Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbob023

Draftee
Oct 7, 2009
Werribee
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Heard a few trade whispers around the traps.

Jason Winderlich to St.Kilda to add some pace

Josh Fraser to Hawthorn help their ruck stocks

Chris Tarrant back to Collingwood to deepen their defence

what do you think?

Re: Trade Rumors

Heard a few trade whispers around the traps.

Jason Winderlich to St.Kilda to add some pace

Josh Fraser to Hawthorn help their ruck stocks

Chris Tarrant back to Collingwood to deepen their defence

what do you think?

Wouldn't be surprised if that happened. I'm curious to hear Saint's supporters views on that. Would you want him and what would you give up for him?

No do not want Tarrant if we got anybody it would be someone under the age of 25

I agree Tarrant would be to old we are looking for plus we have N Brown for the FB postion.

But It still can happen

Have no problem in getting Taz back, particularly if Presti is going to retire.

As the OP said, we need to "deepen the defence" but if Presti plays on then there probably is not a need for him.

I would have thought the Pies were pretty solid in defense. Hawks, Blues or to a lesser degree the Saints might make better use of him over the next 2 years.

I hope he re-signs. Has huge support at Freo.

if presti was to retire collingwood should look at getting tarrant back personally i beleive that nathan brown needs to get 1 or 2 more pre seasons under his belt b4 he can handle big forwards eg. buddy franklin last week

I find it hard to believe that Hawthorn would pick up Fraser unless it was for a 4th rounder or something like that. We already have Simon Taylor if we want a guy who will give good taps but do nothing else at all. I doubt it will be feasible to play guys like that as a second ruck next year, depending on what happens with interchange rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the Hawks would be more interested in Tarrant than Fraser.

Spot on, the Hawks really need a big bodied FB.

Fraser isn't a ruckman and he's hardly better as a forward. Skipper is a much much better ruckman, really liked the few games I've seen of him, especially a few taps down Burgoyne's throat.

Really like Winderlich, in fact last year when rumours were saying we would pick up Lovett, I was thinking that I'd rather we get Winderlich instead.
Probably wouldn't give up more than a first rounder (approx. Pick 25) due to his past injuries.
He seems similar value to Salopek. (Decent player, who has had injury troubles, around the 25 year age mark.)

I love Winderlich, would reach his potential and maybe even get a premiership at St.Kilda, I think Essendon at the moment are 5 years away from challenging and I hope they realize that and get youngsters with the draft picks they get for him if it happens.

Really like Winderlich, in fact last year when rumours were saying we would pick up Lovett, I was thinking that I'd rather we get Winderlich instead.
Probably wouldn't give up more than a first rounder (approx. Pick 25) due to his past injuries.
He seems similar value to Salopek. (Decent player, who has had injury troubles, around the 25 year age mark.)

You're first rounder sounds just about right. He's speed and goal kicking ability would be invaliable to you're team. If he can stay injury free and if he becomes more cosistent he could possibly be the final piece in the puzzle for yous.

I find it hard to believe that Hawthorn would pick up Fraser unless it was for a 4th rounder or something like that. We already have Simon Taylor if we want a guy who will give good taps but do nothing else at all.

Lucky for you then Fraser is the complete opposite of Taylor. He is rubbish at hitouts but is pretty good around the ground gathering possessions as a follower and kicking the odd goal. He is also alot smarter than Taylor as a player.

If Fraser is leaving Collingwood, it will be on the cheap, that I have no doubt about.

I don't think Essendon could really ask for anymore than pick 25 for Winderlich with his past injuries but I think in what he brings to Essendon when he is up and running is worth much more than what he would bring on the open market.

If they were looking to off load one of there inconsistent, under performing midfielders Stanton would seek a lot more than Winderlich.

I spoke to a bloke today who knows his football stuff very well and he told me that, Andrew Walker is about to walk out on Carlton becuase he wants more game time and he believes he can get it elsewhere, he also told me WCE are interested in him. I dont know how reliable this rumour is but i know the bloke who told me it knows his stuff so its up to you if you want to believe it.

great another player that butchers the ball.
hardly a rumor, but chris mcdermott is urging the crows to throw big money at shannon hurn. Don't want it to happen and don't think it will happen. I am interested to know what the crows would give up for him??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back