Trade rumours and their accuracy

Remove this Banner Ad

Not what I heard.
He did not get on with Malthouse and wanted out.
But believe Rucci if you prefer.
Listen to his interview on AA before his 250th.
Said he wanted to stay at Carlton and he cried for a day after deciding to leave. Went to them and said if they could even get close to what we offered he would stay.

You think?

The days of SA kids wanting to stay or return here are well and truly gone. They all want to go to Melbourne, if possible a big Melbourne club.

We couldn't get the son of an SA legend to return when he was wanting out of Brisbane - went to Melbourne.

Why would we think we are any chance to compete with Hawthorn? The only players that come here are those who are drafted or those who's choices have become limited. No one chooses the AFC unless they have to.

That's not being a negative Nellie it's just stating a fact.

Since when is Andrew Aish a legend of anything?

And IIRC, it was AFC that was not interested in Aish, not the other way around.

Said he wanted to stay at Carlton and he cried for a day after deciding to leave. Went to them and said if they could even get close to what we offered he would stay.

He said the other night (as he would) that moving to AFC was the best move he has ever made.

It was never a done deal. St Kilda offered that, but I never saw anywhere, anyone saying that Sloane would leave the Crows and go to St Kilda.

The Ox said it was a done deal on SEN. He was adamant as well. He must have been stitched up by his source.

Get him on the phone to Rockliff
Not required ......player managers would be well aware of the Crows success in targeting players of real need and our ability to develop players ......it'll be a real benefit now we're seen as a successful club, which will add a further enticement to players we identify

Exactly correct ......Betts left Carlton kicking and screaming

The Ox...
You see thats why I said journos like Caro, Barrett, Hutchie, Robbo etc.
The Ox is about as reliable as Janus on the Poort board would be.
The Ox would hear rumors within the 10 Vic clubs .......most commentators are ignorant of any interstate club activities .....far fewer leaks (except Brisbane)

Not required ......player managers would be well aware of the Crows success in targeting players of real need and our ability to develop players ......it'll be a real benefit now we're seen as a successful club, which will add a further enticement to players we identify
If it's not required then why do we get Geelong premiership coaches flying in with Captain and players to try and recruit Boak? The managers would know that Geelong were a bit successful yeah?

I say start dialling. Do it like a telethon. Tex, Eddie and Sloane, cold calling every good player. Bound to land someone. Who could say no to Eddie?

Betts definitely wanted to stay at Carlton and Carlton did offer Eddir a new contract however it was one of those offers which basically forces the player to move and Mick got his cap space that was required to recruit Daisy Thomas

Yep I reckon this is right. Betts knew this was his last contract opportunity to set himself up for life and he had a fiancée and baby to think about - so stuck to what he believed he was worth - and I have no doubt he would have rather stayed at the Blues, but he was the collateral damage given Malthouse was desperate to get Thomas. And while I'm sure Eddie cried buckets at the time, I have no doubt he's thrilled with how it's all turned out - and hell, so are we!! :thumbsu::thumbsu::)

I think the Eddie not wanting to leave Carlton might have had more to do with not wanting to uproot his family from Melbourne rather than preferring Carlton over the Crows. He has stated how his wife really struggled making the transition to life here as she didn't know anybody. It would have been a hard decision, but as fairfooty has said, they probably talked it over and decided that setting themselves up with a better deal would outweigh the short term pain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it's not required then why do we get Geelong premiership coaches flying in with Captain and players to try and recruit Boak? The managers would know that Geelong were a bit successful yeah?

I say start dialling. Do it like a telethon. Tex, Eddie and Sloane, cold calling every good player. Bound to land someone. Who could say no to Eddie?
I Think each club could name similar players ........it's not just the players, but the program and environment .......but as the old adage goes ...seeing is believing

BTW didn't Boak get approached be Geelong pre their "never tear us apart" years ?

I Think each club could name similar players ........it's not just the players, but the program and environment .......but as the old adage goes ...seeing is believing

BTW didn't Boak get approached be Geelong pre their "never tear us apart" years ?
My second paragraph was in jest.

As to the "never tear us apart" years, my reply was in regards to what a team does to recruit, not the team potentially losing a player. As you stated that player involvement in recruitment is not required. I gave an example (and there are more) of that it is actually actively used by clubs.

The only time I believe in any rumours is if we are days out from trade week and talks are leaking of a done deal with the main details of the trade to take place. they tend to be never false. Most rumour mongering now is often mischief making by AFL reporters trying to trick a true trade out into the open.

Judd retired when he was 30 turning 31, albeit after an ACL but everyone knew he was retiring at the end of 2015 anyway.

Thommo will be 34 next year. He can barely run out there, I'd love to know his gps sprint info when the opposition get the ball from a stoppage. It'll be ****en embarrassing reading that's for sure.

He doesn't sprint when the opposition win the ball. He pushes forward if we win the ball, but if we on the just catches his breath and starts jogging in the general direction of the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back