer Cumming anyway. Elite speed, good mark and good kick. Prototype wingman.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another strong performance from Josh Smillie for the AFL Academy. He played the majority of the game forward or back showing his versatility as a prospect and he was one of few Academy players able to match Footscray for physicality. The only thing to criticize would be his occasional kicking struggles, though his disposal was fine for the most part.

74% by foot. That's better than Tom Brown and the same as Short. Miles better than Pickett, McIntosh and Banks.

I'd much prefer Cumming anyway. Elite speed, good mark and good kick. Prototype wingman.
The Office Thats GIF

ATM, my hope for the draft is two top picks, and we get Josh Smillie and Jagga Smith.

Then either look to try trade into next season's draft, or see if there's a good KPF prospect in the latter half of the first round of the draft.

Hello tigers, will you be after players like Perryman, Cumming, Hayward?
All are free agents, some unrestricted.

Maybe. But unlikely as we don't want to impact our own FA points, and right now we have plenty of older talent, but not enough space for our talented kids. If the right person popped up at the right price then maybe. But right now we are more likely to be looking internally or at the draft.

Would we consider zurhaar from norf he needs to get out of that shitfire dump joint he could be a Jake stringer type pinch hitting in the midfield and has some campaigner about him

Short should be a good trade picks wise. If they really are offering the $ suggested he will go for a first rounder. That he is uncontracted won't make a difference. It only does when the player doesn't give a shellgrit for his old club. Bakes is a genuine tiger. He won't let us get ripped. Eagles or Freo will have the pay a fair price. If they compete tehn maybe a more than fair price.

If Graham goes FA then a 2nd seems about right. If Broad goes FA as well then we start to get into the first round calculations. I have no idea but would the 2 of them get to proper 1st round compo? If they did then this year is the one to let them go. 2 top 5 picks would be amazing. This sort of thing doesn't happen much though.

We have so many holes , best available only way to go
Supposedly this draft is very heavy with top end mids, then not much. So I said mids. Also mids are where the team is built to contend. You then create a spine and build around that. Have 2 A grade mids and 1 A grade KPF and 2 A grade KPD and you are in the right space to build a contending team. If we luck into a draft heavy on mids then go mids. If there are KPs then go KPs, as they are harder to find.

We'll see, but right now I'd expect us to try and build the engine room and go from there.

Back