Trade rumours and their accuracy

Remove this Banner Ad

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Every year the rumours come out about players who want out and where they want to go, and each year posters say "how would they know?" Or "its just Barrett/Caro/Hutchie/Cornes etc, they dont know s**t".
So lets keep a track of the strong rumours (ie no big footy s**t).

1. Prestia wanted to go home and go to Richmond. - True
2. Cloke to go to WB. -So far true.
3. Hayden B to leave Freo and go to WC.
4. Marchbank to ask for a trade. - True
5. O'Merea to ask for a trade to Melbourne. - True
6. Ben Jarman to go to Hawthorn.

Thats just for starter. Add what persistant rumours from the talking heads in the media (Robbo, Barrett, Caro etc) and see how many pan out.

Every year the rumours come out about players who want out and where they want to go, and each year posters say "how would they know?" Or "its just Barrett/Caro/Hutchie/Cornes etc, they dont know s**t".

Thats just for starter. Add what persistant rumours from the talking heads in the media (Robbo, Barrett, Caro etc) and see how many pan out.

Would be good to do this on a grander scale. Record every rumour from all the idiots and then we can have a credibility rating attached to each potentisl trade that dribbles out of their mouths.

Didn't Ballantyne come out and admit it? Or all speculation?

They get a lot wrong (just about every out of contract player is a monty to go to x club), for which they are never held accountable.

Where did 6 come from?

Would be good to do this on a grander scale. Record every rumour from all the idiots and then we can have a credibility rating attached to each potentisl trade that dribbles out of their mouths.
We did this on a forum for my EPL team, with a stickied thread that only contained published rumors throughout the transfer window.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He came out and denied it.

Denied, while still keeping the option open.

"I've played some pretty good football along the way, and I think I can get better again.
"I look at blokes like Eddie Betts who had a fresh start at a new club (moving from Carlton to Adelaide).
"He won his first All-Australian last year, and he's probably going to win it this year. So a fresh start is something that could be on the table."
Ballantyne said he has left his manager Colin Young to do the sniffing around.
"When there's talk of a rebuild, he gets a bit antsy and starts feeling around for what's out there," Ballantyne said.
"(He) gives us all the options, and then we make a decision from there.
"I haven't asked for a trade, and I haven't been asked to be traded to any club.
"But if I could see myself playing good football somewhere else, then it's a possibility."

can we track WHERE these rumors each seem to have originated from, start getting to know who's just spouting s**t and who has insider info.

Appaently both Miles and Conca have asked for trades out of Richmond now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back