Opinion Trade Period Review: Embarrassing or Stayed Strong?

Your thoughts on the Gibbs non-trade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm livid, which is turning into apathy.

The Crows are full of s**t - there is obviously no clear plan; we don't actually know what it is we are trying to do. Maybe that's where Chapman got found out in the banking world; implementing someone else's plan is different to creating your own.

Roo says we need midfield quality; everyone agrees... but we have no plans to actually get it?

Reid screws trade week up.

We give Lyons away.

We resign Thommo.

Keep the other duds.

But here is what really makes me angry; the explanation in the last 24 hours is that we believe internal improvement will get us there (aside from the fact internal improvement doesn't prevent you seeking external improvement; they aren't mutually exclusive), followed by the listing of young players...

Ok.

So if our PLAN was to back in our youth for a tilt next year - WHY THE **** DIDNT WE PLAY THEM THIS YEAR?

That exposes the completely lack of strategic planning which cripples our club.

I'm happy to back Wigg in - so why did we tell him mid season last year that he wasn't going to debut, no matter how strong his form was?

Why didn't we play CEY when Thommo was clearly cooked?

Why did we persist with Douglas, when we could've rotated whoever was fit and firing through his spot?

Why did we continue to waste games on Mackay, instead of playing Milera?

Why did we bring VB back mid year?

So we didn't actually PLAN to back in our youth; we've just stuffed everything else up, so we're left with no choice.

They are full of s**t; their words are betrayed by their actions.

The lack of planning and deliberate
action at the AFC is just mind boggling.
With all this hate and loathing ....why don't you do yourself and us a favor by doing a diatribe and following another club

Frankly i feel so much worse for reading your s**t

Im willing to bet Thomo plays round 1 and most of next year.
After hearing from the club after the trade period they are dilusional about where we are and our list.
You do realise we were a flag smokey going into the finals .....and Bulldogs were simply making up the numbers

But yeah you're right, the club has done a s**t job since Tippett-gate ......and they're delusional, and you're not :rolleyes:

I think the real anger comes from not identifying anyone that would take a first rounder to get and getting an obtainable target given the need for a mid.
The second storm comes from getting pick bloody 43 for Lyons.
And not trading Douglas or Mackay.
Or keeping Thompson.
Seriously **** this club.
Fantastic ....go vent your venom an another club BF board .....no-one's forcing you to support the club, but at least show something more than a simple bogan

I think the real anger comes from not identifying anyone that would take a first rounder to get and getting an obtainable target given the need for a mid.
The second storm comes from getting pick bloody 43 for Lyons.
And not trading Douglas or Mackay.
Or keeping Thompson.
Seriously **** this club.

1) No players we wanted, wanted to come. This is a larger issue that needs addressing.

2) While being disappointed by pick 43, there are lots severely overrating him. The line "one good you in 6" would be on the lips of most clubs. He's not a poor player, but players of his type are abundant. I figure we are backing in Wigg.

3) We can't trade them this year if they refuse to go as they are contracted.

4) If Thommo plays more than 7 games next year a whole lot more people will join the chorus. But we are told he is break glass in case of emergency

5) It that's your attitude the club could just as easily say * these supporters.

After a very emotional day, i was exhausted ......and buckets of emotive posts yesterday .... i've been really heartened by some of the really intelligent & incite full posts in this thread today

But Pdub, this is one of the best :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
It certainly is. In the real business world.

We would have matched. Thats why Geelong didnt and thats why traded. And you do know that when he didnt put forward a contract offer from Geelong as a RFA that he no longer was one yeah?
So it was a trade and RFA had nothing to do with it.
If you think we did a good job with the Danger trade then Im sorry but you are part of the problem with Adelaide. The club of low expectations.

I'm part of the problem with Adelaide hey, last time I checked I'm not employed by the club making list management decisions champ.

Agree to disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sick of the claims of what we offer players and what has happened. You don't know. You won't know. You have to trust.
If we didn't have a warchest now we do. If the same happens with the guns unrestricted I will shutup

I admit I didn't hear it but someone claimed that Roo said we offered or were willing to offer a first and second but Carlton wanted nothing less than two firsts.
Not the full truth there. That 2nd pick was conditional on Carlton's third pick coming back.

So essentially meaning Carlton only move up 3-4 picks. Ie. It was essentially pick 13 only.

Roo and Reid telling porkies in damage control

Sent from my OPPO R9m using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5) It that's your attitude the club could just as easily say **** these supporters.
They basically have.

Hardly looks like they've done all they could to make this team as 'elite' as possible. Hitting the draft and waiting another 3-4 years before that player is ready to give us much at AFL level is hardly the answer is it? Telling us this was always their plan and they had no intention of doing anything this trade period is a pretty big f you to the supporters that have been waiting quite some time now for us to go from a team that's just satisfied with making finals to one that's ready to give it a proper crack and go all the way.

the only thing embarrassing about the trade period is for poor old bryce when he turns up for his first day of preseason training and has to face everyone, knowing that he wanted to leave. the fact that his request was made public is the biggest issue.

trade deals would be getting suggested and shot down in flames all the time, every year. just like the gibbs deal.

i keep hearing "where's our plan B"? who else are we going to bring to good old adelaide? are people that delusional that they think they can just trade in dylan shiel or luke parker or something? some people play way too much NBA live 95. and don't say rockliff, the bloke is clearly loose as a goose.

i would've given mattrox 5 likes if i could, above.

as for lyons, despite good champion data stats, let's be honest here - he's filler. he's track 6 on your favourite album. I'm more concerned that he was in our best 22. that says a lot in itself about the state of our midfield. we got belted in contested footy in 2 of our last 3 games and lyons wasn't going to save that.

so i think we need to all go and watch some cricket (ok after the draft) and then get ready for a thread on who to pick with #13 again in 2017.

i keep hearing "where's our plan B"? who else are we going to bring to good old adelaide? are people that delusional that they think they can just trade in dylan shiel or luke parker or something? some people play way too much NBA live 95. and don't say rockliff, the bloke is clearly loose as a goose.

Plan B (or even Plan A according to the club) was going to the draft if we couldn't get Gibbs. But we didn't even do that, as we completely failed to improve our draft position and we only have one decent draft pick

Telling us this was always their plan and they had no intention of doing anything this trade period is a pretty big f you to the supporters that have been waiting quite some time now for us to go from a team that's just satisfied with making finals to one that's ready to give it a proper crack and go all the way.

Yeah we should have done overs for the one worthwhile option which was possible - to make you feel better.

Or done some kind of token trade? Would that have helped?

We need to find a way to make Adelaide a more attractive option for players. Some kind 'funzies' program which would also help with teambuilding - like hitting up some good beaches, skydiving? I don't know.

It's disappointing but I don't know what kind of realistic ways we could have done better. I'm sure we've got our eyes on next year already...where our future picks could come in very handy, also...free agency. Cooler heads will hopefully prevail.

Fully recognising that we are brilliant drafters (thanks, Hamish) and we always do very well with picks in the early teens, I would've been happy with our 2 first rounders in exchange for Gibbs and Carlton's 2017 third rounder.

I also would've cut Thompson and paid Lyons the little extra to keep him.

Plenty will disagree but I want a flag and I reckon adding Gibbs, along with this 'organic growth', would've given us a real shot in 2017.

[But we also would've had a better shot at landing Bryce if he'd been more open with Carlton about his family situation during the year and told them he wanted - no, needed - to come home in his exit interview]

Did anyone else hear Rowe and Bickley at 4? In amongst tipping a bucket on the Crows they let slip that we were into Barlow as a DFA, then went coy about it.

Can anyone else confirm I heard that right?

Back