Opinion Player list management and game plan 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stick with the draft for youth. Someone who can actually kick the ball, either foot.
I understand the lure of Francis from Essendon, but is he mentally strong enough?

I thought at the start of the year, our list building looked strong. But our main difference still looks like a lack of foot skills, inclusive of field kicking & goal kicking. especially under pressure..

I understand the lure of Francis from Essendon, but is he mentally strong enough

New club (one renowned for culture) back in his home state with family and friends.... could reinvent him self as a footballer.

Look at how Polec has developed since coming back to SA...My biggest concern would be what Essendon would want for him.

Last edited:

New club (one renowned for culture) back in his home state with family and friends.... could reinvent him self as a footballer.

Look at how Polec has developed since comi back to SA...My biggest concern would be what Essendon would want for him.
After what Essendope have done to their players in the past, it would be nice to see them start to consider the players mental health for once (like we did with Impey) but I guess I’m expecting too much of Dodoro.

Look at how Polec has developed since comi back to SA...My biggest concern would be what Essendon would want for him.

YEP> point taken....

Last edited:
Lycett is a must in the trade period IMO if he want's to come home back to Port Adelaide, we need a decent 2nd ruck who can play forward as a KPF.

We've seen how we play with Ryder out, and it's not pretty.

Could trade Pittard off to a Vic club and use that pick for Lycett. Couple of 2nd rounders should be enough to get it done.

Lycett is a must in the trade period IMO if he want's to come home back to Port Adelaide, we need a decent 2nd ruck who can play forward as a KPF.

Could trade Pittard off to a Vic club and use that pick for Lycett. Couple of 2nd rounders should be enough to get it done.

Cant see it happening, why would Lyset leave WCE to play second fiddle to Ryder. He gets a game every week in tandum with Natanui, we have a foward line of Dixon, Watts and Marshall. Can’t see us playing a second ruckman with three tall fowards when Dixon can ruck if needed, and as many tall defenders.

Build on what we've got, new players coming in is always going to throw things around for a while. Look what happened with Essendon and Smith/Stringer and us with Watts/Rockliff/Motlop. They're settling in now and will be assets to both clubs but there is always the period of acclimatization. And this could mean the difference between finals or not. Too many trades are made with the idea of what someone can bring to the club and not what they might take away. I am still convinced Lobbe's loss of form had as much to do with his replacement as no. 1 ruck as with his being overtaken by larger rucks at other clubs.
Definitely do not trade with Essendon, unless wasting half the trade period is in vogue.

As a DFA maybe. I wouldn’t pay anything for him.
Doesnt really matter. Hes a free agent. Hawks will get nothing in comp as an unrestricted free agent. I suppose as unrestricted fa he would want 2 years on low afl wage whereas dfa 1 year.
I still would be loading up on talls and outside mids in the draft. One cheap free agent wouldnt effect this, just give us some experience and depth in talls.

I have a feeling crows will go hard for him. Jacobs is in his 30s now and it looks like the game has passed him this year. They will probably out-bid us since they should have plenty of cap space once lynch and sloane leave.

I have a feeling crows will go hard for him. Jacobs is in his 30s now and it looks like the game has passed him this year. They will probably out-bid us since they should have plenty of cap space once lynch and sloane leave.

He fits their needs but if sloane goes as a free agent they wont want to lose the compo by getting lycett. If sloane stays they dont have $ to throw around.

With lycett, mcgovern and gaff all free agents and west coast playing finals this will be a long game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha, we should go for him then 100% and make them pay overs. :D

Nah lycett not a need for us. Doesn’t fit forward with Dixon watts and Marshall and Hayes looks a better long term ruck prospect for life after Ryder. Crows will throw money at lycett.

West Coast plays Nic Nat ruck 1 = Ryder.

Kennedy deep forward = Dixon

Darling roaming forward = Watts

Waterman young tall who third tall = Marshall

Lycett second ruck / forward / bench.

It works for them. Also, how often are Ryder, Dixon, Watts and Marshall all available? Who else do we have on our list likely to play these roles?

Last edited:
West Coast plays Nic Nat ruck 1 = Ryder.

Kennedy deep forward = Dixon

Darling roaming forward = Watts

Waterman young tall who third tall = Marshall

Lycett second ruck / forward / bench.
I just felt a fleeting wave of depression reading this.

I don’t like the durdin calls. I think we’d be better off drafting a project KPD than trading in a guy struggling to break into a young side.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-28/eagles-free-agent-will-ramp-up-contract-talks-postbye
"My managers Colin Young and Andrew McDougall are in negotiations with the club at the moment," Lycett told ABC.

"(I) haven't put off talks with the club or anything like that."

With the Eagles having won nine consecutive matches, Lycett said his decision may be made easier with a winning culture.

"We're just getting it sorted and as long as we're winning that's all that matters at the moment," he said.

"When you win nine in a row it's a pretty good environment to be around."

The trouble with going after a guy like Slyce is that we can't promise him best 22 whereas his current club can. Pretty much no chance at this stage.

I don't think I'll ever get used to Lycett being called Slyce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back