Player Watch Jordan Dawson - Our New Captain!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back in Sydney now. Got a job with AFL NSW/ACT in their development programs. Seems to be a theme he's into given he coached the Western Jets in the TAC Cup/NAB League after leaving us.
Well that’s a double like. He seemed to like spin on the wheels.)

I know there is at least one such example... but I've been racking my brain trying to remember who it was. It's very, very, very rare - but there is at least one precedent.

Possibly Mitch Clark? Was leaving Brisbane for Freo to go home and got a monster offer from Melbourne I think

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How many Sydney and Adelaide management remain from the Tippett debacle?

To suggest the club will use it as payback is ridiculous, they aren’t vengeful Big Footy posters

It’s not so much payback or revenge, but understanding that if the shoe is on the other foot, Sydney would be quite happy to screw us, so we should have no qualms about playing hard ball.

Now’s not the time to be scummy and say “nah, sorry, pick 4 is totally and utterly out of the question”..

Thats almost like saying to Dawson that the club whos chased you all year, offered you a large contract and managed to get you to agree to come play for them actually rate you less than some completely unproven draftee in this years draft thats never played a single game of AFL at the top level..

No, it tells Dawson that we’re going to do whatever we can to be the strongest team possible - you know, the team he’s joining.

It’s not so much payback or revenge, but understanding that if the shoe is on the other foot, Sydney would be quite happy to screw us, so we should have no qualms about playing hard ball.
I don't think anyone is trying to screw over anyone else. The crows have always been a fair club to deal with. Probably too fair tbh. I'm sure we will meet them half way with pick 23 being the mainstay of negotiations. If we need to do some tweaks with another pick such as 37 I'm sure we will come to the party but if Sydney want to be unreasonable then they may end up with nothing.

I don't think anyone is trying to screw over anyone else. The crows have always been a fair club to deal with. Probably too fair tbh. I'm sure we will meet them half way with pick 23 being the mainstay of negotiations. If we need to do some tweaks with another pick such as 37 I'm sure we will come to the party but if Sydney want to be unreasonable then they may end up with nothing.

Crows just need to ask the simple question to themselves, what would happen if the shoe was on the other foot? :think:

Its quite simple, we would be screwed.

I think Pick 23 is more than fair. While Pick 37 may not net us anything, points wise its equivalent ~ Pick 12 which is overs given the current scenario.

It should be noted, Swans accepted a lot less for players they have lost. Pick 23 is fair and reasonable, esp given we could run the gauntlet and keep Pick 23 and most likely grab Dawson via the PSD.

Crows just need to ask the simple question to themselves, what would happen if the shoe was on the other foot? :think:

Its quite simple, we would be screwed.

I think Pick 23 is more than fair. While Pick 37 may not net us anything, points wise its equivalent ~ Pick 12 which is overs given the current scenario.

It should be noted, Swans accepted a lot less for players they have lost. Pick 23 is fair and reasonable, esp given we could run the gauntlet and keep Pick 23 and most likely grab Dawson via the PSD.
Yes agree. They accepted around pick 35 for Zak Jones when he went to the Saints. Jones was a similar player to Dawson when he left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trading away pick 4 would be a disaster even if we got another first rounder back. That pick needs to be untouchable
I think it depends on who the Crows want?

IF we are going for SA kids, then dropping down makes total sense.

If we are aiming for the best player at Pick 4, then I agree with you.

I think it depends on who the Crows want?

IF we are going for SA kids, then dropping down makes total sense.

If we are aiming for the best player at Pick 4, then I agree with you.

Why wouldn't we be aiming for the best players? Our list sucks, we need elite top end talent

Why wouldn't we be aiming for the best players? Our list sucks, we need elite top end talent
I think we go after what we need. If that can still be done by splitting picks we can cover more needs than one.

Agreed - but you have players that have barely played for two years. There is a lot of guessing involved this year.

That is also extenuated by the COVID environment where there has been a lack of footy this year too.
To be fair, I think we're saying the same thing? :)

COVID has meant players have very little exposed form and have largely been outside of formal training environments.

I think these will be very unpredictable drafts, both with the order of selections and who actually amounts to something.

My ideal Dawson scenario?

The Melbourne 2nd and our 2022 2nd.

I think we still need the draft stock for this year?

My ideal Dawson scenario?

The Melbourne 2nd and our 2022 2nd.

I think we still need the draft stock for this year?

My ideal scenario is that they just give him to us for nothing. But I don't really see much for Sydney in either of our proposals, so they're probably unlikely :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back