Player Watch Jordan Dawson - Our New Captain!

Remove this Banner Ad

It's become really noticeable that Tredrea has become more and more a Port shrill. He once was a really good media person, who had removed himself from his Port bias. Not anymore. He getting closer and closer to Kornes than ever before.
It was a salty comment but he obviously was disappointed. You could hear the disappointment in Kane's voice this morning.

The Adelaide media are making a big deal about Dawson being in the top 6 earners at the club, but when you dig a little deeper it makes sense.

Looking at our list it actually makes sense that he would be.

Top 5 (in no particular order)
Sloane
Tex
Doedee
Laird
Crouch

Dawson would then be just in front of the next group of salary wise ie Smith, Seeds, Milera etc
Sloane
Laird
ROB
Walker
Doedee

It's become really noticeable that Tredrea has become more and more a Port shrill. He once was a really good media person, who had removed himself from his Port bias. Not anymore. He getting closer and closer to Kornes than ever before.

Kane and Tredders apparently got a whack the other day from the club about being too negative about the Prelim final loss, so they're clearly being manipulated by the club as to what they should or shouldn't say.

I seem to remember Rucci back in the day criticising us for doing it, but low and behold Port are obviously doing it and where's the criticism from that hermit Rucci? Yep nowhere !!!!

Kane and Tredders apparently got a whack the other day from the club about being too negative about the Prelim final loss, so they're clearly being manipulated by the club as to what they should or shouldn't say.

I seem to remember Rucci back in the day criticising us for doing it, but low and behold Port are obviously doing it and where's the criticism from that hermit Rucci? Yep nowhere !!!!
Rucci is on Port's payroll, so he's hardly one to criticize at this point.

Not sure I'd have them at 11pm. I'd have them at 1am - still close to midnight, but past their prime. I think they were closest in 2020, and will only move further away from 12 from now on.

Still, that's better than Geelong, who are at 2am, and about to move very rapidly towards 6 or 7am.
About to post the same . I reckon they are at 12:30 with an opportunity to rewind the clock for next year only if they get some midfield depth. They really needed to land Dawson . Sucked in

Congrats 👏

While I would have much preferred him to join the dark side than your mob I can’t complain when a kid gets to come home and play for the team he barracked for.

Think we both needed some good news of late, we got ours with Ollie and you have just got yours.

Good luck next year, cya at the Showdown

P.S don’t give Sydney squat for him 😎

Seems this board's much maligned Crows Board member and playing legend Mr. Mark Ricciuto Esq played no small part in getting young Jordan's autograph on a contract.:p

Jordan Dawson says he wants to join Adelaide in the AFL off-season
Adelaide has scored a coup over the Power with Jordan Dawson’s trade request and the Crows have a club legend to thank for helping their successful pitch.

The Crows have secured an off-season win over cross-town rival Port Adelaide, enticing Sydney’s South Australian star Jordan Dawson to West Lakes.
Eleven days after Robe-raised Dawson requested a homecoming trade for family reasons, Adelaide confirmed on Tuesday the halfback/wingman wanted to join the club.
The Crows were understood to have offered more money for the out-of-contract 24-year-old, who finished third in the Swans’ best and fairest this year.

He will join the club on a long-term deal.

Adelaide will now look to secure him during the AFL’s trade period, which begins on October 4.

Dawson made his decision after touring both clubs last week – Adelaide on Thursday and the Power on Friday – once he completed quarantine.
Port Adelaide had hoped its on-field record in making consecutive preliminary finals would help it attract Dawson but the Crows’ pitch prevailed.

He met with Adelaide coach Matthew Nicks and players while at the club.

Crows football director Mark Ricciuto, whom Dawson idolised while growing up as an Adelaide supporter, also spoke with the 64-gamer’s family this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade our future 1st for Sydney's future 1st

Bet on us!

I wouldn't, our list is destined to be somewhere in the bottom 4-6 even with Dawson. Lots of talent, but it's waaayyyy too young/inexperienced to do anything noteworthy.

Wonder if he and Fog know each other? Only a couple of years apart so might have played junior footy together (Lucindale being a bee's dick from Robe)
Lucindale F/C and Robe F/C play in different leagues but I guess it's possible.

Seems this board's much maligned Crows Board member and playing legend Mr. Mark Ricciuto Esq played no small part in getting young Jordan's autograph on a contract.:p

Jordan Dawson says he wants to join Adelaide in the AFL off-season
Adelaide has scored a coup over the Power with Jordan Dawson’s trade request and the Crows have a club legend to thank for helping their successful pitch.

Great stuff - Roo did something right for club, ie the requirement of his role. It will be fantastic if that continues.

It doesn't make every other mistake disappear though.

As in almost all industries you pay a premium for a lateral hire. Too long we've been afraid of upsetting our salary structure. No wonder we don't bring enough talent in.

Agree, I think there was a time where overpaid the Senior players. Players like Tex, Betts, Lynch, Jenkins and Sloane all tested the market and we paid up for fear of losing them.

I think there was scope to let one go along the way and get some talent in that were five years younger.

You'd honestly be crazy not to (meet with both). It's his life for the next 4-5 years and most likely beyond. The last thing you want to do is sign for 5 years, walk in and instantly realise you've made a terrible mistake.
True but his manager could have advised Dawson to meet Powaa even though he had no intention of going there. This shows Sydney and the Crows that Dawson is willing to go elsewhere if both parties don't play ball in negotiations. I feel confident a deal will get done quite easily and quickly. As stated above a deal likely has already been done. What will be interesting is whether a player is involved or not.

I'm trying to understand why Dawson left SYD to return to Sth Aust .....SYD a club on the rise, played Finals ..rare that a player would leave without a family / partner issue ?

I live in Sydney, moved here for work 14 years ago. With the extended hard borders up, I have seen my family in SA for a total of 3 days in 2 years and my brother and his wife are having their first child in December, who I probably won't be there to meet.

I think if you said to a lot of people from interstate that live in NSW 'You can stay here and risk not seeing family, or go home and see them whenever you like, but there's no in between', many, many of them would relocate back to SA if they could earn the same wage, let alone get a pay rise.

True but his manager could have advised Dawson to meet Powaa even though he had no intention of going there. This shows Sydney and the Crows that Dawson is willing to go elsewhere if both parties don't play ball in negotiations. I feel confident a deal will get done quite easily and quickly. As stated above a deal likely has already been done. What will be interesting is whether a player is involved or not.

If Sydney only got told yesterday that Dawson had settled on Crows then negotiations would likely only start today at the earliest. And if he told them earlier in the process that he had already decided he was going to the Crows then there wouldn't have been much for him to gain by touring Alberton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back