List Mgmt. Trade Targets 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Example of how supporters overate their own players in draft period especially Jonas and Lobbe.

Go and have a look at trade history...many a dud has been traded for a second round and occasionally first round pick! Generally speaking any 'best 22' player will get you a second rounder, perhaps with some late pick swapping depending on where the pick actually falls. Jonas is 'best 22' and Lobbe is in the 'seeking first ruck opportunities' zone and ruckman always seem to cost more. Both should be able to net us second rounders.

Example of how supporters overate their own players in draft period especially Jonas and Lobbe.

Considering we where offered a first rounder for lobbe last year and the fact that rucks tend to pull a premium I would say that is remotely over rating him at all.

Considering that I'd be pushing for a first rounder again !

Go and have a look at trade history...many a dud has been traded for a second round and occasionally first round pick! Generally speaking any 'best 22' player will get you a second rounder, perhaps with some late pick swapping depending on where the pick actually falls. Jonas is 'best 22' and Lobbe is in the 'seeking first ruck opportunities' zone and ruckman always seem to cost more. Both should be able to net us second rounders.

Lol GWS have about five that cant get a game that they want first rounders for.

This year we should focus on picks and wait for FA's.

No idea why we'd wanna get rid of Sam Gray personally. Let alone Jonas, we need experienced defenders.

I'd be happy with the backs we've got without Jonas (and now Bobby). Although fresh and raw, you'd build a team around it and have a solid 6 for years to come.
As for big blokes at the other end. Hit the draft and get the best big forward/s we can. No good ones are floating about, plus, we've tried the 'last piece of the puzzle' for the last couple of years.

Even without Bobby, we still have Trengove, Hombsch, Jonas, Austin, Clurey, O'Shea, and Stewart as guys that can (to varying extents) play KPD. We should probably be getting rid of two of them (O'Shea and Stewart) and we can realistically afford to lose another one especially if we draft in even a 4th round KPD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone paid pick 20 for Lobbe, or pick 30 for Jonas. I mean, that'd be a very good deal for us, but clubs needing those types of players have paid more for less.

Sam Gray is a midfielder and Jonas is expendable at the moment
happy to get rid of both Grey & Jonas but your not getting anything for them so its either keep or delist, Jonas i would definately keep for depth but the sooner we can replace him with a better player the better

I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone paid pick 20 for Lobbe, or pick 30 for Jonas. I mean, that'd be a very good deal for us, but clubs needing those types of players have paid more for less.
yes i think clubs would give you a mid to late 2nd rounder for lobbe

Back to Ricky Henderson for a minute.

He is a good run and carry player who can actually kick the ball and is fairly pacey. Have him line up with Polec and that looks like a tasty combo on the wings. And he's a free agent.

No idea why we'd wanna get rid of Sam Gray personally. Let alone Jonas, we need experienced defenders.
Sam Gray is a short mid. His type will always struggle against big bodied sides too much, unless they have an X-factor (Mitchell, Harvey, Daniel). Sam Gray doesn't have that and is short. We can't bemoan being undersized against the opposition all too regularly and then keep the likes of him on the list, IMO.

Jonas is a stopper. A decent stopper, but just that. You need more strings to the bow now with reduced rotations. Get a good price for him now, before he's completely lost all value (him missing parts of this year a blessing in this case).

Back to Ricky Henderson for a minute.

He is a good run and carry player who can actually kick the ball and is fairly pacey. Have him line up with Polec and that looks like a tasty combo on the wings. And he's a free agent.
There's a reason he's not a consistent member of the crows best 22. Poor defensively, can run and carry a little and does kick it alright, but is pretty lacklustre in his impact. Don't hate the idea, but think - especially as he is 28 next year and still only managed 90 games - that we could do a fair bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back