Behaviourz2Outcomz
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor
Jul 15, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fox Sports FC
Doing good things up in Brissy (or BrisVegas, if you’ll indulge me!)

Just love how even though he’s a big lumberer, he can clunk a big mark. Just what we need in crunch time of these tight games

Not sure if he has the running power to play our game style, but I’m sure after a preseason or two he’d be capable!

We have a good record of getting Queenslanders over here to play for a reel club. What do youse think?

rainwizard39

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There’s no way he’d want to come here. Stefan Martin is close to retiring and he’ll be their next ruck because Brisbane knows how to develop talls unlike Ken.

Heck, if Marshall played for them we’d all be talking about how much we could use a guy like him. But no Ken will choose Sam Gray over him because...... Who tf knows anymore?

Last edited:
I watched the Big O play in a trial v the Suns on the Gold Coast in February. The Brisbane supporter next to me called him the Big O all game and I was intrigued why and he told me about him. Was a big lump of a bloke, not huge weight wise, a good size but bloody tall was a mature age rookie recruit from the VFL was about 25 and 3rd year on the list. Just before the Lions game started I wrote in the game day - thread gotta make sure we stop the Big O taking marks. He only took 1 against our shortish defence.

I think Sam Hayes will be our Big O equivalent. But that bloody ACL injury means we wont see him much before 2021. Will probably play next year bit but 2021 he will take over from Ryder.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I watched the Big O play in a trial v the Suns on the Gold Coast in February. The Brisbane supporter next to me called him the Big O all game and I was intrigued why and he told me about him. Was a big lump of a bloke, not huge weight wise, a good size but bloody tall was a mature age rookie recruit from the VFL was about 25 and 3rd year on the list. Just before the Lions game started I wrote in the game day - thread gotta make sure we stop the Big O taking marks. He only took 1 against our shortish defence.

I think Sam Hayes will be our Big O equivalent. But that bloody ACL injury means we wont see him much before 2021. Will probably play next year bit but 2021 he will take over from Ryder.
Hope Ryder can hang in there then.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons

Ladhams' improvement this year is auspicious. Hayes is probably better, but if Ladhams reaches replacement level, we should be ok in the ruck department in the foreseeable future.

I am starting to agree with you. We should pick a potential ruckman every year, be it in the draft, the rookie draft, cat-B rookie, or even DFA.

Developing rucks seems to be something like horse or cattle breeding. It takes a lot of time and resource, many trials and errors, to develop excellence. Besides, some may fail as rucks, but become KPD or KPF, instead — which is not a failure at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back