Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep for sure. In the situation the Tigs are in where you're probably wanting to get in a volume of solid talent to have a look at... if you trust the depth of the talent pool this year (and I do at this stage, one of the deepest I've seen) then you don't need to sell the farm to get multiple top 10 picks.
At this stage I'm happy with our current pick 2, 22 & 33 and then using our other picks/free agency compo/trades to get another couple of picks inside the first 2 rounds and give us a second hit of 5 top quality kids to add to the previous group.

We don't need another HBF. No to Travaglia for us.
Disagree, at the start of the 2025 season Broad will be 32, Vlastuin 31, Short 29 & Daniel, if not traded, will be 28. Behind them we've got Brown who seems to be working towards being a lock in the back line, then the likes of Banks Trezise & Smith as medium/small defenders with question marks about their long term viability. So while Tobie may not be a urgent need, we should be looking at adding another quality player to that group to keep our depth in that area in good shape.

Disagree, at the start of the 2025 season Broad will be 32, Vlastuin 31, Short 29 & Daniel, if not traded, will be 28. Behind them we've got Brown who seems to be working towards being a lock in the back line, then the likes of Banks Trezise & Smith as medium/small defenders with question marks about their long term viability. So while Tobie may not be a urgent need, we should be looking at adding another quality player to that group to keep our depth in that area in good shape.
No way man, I am with the Disco on this one.

You don't think he's got the potential to be a perfect Vlastuin replacement?

That's how I see him. Not the smooth ball use at this stage but that will come.
He may be. We don't need him.

Smooth ball use doesn't just magically come btw.

Brown is a star in the making. I am very confident in Trezise, Bauer and Smith. That's plenty.

We need mids, and tall and small forwards.

No way man, I am with the Disco on this one.
Stick with me kid and you won't go wrong.

Brown is a star in the making. I am very confident in Trezise, Bauer and Smith. That's plenty.

We need mids, and tall and small forwards.
We need help all over the park and with possibly 5 picks inside the top 2 rounds of the draft if Tobie was best available at one of those picks I wouldn't be disappointed if we called his name out. I'm not saying he is a must have, just that we shouldn't be putting a line through his name either.

Travaglia could easily transition into midfield, but medium defenders are a need for us. Vlastuin and Broad (and grimes) are approaching the end and the only one we have on the list is Tom Brown, Tresize is just a bit small to be a true medium defender.

Kody walker - under ager but a serious player by the look of him.

Blues father son and Tigers academy player.

Haven’t seen or heard anything until tonight. Anyone know anything about him
He's a Blue through and through. He's 2 years away. Only development we should be doing is some Louie fitness programs

secret smell GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to recruiters its the one skill that's most able to be improved with expert coaching.

What games of senior football are these recruiters watching? Idealised ones in their head? ;)

I doubt they'd have been popular at the Suns' debrief this week...

"We can improve smooth ball movement the most with coaching."

But still not here on earth, against Ross Lyonesque coaching. ;)

It came on a night Hardwick labelled the low-scoring 51-48 game “terrible” and “horrific,” conceding his side didn’t “handle” the defensive style well.

Murphy justified his selection in a stacked Metro midfield group with an excellent game in tricky conditions. He was clean at ground level and active around stoppage, and while his disposals didn't always hit their mark he was progressive and creative with his decision making.

Cal Twomey on Gettable made the Eric Gulden comparison. Reckons he goes in the top 10.

He played half back that game but the kid has midfielder written all over him

I see alot of Will Day in him
Has played extremely well in the midfield previously. Happy to draft him. Hard nut.

A solid first Champs outing for Joe Berry who show cased the exiting and damaging package of skills he brings to a forward line. Started strongly in the first half, regularly leading up to the wings to get involved. Was quieter in the second but made the most of his opportunities to snag a couple of crucial goals and finish with three for the game.

Back