List Mgmt. Trade Targets 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just comparing our KPD situation to our KPF/Inside mids......
Inside Mid is a must with our 1st pick in the draft because our group in that area in some aspects has regressed......
Yeah I assumed we are going for a midfielder - probably inside mid - with our first pick in the draft, so as this is a trade thread I only mentioned positions we need to trade for ie experienced players.

I'd prefer Clurey over Jonas tbh. In the Sydney game he held Buddy to 2 goals in a defence that made the 2007 GF back 6 look like titans in comparison.

There was some discussion about this a few weeks ago and Jonas may get a game over Clurey because if Hombsch, Trengove(Ryder rucking), Austin are all down back Jonas can then play on mids resting forward or medium/small forwards.

Clurey might need to add that to his bow, I've only seen him tag top SANFL mids last year and he did well but hasn't been in any role other than KPD since.

Yeah I assumed we are going for a midfielder - probably inside mid - with our first pick in the draft, so as this is a trade thread I only mentioned positions we need to trade for ie experienced players.

I'm predicting for the trade period we'll see 1 or 2 players in (Young KPF/Ruck and possibly Experienced KPF and 2 or 3 out (Lobbe, O'Shea and possibly Broadbent).

What do people think of Liam McBean?

I appreciate he was dumped by Richmond but would it be worth throwing him a DFA or getting him as a rookie and seeing how he goes? Maybe just needs more time.

202cm forward/ruck. Taken in the same draft as wines, Clurey and shaw. Was pick 32 ish.

Never seen him play but remember hardwick having high hopes for him. Given our lack of KPF depth would be mad not to look at him. Could also allow us to trade Lobbe if we get an appropriate deal. I'm all for it!

I can't see the club picking up Mason Shaw again.
My memory of him at the Maggies was that he was a good kick, but needed the ball delivered lace out or he couldn't get it.

Freo were desperate for forwards, but didn't pick him up in last year's draft, he may be a chance for them this year, but if I was a Freo supporter I would rather have Butch. ;)

I have a recollection there were rumblings that he was disenchanted when he was played in defence for the Maggies, and wanted to be traded to one of the W.A. clubs, and when that didn't happen and he was delisted, his mother went on radio ( in Perth? ) and gave the club a bake.

So we need
Another experienced KPF as the cupboard is bare when Charlie isn't there
Another experienced KPD especially if Jacko is going to ruck and play forward
Another fit and mobile experienced ruckmen, with Lobbe taking the break in case of emergency role
Another mid fielder with blistering pace to support White and replace him when injured
Another elite kicking mid fielder in the Polec mode who can slice thru zones

**** those sort of players don't come cheap. Are there any available out there at a decent price?
As far as KPD goes last year we were into Henry Schade 196cm defender. We might revisit that one?

Vickery wants to go to the Hawks.

That could leave O'Brien and Schoenmakers open to a trade back to S.A. - both KPFs.

O'Brien is an unknown quantity to me but Schoenmakers seems like Hawthorn's Thurstans IMO, with dodgier injury history.

So do the Hawks intend to use Vickery up forward in the Roughead role that Schoey isn't quite up to most of the time, or will they throw him in the guts like Trengove in place of a less flexible "dinosaur" type ruck?

I guess we'll see when the trade feelers come creeping out. I expect they'd be more ok with offloading Pittonet or Fitzpatrick than Schoenmakers or O'Brien. They've got a track record of using and losing ruckmen very tactically (in terms of their list).

Vickery may not want to ruck quite so much but I suspect he doesn't want to be Richmond's next Chaplin more than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Collingwood thread seem to think we are into Jamie Elliott. Back injury seems bad but worth a punt imo for the right price

*flashbacks to trading with Hawthorn*
Yeah, with the Hawks you worry what they're hiding with players they are willing to let go. Trade for a player, only to discover they've got some rare medical condition previously unknown to man, that stops them playing better than D grade Amateur level (when not in rehab).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood thread seem to think we are into Jamie Elliott. Back injury seems bad but worth a punt imo for the right price
If we could offload Neade somewhere for something decent enough I'd do it.

There doesn't seem to be many KPP we could be hopeful of landing in this offseason. We could be in a bad spot next season if all fails.

Black and vardy the most likely?

What's Collingwood's strategy? Unload every half decent player they have and rebuild with spuds? Very Carltonish.

Personally I think the only players that are a real chance of being traded by us are AhChee and O'Shea. I also think that theres very little chance we will bring players in as part of the trading. I think we'll just try and get back in the 2nd round of the draft with these trades.

Im 99% confident Lobbe wont go anywhere and 100% on Broadbent and Hartlett.

Im also 100% confident that this external desperation to just trade out and delist everyone, the desire doesnt exist internally. Every call has been expected so far except for Butch which leaves our depth horribly exposed up forward and will ensure Howard cops a lot of defensive attention in the SANFL on his return. P Stewart is the remaining question mark most likely related to O'Sheas questionable future.

Last edited:
What do people think of Liam McBean?

I appreciate he was dumped by Richmond but would it be worth throwing him a DFA or getting him as a rookie and seeing how he goes? Maybe just needs more time.

202cm forward/ruck. Taken in the same draft as wines, Clurey and shaw. Was pick 32 ish.

spoke to friend in Melbourne, who follows vfl. he said, he is a good vfl player, but to light for a kpf.
He needs to ball to be delivered well. Not sure we have the players taking the ball forward to do that.

I would like to see someone, who keeps the physical presence around the contest, when Wines is rotated to the bench/forward.
We have players to can play outside.
Does Ollie have a twin brother?

I would like to see someone, who keeps the physical presence around the contest, when Wines is rotated to the bench/forward.
We have players to can play outside.
Does Ollie have a twin brother?
Yep, sure does - names Will.
A little bit shorter, but a better kick ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back